• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

+ the PokéCommunicators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Hm, what kept me active? Well when the GT started I tried to participate in as many events as possible, and actually completed most of them before I left for South America. I also had a trade shop and that kept me on here because I enjoyed getting new Pokemon it had kind of...business-y feel to it? I enjoyed doing that, and some days I would spend hours doing that. Also, the year of gaming kept me on here for a while because I always wanted to hit the top 3. Plus, my friends ofc and the fun atmosphere that this site provided. Nothing on here really kept me from coming on, I think it was just that the whole college things started, I started to make new friends, had new classes and was in a entirely different atmosphere. That changed me a bit and I didn't get on here, not because I didn't have time but because I just didn't want to. I've adapted though, and now I enjoy getting back on here again, and like I've said earlier, plan to stay.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hypothetically, and maaaaaaaaaaybe something to think about in the future...on the topic of events: If you were a host of an event, what kind would it be and where would you host it?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to those who've joined; we're happy to have you!

So, we've got another Get-Together coming up sometime around June, which is five months away from now. Are we planning to take part in any events that are annually hosted? Would we find ourselves creating our own events? If we're planning to make and host a few, what sort of events are they going to be? How would we go about running them?

As for myself, I likely won't be hosting anything, unfortunately. Though, if others need help, I would be glad to lend some assistance. As for taking part, I haven't participated in many events at our last GT, so I'll put some effort into changing that this time around and try to take part in more.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm gonna stay on the sidelines for now. It's unknown whether I'm going to be active enough to host a few events for the GT this year. But I'm hoping so though! Last year I wasn't really able to host some events (well, I was part of the Battle Server GT there, I was able to help out a little~) so I'm unsure for this year. Better keep hoping for now.

If anything at all, I really want to bring back the Egg Swap.

Years
I'm actually considering participating more actively this time around. The GTs are always very fun but for some reason I have next to no memory of the last few, probably because I didn't put enough effort into participation... so that has to change this time. So many awesome things I end up missing out on because laziness. :'(

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I do some battling sometimes, and I play CAH. But other than that I'm not too terrible active in the whole GT thing. I'd thought about creating an event so that I can be a bit more active with it, but every time I try to think of what I would do my mind draws a blank.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Valentines day is nearing, guys. Sooo, let's talk about pairs. They're pretty popular here. You can have one, two, or even five. What's your opinion on them? Do you have a pair? Care to share who it is? :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's surprising as to how pairing is considered to be so important in PC; not much other forums seem to do this sort of stuff.

Currently, I'm paired to Shawn (Dragon). We've been paired with each other since August 2013, which is almost two years ago, and still are. Unless one of us wind up leaving the forum at some point, I'm unsure if we'll ever un-pair. Haha.

I'm a fan of this system here; it's a good way to show off one of our stronger online-based friendships.

Years
I do find the pairs system is more cared about here than on other forums, and I can understand why because some act like they'd be real friends.

My first consistent pair on this forum was awolfsquared who I paired up with back in May 2013, although our pairing status is questionable since he doesn't get on as much as he used to, so if I do end up unpairing him I'd likely blame it on his lack of activity.

The second pair of mine, Starry Windy paired with me in September 2013 and I think he's the one who acts more like a true pair should, since we do bond well with each other a lot and that's probably why he's stuck with me so long.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I love the pairing system, like wow.

Even though I'm like the Queen of Shipping, and I'm pretty good with who should be paired to who, my ships are well, not great :P

My first one was with Mid. Then with Twi, then with Pachy, but the latter two are gone, and me and Mid just forgot we even paired up lel

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My longtime pair is Buoysel, and we've been pairs for almost four years..March 30th is our pairaversary. Never thought we'd come this far! But to be quite honest, we surely do have a strong friendship. <3 Then I got paired with Kanzler a year ago. We still keep in touch, he's also the greatest ever. :D

Years
I paired with Logi a few months before I was promoted to mod iirc, so that's over 2.5 years ago now. Oh god does time fly omg.

Years
skyluigi2 and I paired up in 2013 after just saying hi to each other randomly. We still talk whenever we can, and I'm really trying my best to get him to be on PC more often! My other pair is Nolafus, and we paired in late March last year; he and I have a love for the same evolution line, so that's how we paired up.

Years
Username: Lisia
Reason for Joining the Club: Though I've only been a member of PC for a little over a month, this wonderful community has quickly risen to be my favorite site to visit. I say this in all honesty... I spend about 90 percent of my time on the internet here! Not only is there lots to talk about Pokemon, but various Fan Clubs meet all my other interests, too. PokeCommunity has been my one-stop site for all my online entertainment and socializing needs. I've been a member of various forums over the years, but never have I felt so involved and a part of community, y'know? This site is just really cool and I am definitely a fan.
Who's PC's Site Admin?: Rukario

Let's see... a topic...
If you had a chance to rewind time in PC's history, where would you go? It would be interesting to see the site layout and userbase vibe of PokeCommunity when it was first created.

Oh, and about the discussion on pairs... Being a newbie, I am not paired to anyone yet. I suppose I have a about 3 people on my friends list whom I chit chat with pretty often. Does pairing with someone reinforce a friendship? Oh veteran members of PC, tell me more about your experience with pairs~ :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh, and about the discussion on pairs... Being a newbie, I am not paired to anyone yet. I suppose I have a about 3 people on my friends list whom I chit chat with pretty often. Does pairing with someone reinforce a friendship? Oh veteran members of PC, tell me more about your experience with pairs~ :)

Basically pairing with someone here is basically...showing off your friendship with someone you are close with on PC. It doesn't have to be a relationship kind of thing, because me & Kanzler are more of a friendship kind of pairing and we're not together. We're just really close to each other as friends.

I wrote a blog about pairings, might be worth of a read to learn more!

Years
Basically pairing with someone here is basically...showing off your friendship with someone you are close with on PC. It doesn't have to be a relationship kind of thing, because me & Kanzler are more of a friendship kind of pairing and we're not together. We're just really close to each other as friends.

I wrote a blog about pairings, might be worth of a read to learn more!
Ah, that's what I thought. Friendship is a splendid thing. ^_^
I assume most pairings I see are not actually romantic, otherwise I don't think people would openly advertise multiple relationships! Heh heh HORF. {XD}

I'll wait to pair with someone once I feel like we're really close pals.
tumblr_m7eg8inMIc1qdlkyg.gif

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hey guys! Not sure if this topic was done before, but let's have fun with this one, shall we? What would you be if PC was actually a real-life city? Would you be the same person you are online in real life? Different?

Also! Did anyone like the small Valentiines Day Event that our own Luvdisc made? Would you like to see it next year? :3

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
On the topic of pairs, my pair is actually my online boyfriend. He signed up here a while back. However though, he's not really much of a forum person. So, he never gets on at all. I don't really care lol. <3

What would you be if PC was actually a real-life city? Would you be the same person you are online in real life? Different?

I would probably be the same person I am in real life actually. I'm more introverted offline, and I tend to keep to myself at times more than I do online to be honest.

omfg wtf i need post in clubs more lol

Years
Hey guys! Not sure if this topic was done before, but let's have fun with this one, shall we? What would you be if PC was actually a real-life city? Would you be the same person you are online in real life? Different?

Also! Did anyone like the small Valentiines Day Event that our own Luvdisc made? Would you like to see it next year? :3
If PC were a real-life city, I'd pretty much be the same person except a tad more shy I suppose.

I really enjoyed the Valentines event! I sent a handful of Valentines to PC users I respect/admire that way!
tumblr_ma6uwjaT9h1qid2nw.gif

Years
What would you be if PC was actually a real-life city? Would you be the same person you are online in real life? Different?

I would definitely be the same person as I am on the forums, except I'd probably be a tad more shy than usual given that I tend to suffer a lot of social anxiety in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back