• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why did your last relationship end?

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
My first and only relationship ended in April 2013. I was dating someone for five or six years; the first three or so years were wonderful, but the last two or three were filled with emotional, verbal, physical and spiritual abuse. I was constantly being violently aggressed and having my things broken. He would throw chairs, break my cellphones, stab the walls and counters with knives, push me, threaten to kill me with knives, scream at the top of his lungs that he was going to commit murder-suicide (the neighbours were an inch from calling the police)... He physically assaulted me at work and verbally attacked a co-worker. He destroyed corporate property and made a huge scene that ended with being forcefully removed from my apartment by the police.

He still thinks we're together / going to get back together, but it's over. Way over lol. And I might seem very open and calm discussing it, but seeing or reading things that other people have experienced that I also have experienced in a romantic relationship grapples me back into a depressed, traumatized state. I'm 600km away and still scared lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I guess being introverted means getting no real change of any romantic relationships, so I've never been into such a situation.

Anyway, the last friendship I wanted to push a little to far and in the end it just got bad. At least it got kinda repaired even though I haven't taked to her for a while.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
My last one ended a long time ago. Mainly due to jealous. She was always off with her ex boyfriend and last straw came when on valentines day she invited him along. After that it just got worse and things ended. Left me unable to have another relationship and huge trust issues and so on.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
She was a girl. I came to terms with being gay. It wasn't gonna work out.

Callīope1

█ uranianUmbra
Years
I was going through a lot, and had some issues with myself and with my life that I had to clear up. For that to happen, I needed to not date for a while. Didn't help that my boyfriend was really really clingy. I'm really tolerant, and he was still too clingy for me to handle. @_@

TY

Long and sad story, but to make it short (and hopefully less sad)

Appearantly it was all a lie since the beginning of the relationship, and i only found out about that a couple of days ago...

Yeah that kinda sucks a lot if you realise 5-6 months have been wasted cause of that...

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
my last relationship ended about... 6 years ago? haha yes, that long ago. :-P
we eventually just grew weary with each other, and i was starting to get interested in someone else anyway.

Years
Last friendship ended by betrayal. She didn't told me why our relationship was over, but I know for a fact that she refuses to be concerned about my emotions.

Also, I seem to have the worst luck in friendship. They don't last as long as a month; only for like 1-3 days, and the friends are not trustworthy.

Years
She lived in America and I was kind of sick of her clingyness (I'm fifteen and she said she hopes I never date another person!) Now I'm not having a relationship for ages!!!!!!

Years
I always hung out with her, and was starting to not be around my other guy friends, and they were starting to get sick of me. So I hung out with her even more, feeling unwanted in that group so she was feeling guilty thinking she caused it, and tried ending it the first time, I convinced her and she agreed it was a bad idea and so she was glad she didn't, but I guess it got worst, I guess I was clingy and 'whipped', she wanted to just be with her friends sometimes, I know see how I was and wish I could have changed that. I also got jealous pretty easily.. But hey, her old tuning buddy always tries hitting on her and she sometimes goes along with it or the guys that like her, and sometimes she gets a bit carried away with conversations.. But it was harmless, and I just got jealous easily.. yeah, she then just didn't want a relationship anymore, and said 'we can still be bestfriends, like how we used to be!' but now wants me to stay away from her and has three new guy best friends, and one she obviously likes and will date soon, and it's only been a month since she told me 'I don't like anyone and I just don't want to be in a relationship for awhile', and now I'm getting all upset and angry and I'm gonna stop because it still crushes me just thinking about her. Eh.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
My only girlfriend was a girl on Twitter. The relationship lasted four days. She was annoying and a **** and never stopped texting me how much she loved me, which got irritating very quickly. Hence point, I will never willingly be in a relationship until I'm dead or dying.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
My last really close interpersonal relationship failed because they died.

Yeah, that's really the story. That was about 3 years ago too. I should probably try making some new friends and moving on.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
my last serious relationship ended because he was abusive.
my last dating relationship ended because he was clingy.
my last friendship ended because i hate people now.

Years
I really liked this guy I played D&D with. He always made me laugh and he was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. The problem? He's a guy. I'm actually a lesbian. While I am panromantic, I wasn't physically attracted to him. Still, I was willing to try, but he wasn't. He said he was too worried about when I would "change my mind" and dump him for a girl. Whatever.

Back