• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Manga/Comics Random Chit-Chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well, I want to find a site that has them all. I've already read some, maybe all that the volumes cover but I think I've forgotten most already. I'll keep searching and let you know if I find them :>

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
Haha I can't spoil it for you. You have to read it yourself. I am going to start reading the B&W saga soon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Haha okay, I will.

By the way, I've read some more of Electric Tale of Pikachu and I must say that I kind of love the way they handle pokémon training and licenses there. Makes more sense than both PokéSpe and the anime, and the games arguably.

Basically, in EToP, you have to take a half-day course and then a test. And if you pass, you'll be given a license. Having a license doesn't mean you're trying to become a professional trainer, you need to have a license even to have a pokémon as a pet!

If a trainer wishes to attempt to become a pro though, it's like attempting to become a pro at some other sport. You'll be allowed a leave from school (kids actually go to real school!) for a while, and if you manage to gain some success over that time, your leave can be extended. Otherwise you'll have to go back to school and your pokémon training career might never pick up speed again. Apparently only a few people every year become professional trainers (probably meaning they manage to beat some gyms) and only those who have beaten all the gyms become pokémon masters and are allowed into the large League tournament.

ALSO - real animals exist and pokémon are considered one species with countless subspecies. Yeah, this incarnation of the pokémon world definitely makes the most sense so far. Despite PokéSpe's awesomeness in plot and other ways ^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'm also reading EToP. I have read half of volume 1. I own all four VIZ volumes (which are much better than the magazine editions, btw). I even managed to find them all at fair prices (volume 3 is usually sold for $30 and volume 4 is usually sold for $75). I got them for $12 and $8.
You should also try reading Phantom Thief Pokémon 7. It's one of my favourites. Too bad that they didn't release chapter 13-24 in English.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I read the first chapter of Phantom Thief Pokémon 7. I liked it, I remember :) But I'm not sure why I didn't keep reading. Needless to say, there is a lot of nice material to go through on a boring summer's day! Now I wish I had a tablet instead of a laptop that gets overheated in sunlight.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
There's still the uncomfortable subject of copyright and yada yada. But the last moderator here linked to scanlations so apparently it should be alright by PC's standards?

The scan policy has received a massive update. In the interest of encouraging as many people to read the manga as possible, the rules for scans have been lightened. Linking to them within the section is now allowed! However, do not directly host them here, by uploading them to this forum or by hotlinking many pages in a row. Hotlinking to a page here or there to make a point is within the rules, just not 3+ pages at once. Note that this rule is currently in a probation period with this section, and will be modified or taken away if it's abused.
Yeah, we're still in that probation period, aren't we ;D

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah. I just wish that they would have thought of this sooner, like in 2008 when this place was still saveable and the Pokémon manga pros were still around.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Heh, roam the internet and fetch them!

We should take away the "/Comics" from the subforum name... Why was it added? Are there more official (look how I called them official now :D ) comics that aren't mangas?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
We should take away the "/Comics" from the subforum name... Why was it added? Are there more official (look how I called them official now :D ) comics that aren't mangas?

Agreed.
There is Pikachu Meets the Press. I have it in my bookshelf, by the way. It isn't very well-known or popular. Fun fact: It was made in America and not Japan.
There are also 4Komas and 2Komas, but those aren't very popular either. They are basically 4 panel strips (4Koma) and 2 panel strips (2Koma) of gag comics. But I think that you can call 4Komas and 2Komas both comics and manga.

Then there's animanga, but that's neither comics or manga. It's just screenshots from the Pokémon movies / anime episodes, edited with speech bubbles. It's lazy, an insult to hardworking mangakas and just stupid (seriously, who buys edited sceenshots of a movie / episode when they can watch the actual movie / episode). Animanga needs to be killed with fire!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hahha honestly I think I've actually read an animanga of the episodes where Ash catches Haunter and then battles Sabrina. I have no idea where that is now but I know that I used to have it.

But yeah, all of that can fall under "manga" if you squint. Even if you disagree ;)

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
Oh I am loving the Black and White saga so far. The combination of the two protagonists are so great!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
It certainly seems they make up a good due, despite me feeling so far that they aren't very unique. But then again, maybe I just haven't read enough! I like the plot twist with-
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Emerald_Challeng_4ae83b243df55.jpg

That's one really crappy promo pic *da-dum-tss*

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
That is... Kind of... Inappropriate if it is what you imply it is but idek ._.

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
It certainly seems they make up a good due, despite me feeling so far that they aren't very unique. But then again, maybe I just haven't read enough! I like the plot twist with-
Spoiler:
I just went ahead and finished reading most of Black and White up to the final 8 battle in the Pokemon League. Then accidentally read the start of Black 2 and White 2. Darn shouldn't have done that because I spoiled myself of what happened in the game since i haven't played B2W2.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oh, there is a BW2 manga as well? Amazing.

In any case, head over to the List & Chit-Chat thread and check out all the info on pokémon manga that Manga Reader X has assembled!

I'm thinking of retiring this thread and have the list being the discussion thread instead. If people find it interesting, that is.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
What, BW2 manga is about the rival? I would love it if the rival turned out to be a protagonist :D Like Pearl got a big role in D/P/P.

Okay, let's retire this thread. Head over to the list and continue chit-chatting and discussing the manga there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back