• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lavender Town- PokeConspiracies and Strange Tales Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I always find the sources of the creepy pasta to be the creepiest parts of any creepypasta to be honest, which is why those that are based on something actually creepy stuff within the games, always turn out to be the scariest ones. Because it's something we'll fear more when we play the games after reading them. At least in my opinion. The creepypastas that just take a Pokemon, mutilate them and give an in-depth description of how the Pokemon looks and make the creepypastas all about those, just don't scare me at all. I mean, it's just a desperate attempt, and doesn't make it feel like it could actually happen. Stories like "Come, Follow Me" made me so afraid of stepping into Route 1, even in my Leaf Green version, because what if. The final event of the story wasn't realistic in any way, but I still hated that one step for so long :(

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Speaking of creepy sources, anyone know whats up with the random camper off to the side in Black, The Lady that doesn't want to be bothered. This is my first time encountering her in a playthrough on Black and she's....odd. There's the guy just staring at her camper, its off in a random corner with no special item or anything and when you speak to her she just says "..." like Red did on MT Silver. Then the guy just walks away after you speak to him and this is left untouched......

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Speaking of creepy sources, anyone know whats up with the random camper off to the side in Black, The Lady that doesn't want to be bothered. This is my first time encountering her in a playthrough on Black and she's....odd. There's the guy just staring at her camper, its off in a random corner with no special item or anything and when you speak to her she just says "..." like Red did on MT Silver. Then the guy just walks away after you speak to him and this is left untouched......

Her? She is part of the Zoroark Event. If you got the shiny legendary beasts trio from that one event, you were supposed to take it there and go up to that lady.She would transform into a Zoroark. In BW2, that whole area looks completely different because, supposedly, that Zoroark was using its illusions to change the appearance of that area. There's another guy there who explains it, and then unexpectedly transforms into a Zoroark and runs away.

I agree with you about Red. He's probably the most creepy, mysterious thing in all of Pokemon, just for the simple fact that the Red character used to be a player character, something you played the game through, and now he's been reduced to a silent boy on top of the mountain, waiting forever for you to challenge him. People who have belonged to this club for a while will know about me and my weird fascination with NPC's, and by far Red is one of the most interesting and easily creepy NPC's out there. It's like...after you stopped playing that 1st Gen game, he lost his...spirit or whatever, and he's jealous of Gold/Lyra because they have that "spirit" now, and that's why he kills Gold in Lost Silver...Jeez! I'm going to have to write that!

But, seriously, some of the best creepypastas I've ever read are about Red. Funny how a character with absolutely nothing to say can become the most fangirled-after character in Pokemon, within or without creepypastas.

Do you guys want to have another creepypasta contest? I'd be happy to host one.

Zayphora

Years
HEY!!!! WAKE UP!!!!! DON'T YOU LIKE ME?!?!? *random pokemon* WANTS TO BE WITH YOU FoReV3R!!!! *more cliche crap* lol yeah, the club died again... NEW TOPIC!!!!

What do you think of Come Follow Me?

Zayphora

Years
Okay. I know I should accept that this club is dead, but I want to see if anyone will post if I bring it back.

Why do you think that the Pokemon Creepypasta niche is despised so much by the other Creepypasta fandoms? Like, people are always saying on dA that they hate Pokepasta.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Hey, sorry, I really should be more active in all the clubs i'm in. Y:

I think part of the trouble is that alot of people think pokemon is for kids, but it may well be lack of originality as well.
That one you wrote a while back for the contest was one of the best i've found for some time.
Sadly most of the ones I find get rather generic after reading so many, and that might be why Pokepastas are kinda hated. :s

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Name: Midnight-Umbreon

Pick a pokemon from the list: Celibi

What's your favorite Pokemon creepy topic?: Ummm, I like quite a lot, but I think Easter Egg Snow on Mt Silver is EPIC! And the video for it was awesome! (Even if the messed up Pikachu scared the hell out of me!)

Do you have a favorite character from a Pokemon Creepypasta?: I dunno, I like the pokemon from the story I said above ^^ there is I dunno something which is so morbid it's cool.... And Red from that story, you know he is freezing to death AND STILL SAYS NOTHING!!!

Topic answer/input:
I agree with Rococo I think people hate pokepasta cause its all the same! You will get a good one, then the rest is the same. I went to GameStop and got a ok gameboy game and what do you know it turned out to be haunted. WHAT A SUPRISE!!

Zayphora

Years
Oh hey, welcome! Nice to have a new member after all this time. I seriously thought the club was gonna die for a second. Looks like we pulled a Rory and WE'RE BACK PEEPS!!!

I agree with both of you. It seems like the majority of pasta is about lame stories of finding a haunted cartridge or a vengeful childhood partner. In addition, the Pokepasta genre has gained the reputation of being all the same because all the really successful ones follow mainly the same format. Lost Silver, Creepy Black, Strangled Red...they all have the same framework, but fairly different topics. It stands that it's quite difficult to write a pasta on this framework not only because it's so common, but because it doesn't give you much to begin with. There's a reason that creepy black, lost silver, etc. are so well known- they stood out from the mass of unoriginal pasta. It takes a lot to get your work out there. If anyone is here still that remembers my pasta contest entry, then you'll recall that it was fairly well written, but not the most original and probably wouldn't have held its own out on the real Internet.

We see a lot of examples of cool, well-formulated pastas that don't get attention. Loss of Purpose, for instance, is really nicely written, and yet has very little fan support. N's Rage was a phenomenal pasta, but is extremely obscure. Same with the whole Kcalb thing. That originated as a prank 4youknowwhat post, and actually made it fairly far, mainly because it was featured in the webcomic Black Adventures, and could have made it farther if it got more publicity. Unfortunately, because when you think of Pokepasta, you think of Lost Silver and the other famous ones, that's all that gets fanservice and the rest, however good, gets forgotten.

And that's my rant. Which made very little sense. :P

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
Speaking of back from the dead... I'M BAAAAACK! (Zayphora was that a DW reference?)

I just realized something: Have we ever talked about Tarnished Silver? I had a revival of creepypasta cravings and stumbled upon this one some time last year. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet... Anyways here's a link:
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Tarnished_Silver

This is quite honestly one of the eeriest creepypastas I've ever read (I seriously hope I haven't already talked about this). It takes a lot of inspiration from Ben Drowned, but it's so much scarier and a little more ridiculous than the Majora's Mask creepypasta classic. No video though, which is okay. Tarnished Silver follows a different format than anything other classic pokemon pasta I've seen, although I'm sure there's something like this one somewhere (*cough cough tarnished gold cough*). Sure the haunted cartridge is a little overplayed these days, but still... I mean, I've heard this one called a classic before and it is interesting, and was followed up by a sequel which I forgot the name to and really don't mind because it was the same story pretty much.

Also, one more thing: I realize that the club is only kinda active, so i thought new creepypasta written by yours truly might liven things up... I've had a few ideas but nothing good, so does anyone have any suggestions?

Zayphora

Years
Yeah. I read Tarnished Silver a while ago, and I must admit it seems a lot like Ben Drowned. And I like Ben Drowned better. It had a cooler plot. Plus, the Tarnished Silver storyline just seemed a bit too ridiculous for my liking. But it was certainly interesting. Not really memorable.

I'd love it if people would post their creepypastas here! That sounds like a great idea to liven this place up.

And yes it was~

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't really say it was that good :/ It was written like it took place in the anime world, but used the game mechanics for Pokemon and battles and such, and that kinda annoyed me through the entire creepypasta. There were also a few things, which... didn't really make sense. An example being this:

Crystal decided, digging into the memories of all the pokémon books she had ever read, that this pokémon had been bred, and for some reason sent to Johto. But something struck her – they couldn't breed over in Kanto. Breeding was something new that had been introduced in her generation

I don't see how Kanto can be an entire generation behind, unless you somehow travel back in time, everytime you cross the border to Kanto, and that still wouldn't explain why that'd mean they wouldn't be able to breed Pokemon xD This combined with the game mechanics, like how they aren't able to see when attacks miss, aside from the fact that they didn't damage the opponent, kinda made some parts a bit annoying to read. It was also super easy to predict what would happen, once she'd encountered the Ghost Pokemon, which is one thing I also don't like that much about creepypastas. It's more entertaining if its a surprise, which is why I'd enjoy a poorly written creepypasta with elements of surprise, rather than a predictable creepypasta.

But all in all, it wasn't a bad creepypasta, I've just seen better :p

Nottingham

We are on the cruise!
Years
Name: Louis Baskerville
Pick a pokemon from the list: Gengar!
What's your favorite Pokemon creepy topic?: Lost Silver is the only main one I really know, so I guess that one.
Do you have a favorite character from a Pokemon Creepypasta?: None really, but I'm hoping for some exposure to cool pastas or other stories here and maybe then I'll have one.

I just checked out that Tarnished Silver story. I liked it, though it seemed just a tad too unbelievable.

Zayphora

Years
Sorry for not updating for a while, I got busy.

Anyway. New topic.

Why do you think the concept of "being replaced" is very common in Pokemon creepypastas? Because its not very common in other games where you can delete the save file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back