• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Year's Resolutions

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
This is my first year of actully making one: Finish writing Talli Tales. Most years I don't bother as I think they are silly cause they are broken too easy.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I do think I have one, but would rather not have it floating all over a public forum. If anyone wants to know, though, they're welcome to PM me. (:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I try to do a resolution every year mainly for the heck of it although they never work out too well. I usually have more than one so I'm not just focused on one complicated goal. This year I hope to get a job, get into a college and possibly lose some weight. Lets see how well that works out.

Guy

just a guy
Years
As of now, I no longer believe in resolutions. I set them, and sometimes I fulfill them while at most times I end up starting and giving up. It's just a bunch of hoo-ey. If you want to do something, then do it. Why, wait? Know what you want, and go for it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I've learned to only take on a resolution when you've experienced the revelation in which inspires it. The turning of a year doesn't change my desires.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The start of a new year isn't really that significant to me so I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I guess I may as well try eh? I'll go with working hard at uni and such since that's something both achievable and very helpful n.n

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I tend to make some new year's resolutions, but honestly...I tend to slack off towards them and...forget them during the middle of the year. And then when the next new year comes around I'll be like "I made these resolutions, but I slacked off, maybe I'll do those next time" rinse and repeat. xD

This year, however, I...don't have any? Unless you count getting a good grade point average next semester as a resolution. Or become a better gamer. I don't know, I don't have one tbh!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My resolution is to make this year better than last year. Or not be as pathetic this upcoming year. or something. idk. I don't remember the last time I actually thought of a New Year's Resolution.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I make simple resolutions. Mid-way, I usually either stop worrying too much about it or I forget about the resolution. The only year I can recall where I deeply desired to fulfill my resolution, to get over a mixture of things, toxic thoughts, I wrote it down and burned it. That's that...

Hello, 2013. I'll attempt to exercise more, again. \o/

Years
I don't make resolutions in reality cos they never work, but on PC I do plan to greet more newbies and contribute in more places.

Sir Codin

Finish reading the entirety of Lord of the Rings.

Other than that, continue to not molest/kill anyone. Being doing that one for more than 21 years now.

Years
I haven't done new year's resolutions since I was a child. I'm very bad about keeping them past, like, a week. So I don't bother anymore.

I really should resolve to be less lazy this year, buuuuuuut I doubt that will happen. :(

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've never been a big believer in resolutions before because as everybody's said, nobody ever sticks to them. I was driving around today and I saw a whole bunch of overweight people walking and I had a small chuckle to myself that they were no doubt trying to fulfil their resolution to lose weight. Don't mistake that for me making fun of overweight people - I used to be one myself and if they want to do something to help themselves, then that's fantastic and the best of luck to them. I just don't think that making it a new year's resolution is the best way to go about it because if they really wanted it badly enough, they wouldn't need for it to be the beginning of a new year to galvanise them to do something to help themselves.

But this year, in spite of myself, I've made one. But I've sort of cheated the system by making it something that doesn't need to be measured. I haven't resolved to lose weight or exercise more or get a better job or anything like that... what I've resolved to do is live.

I've never really lived before. I've sat in this chair pretty much between work shifts and outings with my friends ever since I graduated high school and my life has been in a state of perpetual suspension for the last four years. But now I've found people who can and are willing to help me to live.

So essentially my resolution for this year is to wipe out the previous four. The guy I'm moving out with this year is 24 and has the life experience of a 24 year old. I'm 22 and I have the life experience of a 16 year old. So by the end of this year I want to have done so much stuff that it will be as though the previous four years I've wasted never existed.

By the end of the year, I will be 23 years old and I will have the life experience of a 23 year old. This is my promise to myself.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
I am actually happy with the way things are going for me at the moment in terms of real life. I guess one habit I could cut down on is my compulsive desire to buy all the Pokemon merchandise I see on eBay.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't really have a New Year's resolution because I would forget about them and not follow them at all.

Back