• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
First resource upload~

This is a complete set of all 5th generation Pokemon icon sprites.
For example:
JSdooBM.png

All of these sprites are compatible with Wichu's Advanced Pokemon Icon Editor.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bokswm2w35bka25/5th_gen_Pokemon_Icons.rar

Credits: You may credit me if you wish~

Last edited:

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Well, I made a de-capitalisation patch, titled the "Ultimate De-capitalisation Patch". Now, I know that there already is a de-capitalisation patch, but please read the "history" of my de-capitalisation patch.

History
I was seriously looking for the "de-capitalisation" patch for two or three weeks until I finally found it. After applying it to my to-be-started hack and seeing how much effort was put into it, I was... very disappointed. Literally, the only de-capitalised things were the item names, Pokémon names and ability names. That was it. So, I finally decided to create my own de-capitalisation patch. Below is a list of things it changes.

Changed and unchanged strings
The following strings were de-capitalised:
Spoiler:

The things that were not modified are below:
Spoiler:

Applying
Applying my Ultimate De-capitalisation Patch is simple. Just download the included .ips file and patch it with Lunar IPS, a.k.a. LIPS. Because only strings are changed, it is safe to patch it to a non-clean ROM (I tried it with my hack), but I do recommend making a backup, I'm not the one to blame if you patch it incorrectly and break your ROM.

Credits
These are the people you may or may not want to credit:
1. Me, for going through the ROM with a hex editor and manually changing names, descriptions and strings.
2. gogojjtech for discovering where the Fight, Bag, Pokémon and Run strings are. If he didn't discover them, I wouldn't have found the Bait, Rock and Ball options which happen to be close to the Fight, Bag, Pokémon and Run options.
3. colcolstyles for discovering where the "S" in the sentence "Obtained the <itemname>S" is. If he didn't post it, we would have "Obtained the PotionS!".
4. Wichu for the original de-capitalisation patch. If it was not for him, I wouldn't have gotten the idea to make one myself.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I figured Id share my personal rom base. its got all the things I do for every rom I hack. as of 8/26/2013

Here is a list of changes and credits:

~Fixed Raoming Legendaries IV glitch:
This fixes a glitch which made roaming dogs have low IVs.

At offset 0x40A92 changed hex bytes
[21 78 1f 24 0A 1C] to [21 68 69 60 20 E0]
CREDIT: HackMew

~Fixed The Pokedex Glitch:
This fixes a glitch which cuts words off os some Pokemon types in the PokeDex.

At offset 0x10583C and 0x105856 changed hex bytes
[00] to [FF]
CREDIT: HackMew

~Made Mew Obey Trainers:
This makes any captured Mew Pokemon obey trainers who have the proper level badge.

At offset 0x1D402 changed hex byte
[97] to [00]
CREDIT: colcolstyles

~Extend Usable Flags:
This makes more flags available for hacking (flags 900-18FF)

Patched JPANs Memory Extension Patch
Assembled Jambo51s Flag extendion ASM script at offset 0x71A240
At offset 0x6E5D6 changed hex bytes:
[05 48 00 78 01 28 08 D0 10 28] to [01 48 00 47 00 00 41 A2 71 08]
CREDIT: JAPAN and Jambo51

~Added TRANSFERSTONE:
This item is used to evolve the trade evolution Pokemon.

Item Index Number: 63
Dexcription offset: 0x71A284
Item data offset: 0x71A2F0
Image Offset: 0x71A300
Palette Offset: 0x71A3C0
At offset 0x252A14 changed hex bytes:
[00 00 00 00] to [F0 A2 71 08]
CREDIT: LocksmithArmy

~Fixed Impossible Evolutions:
Made it so every Pokemon can evolve (using YAPE).

Kadabra evolves into Alakazam using a TRANSFERSTONE
Machoke evolves into Machamp using a TRANSFERSTONE
Graveler evolves into Golem using a TRANSFERSTONE
Haunter evolves into Gengar using a TRANSFERSTONE
Poliwhirl evolves into Politoed using a LEAF STONE
Slowpoke evolves into Slowking using a WATER STONE
Onix evolves into Steelix using a TRANSFERSTONE
Seadra evolves into Kingdra using a TRANSFERSTONE
Scyther evolves into Scizor using a TRANSFERSTONE
Eevee evolves into Espeon using a SUN STONE
Eevee evolves into umbreon using a MOON STONE
Porygon evolves into Porygon2 using a TRANSFERSTONE
Clamperl evolves into Huntail at Lv 20 with Low Personality
Clamperl evolves into Gorebyss at Lv 20 with High Personality

~Removed Extra Moves:
Removed all moves that were duplicated in the Pokemon movesets, freeing up 254 moves.

Used YAPE.

http://lsaentertainment.yolasite.com/resources/LSA%20ROM%20Base%20%28FR%29.rar

I dont require credit for the rom base but DO require credit for my item (the "TRANSFERSTONE")

Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
Here are some Pokemon Yellow Advanced Version sprites:

ash.png

oak0.png
oak2.png
oak1.png
oak3.png

PIKA.png

No credit needed. Sprited them all myself. All of them use the same Pallettes as their in-game counterparts. (Oak=Old Man; Fire Red Only)

If anyone can contact Jambo51, I have a complete graphical, wild Pokemon and trainer roster remake of Yellow Version that uses some of his scripts. I would love to post it somewhere but don't want to without his approval, but it is something which truly should be shared!

BONUS:

Raichu

RAI.png

Last edited:

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
The Generation III overworld Poké Ball looks terrible in my opinion, so I made a Generation IV Poké Ball that uses the same palette as the normal one. The image is indexed and ready to inserted over index 54 with Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition straight after it is downloaded. Oh yeah, here it is.

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Here is a little python magical script that I conjured.

Input: drag & drop images onto script
Output:
imagename-processed.extension
imagename-combined.extension

This will take all the colors in your image, make them GBA compatible ( ie - multiples of 8 ), then it will further reduce the number of used colors to sixteen. Currently, this method takes a summary of colors that are used, takes the top sixteen used colors and then finds the closest match for the remaining colors and swaps them. This creates some problems, but who knows.

What you need to run it:
  • pygame
  • numpy

I tested this with python 3.3 and it worked great, and I can't think of any immediate reasons why it would not work with 2.7 if you add future imports to the first line.
( from __future_ import print_function ). Also, on line 60 I intentionally swapped red and green values. If your output image is in weird colors, change line 60 to be this:

return (r[0],r[1],r[2])

I don't know why, but pygame seemed to be swapping my red and green channels when I went to output the image. This may or may not be local to my machine.

Use-cases:
Primarily, I would see this as a utility for inserting tiles with Advance Map. Modify your palette inside Advance Map into something you'd like to use, export your tileset, bring in your new tiles ( the colors should be roughly similar ), and then run your modified tileset through this script, import the -processed image, and kablam, your tiles have been inserted. I may consider making another script to remove redundant tiles at an 8x8 block level ( as well as report the changes so that you can easily repair your blockset in advance map ).

*edit*

Here's an updated version. :D

Last edited:

Gigabyyyte

Exploring the world of Kalos!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
GIGABYYYTE'S RESOURCES
This post is made up of pure awesomeness.

Okay, so I was planning this hack, but then our team discontinued it 'cause… it's too time-consuming.
Anyway, for those who might wanna recycle the idea, here's what it's all about:

Spoiler:

Sadly, it's too much of a burden. If anyone now wants to make a similar hack because of reading this text, and then manages to pull through, a nice little credit to Team Gigabyyyte (lol) would be nice. It would make our dreams etched forever in the stars (what am I saying)~

Okay, since I'm awesome, I uploaded what we've worked on and made them available for everyone to use.
WITH THE PROPER CREDIT, OF COURSE.

First up, fully recolored (for FireRed) overworlds of Professor Oak and Blue. Note: these are 32x32. You'll have to resize the normal overworlds of 16 x 32 in NSE for them to be inserted. :P Credit me, bro (or sis haha).
http://www.mediafire.com/?78qk6b4ptjxtb1b
http://www.mediafire.com/?iba3a8nbalya4fj

Next, we have Wichu's HGSS sprite pack, but numbered according to ROM index number, and not National Pokédex number. These are ready to be inserted via his Advanced Series Sprite Editor. Credits go, of course, to Wichu. Tag me in for organizing them up.
http://www.mediafire.com/?bnwo80oc4aufpp7

Haha. Here are some overworlds for Kanto's Battle Frontier Brains, rendered HGSS-style. (: Credits go to Kyledove from deviantART for the pixel art, and me for cropping 'em up. THESE HAVE NOT BEEN RECOLORED. And guys, these aren't complete like, as in, per frame.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ja22j060q5a164v

Finally, here are battle sprites for said Brains. Credits go to xMachaku of deviantART for the art, and me for indexing them. (;
http://www.mediafire.com/?5j0p1cdfew74nzq

HAHAHA! Sorry for being a credit hog. :( It's just that… this project has a special place in my heart, and… this is getting cheesy. Okay guys, enjoy your stuff. =))

Giga out.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
I'm not trying to necropost or anything, because I do have a quick resource to add.

I've successfullly added the Fairy-type into Pokémon Emerald! It replaces the ???-type, and it also has the strengths/weaknesses/resistances of the Fairy-type in X and Y. Pokémon like Clefairy and Togepi are pure Fairy-types nows and Mawile and Jigglypuff are secondary Fairy-types. Plus, moves like Charm and Sweet Kiss are Fairy now.

The only thing I didn't do is change the ???-type pic into a Fairy-type pic. But, other than that, the ??? now functions like the Fairy-type. Download is in the attachment. I will update this soon, with all of the 3rd gen roms having the Fairy-type added to them.

NOTE: This patch overwrites any data between E3D000 and E3D167.

Enjoy! :D

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Shouldn't celebrate these fake eeveelutions with my own hack so feel free to use them. I own these images, though they were created for me by commission.

I'm doing a method of eeveelutions to eeveelutions sort of like mega evolutions but its simply just a third stage of evolution for it all.

Here are the images:
Spoiler:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Hi! I've decided to share the mugshots I've used and ripped by Nick Alert! These are INDEXED.
This mugshots can be used on hacking rom and stuff. I do take request, but please do that on pm.
If to be used, please add credits to me and Nick Alert for the mugshots.
Also, thanks to kaedearagaki's indexing tut on Youtube.
I've fixed some of the sprite to fit on 64x64.

RIVALS/PROTAGONIST
Spoiler:

GYM
Spoiler:

EVIL TEAMS
Spoiler:

POKEMON MUGSHOTS

Spoiler:

As you can see, they're not cut, they are fixed. Credits needed if to be used.
I'll be adding more soon. I've made this for GBA rom hacking!
Original thread here.

Last edited:

TheShinyMew

Wild Challenger appeared!
Years
I have use the Spritzee and Aromatisse for your GBA Pokemon Games, and use Wichu's Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor!
Spritzee_zpsf8b8b706.png

Aromatisse_zps844e3bae.png

The sprites came from either Smogon or the Pokemon Showdown sites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back