• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning (T) [OOC +SU)

What would you like more of in this Roleplay?

• Fighting. More fighting!

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Character interaction. Get to know each other more.

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Deeper storyline: more drama, more comedy, more romance.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Side stories. A few adventures away from the main plot.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • More flexible plot. Plot decided in part by the RPers.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • The Roleplay is fine as is.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Also, you're post was response #666. Fancy that...

It obviously means that he's the harbinger of Odyssey's doom.

~~~

I'll try to post after the weekend.
I'm going through some personal things and am having mood swings as a result, so I don't feel like typing anything. >.>;

EDIT: Lol, you act like posts of that length are rare in Odyssey. xD

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
They really do get long though, don't they. Mine haven't been as long because I'm still pretty new to roleplaying on a forum (this is my first one).

Years
Alright, I hope this passes muster, here is my SU.

Side: Gold

Name: Dinorah

Title: None

Pokemon Species: Meganium

Appearance: She mostly looks like a fairly standard Meganium, but since her father is a Venusaur, she has picked up a few bits of her appearance from him. Her skin is a slightly darker green, the flower petals at the base of her neck have small light pink splotches randomly dotted across them, and there are darker green leaves behind the flower petals, providing a little extra support. She also has reddish eyes like a Bulbasaur which haven't changed in color since she was a Chikorita.

Personality: While her wanderlust has faded a little from when she was younger, Dinorah still loves to see new places and meet new Pokemon. This has been rather hard for her to deal with since the invasion, having to stay in hiding all the time while her family keeps to themselves mostly for fear of being discovered by the Silver Tribe. However, the safety of her family is still much more important to her than any desire to go for a stroll through an open meadow or city full of other Pokemon. The recent events with the Silver Tribe have made her more wary around anyone she knows nothing about. However, if you do earn her trust, you will have a friend for a lifetime. She will fiercely defend her friends and allies if needed, and has the training and abilities to do it.

History: Dinorah was born in Shine City, raised by two happy parents, a Venusaur named Soto, and a Meganium named Ayanna. She would eventually come to have a younger brother and sister as well. As a young Chikorita, she was very adventurous, often slipping away to go exploring on her own. Punishments didn't seem to do anything to curb her enthusiasm, so her father decided to start teaching young Dinorah all he knew about combat in the hopes that if she did find herself in a dangerous situation, she'd be better able to defend herself.

As she grew older, and her abilities grew stronger, something new drew her interest, and she began to dream of joining the Gold Tribe when she was old enough. She envisioned herself traveling around Valkaria, seeing lands far beyond the area of her home as he helped with missions of all sorts in service of the Alpha Alliance. With this new goal, she only trained even harder, and before long she had evolved into a Bayleef and learned just about everything her father could teach her. So she sought out training from others in the city that had more battle experience.

Some years later, shortly after her sixteenth birthday, Dinorah decided she was as ready as she'd ever be. It was time to attempt to join the Gold Tribe. Alas, she would not get her chance, as it was when the invasion of the Silver Tribe came. Her whole family attempted to flee together, with her father attempting to slow down the advancing Ancients , while she, her mother, and her siblings made their way out of and away from the city. There were just too many however, as soon they lost sight of Soto, and found themselves surrounded. With the situation looking rather bleak, suddenly something miraculous happened. The deep, heartfelt desire to help her family escape combined with how dire things had become, triggered Dinorah to evolve. She and her mother fought with everything they had, and somehow managed to break through the net of Ancients closing in around them, and from there, they ran for their lives, making for the deep forest in the hope that it would hide them well enough that they would be able to escape. They never saw Soto again after that day.

Dinorah has been living with her mother and siblings in the forest ever since, constantly staying on the move in the hopes that it will help them avoid discovery and capture. Recently however, her brother, the second oldest after her, has grown to be old enough to fend for himself and help Ayanna take care of his sister. They have also been in contact with a few of the scattered groups of Pokemon not loyal to the Silver Tribe. They have heard tales that the Gold Tribe still exists and is fighting to take the land back from the Silver Tribe. So, knowing that they can't hide in the forests forever, particularly if the Silver Tribe succeeds in wiping out all other resistance to their rule, Dinorah decides to leave her family and seek out the remaining members of the Gold Tribe.

Moveset: Solar Beam, Vine Whip, Light Screen, Reflect, Aromatherapy, Synthesis

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Delphini- Your SU is Accepted! Welcome to the Odyssey family!

Wow, so many new faces in such a short time. I'm going to start losing track of all of you...I think one more spot in the GT for Kawaii Pikachu, and then I'm going to close up the Gold Tribe side. Having a lot of Rpers is nice, but too many can be a hassle to handle.

Silver Tribe post is up. Sorry if it doesn't offer much in terms of action quite yet. We'll get there. I'll get a GT post up soon. JPing with Garet.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
LOL Believe it or not, 666 was my favorite number before I knew what it meant.

And yes, I do tend to bring doom wherever I go, but that's another story.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Let me know if my post is too... metagame-y. I can remove that last bit if you want SV, but I figured an Earthquake so close would be something I could sense. Being that the Larvitar line has Ground types, Tyranitar is Rock type, and I know Earthquake.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Actually, that totally works NW. Gives you guys something to do. Happy hunting!

Lol, sorry Xilfer. Nice knowing you.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Well, since the Silver Tribe is looking for suspicious characters, perhaps they could bump into my character, Paladin? He's in Cape City right now, and I'm pretty sure a two-foot Golurk could stand out from other Pokemon. Just a suggestion right there. ...Yup, just...putting that out there. ...I will end this post now.

NOT REALLY!!!!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Xilfer...you do realize the Silver Tribe IS looking for your character, right? That Earthquake you used? The Silver Tribe is coming after Paladin...start running. xD

@Claire- Sure, no worries.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
I KNEW IT! Yeah, no, I just posted that just in case they were talking about someone else or something, because that's just how paranoid I am. //wittyexcuse
Finally, some action. Though, one correction, Paladin wasn't actually in the city yet when the Earthquake was used, but it's nice to finally get some attention. Because attention is nice.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
It was hard to trace so sovereign jumped to the worst scenario. Thats why I said it was in the city. At least I didn't completely mis quote you. (looks at sv) lol. Just kidding sv.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
So, what does the Gold Tribe emblem look like. How easy would it to be to make out from a distance?

Actually, I'm not entirely sure what the symbol itself looks like. What the ornament looks like varies somewhat with each Gold Tribe Pokemon, depending on whether they wear it on their arm, ear, tail, etc. I am certain, though, that they're shiny enough to reflect light for a good distance.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Delphini- Woops, missed your question, bur Garet seemed to cover it pretty well. The symbol of the Gold Tribe is that of the 'Eternal Shield', more or less an image of a shield embedded on the center of the golden plate. But as some emblems vary in size and shape, not all possess it. Thought typically those that are used as necklaces or armbands do have it.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Huh, i never knew Golurk could use fly before. Learn something new every day. But seriously, we need to wait for Genevieve to do something before we continue.

EDIT:
ERMAHGERDZ YOU GUYS! I'm the 1000th post in this thread!

Last edited:
Back