• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Mini Modding?

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
Years
Can someone give me a textbook guide for what NOT to do when reporting something?

For example, should you post without infracting, infract without posting, or both?

I was infracted and warned about it, so I'd like to know where I'm going wrong.

Vernikova

Banned
Years
I really don't understand your question.

All you should do is report the post or whatever your reporting, don't post in the thread or leave a VM on the person's page that you're reporting them. That's basically it.

A staff member would explain it better I guess.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
Waait... I'm getting the impression that you think members can infract people. o3o

Mini-modding is just basically telling members that they did something wrong, or possibly posting that you reported a thread. For example:

You didn't have 4 words in your post. *reports*

I don't think this is in the right section.

You broke [rule].
And so on. I guess if you spot someone breaking the rules, report the post. You shouldn't tell the member what they did wrong, 'cause that's what the staff is for.

A member's purpose is to post and enjoy the forum, not to rectify another member's wrongs. That's the staff's duty.

Years
Hm...
If you mean what to do as a member, just report the post and say what is wrong with it.
For staff, they just infract. They only post saying ~CLOSED~ and such if it's a spam thread.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Avoid confronting a member on their behavior/(n)etiquette regarding the PC Rules and you should be fine. (At least as far as mini-modding goes)

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
Years
I suppose this is silently addressing me, since I infracted you...

Basically mini-modding is what the above posts have said. Kayashi hit the nail on the head. Rather than posting what's wrong with a thread, just report it and walk away. Staff can deal with that kind of stuff, we don't need members to throw their 2 cents in.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
Basically, what Kayashi and CME said. But I just thought I'd add, another reason why mini-modding is discouraged is because it tends to confuse members. I've had several cases where a member breaks a rule, and then gets confused when another member comes along and points it out. Even if the mini-modding is correct (when half the time it isn't XD;) it still does more harm then good, at least from the experience with it I've had.

So yeah, what Kayashi and CME said, stick to reporting :>

Back