• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Of The Month – December 2009 [Voting]

Map of the Month

• →goon

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • DrFuji

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Otter

Votes: 42 56.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I voted for Otter.

I WOULD have voted for Goon, except for one thing:

There's no snow on top of the buildings. I find it hard to believe that there'd be zero snow on top of buildings if the trees are covered with such a thick blanket :P

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I know this is a feeble argument, but I voted for goon. I know Tiles make the maps, but if there are no snow on the roof of houses, it doesn't change the layout too much, and this contest isn't solely on tiles, but layout as well. So, I voted for goon, as his layout is good, and... Well, I like it.

Years
Actually, Myzou, I shovel the snow off of my roof. So do my neighbors, so your argument is null about the roof thing. Plus, the tiles shouldn't make or break your vote. The layout, playability, and general styling should also affect your decision. Now, I'm not trying to lecture you or convince you to change your vote, so please do not try to take it that way.

That said, I voted for Goon's map. He demonstrated the best balance of all the points I mentioned above.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
I vote for →goon's map because the tiles and the city's layout complement each other perfectly.

Not to mention the tiles themselves are just beautiful to look at.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
I vote for Otter.
The map is well mapped and I do not see any error in the map.
So this is the best map of these three.

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2014
Goon's map is definitely the most pleasing to the eye. The others look very crowded and are a bit harder to look at. Goon's may be the most simple, but ultimately is the most attractive and looks like a town that would actually be in a game.

Years
Otter's map by miles! Great placement, houses, ect... And, the mountain's shape is really nice! So Otter I'm voting for you!! :D
And people, remember Goon's map only looks good because of the tiles, so you can't vote for him just because of that. It's the map itself that has to look good, not the tiles. ;)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
And people, remember Goon's map only looks good because of the tiles, so you can't vote for him just because of that. It's the map itself that has to look good, not the tiles. ;)

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. While the tiles compliment the snowy feeling nicely, the map itself is superb as well. I, personally, really like the layout of houses. The general concept behind the map makes it feel like a real Nintendo map. Though I could argue that the houses may be placed a little too far apart, you can't say that the map itself isn't of excellent quality.

Years
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. While the tiles compliment the snowy feeling nicely, the map itself is superb as well. I, personally, really like the layout of houses. The general concept behind the map makes it feel like a real Nintendo map. Though I could argue that the houses may be placed a little too far apart, you can't say that the map itself isn't of excellent quality.
It's good, but it's not better than Otter's map, as proven by the number of votes.;) :P

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
It's good, but it's not better than Otter's map, as proven by the number of votes.;) :P

I know. I voted for Otter. I'm just saying that you can't claim that →goon's map isn't a very high quality map. If you like Otter's map, that's perfectly fine. Just don't go around making false claims about its opposition to sway voters.

Years
I know. I voted for Otter. I'm just saying that you can't claim that →goon's map isn't a very high quality map. If you like Otter's map, that's perfectly fine. Just don't go around making false claims about its opposition to sway voters.
Okay. But all I was just trying to say is that they should vote on the mapping not the tiles, because that's why it's called "map of the month". Clearly it should be about the mapping not the tiles, right?
Anyway, I guess my comment did sound a bit sway. :\

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
Years
Clearly it should be about the mapping not the tiles, right?
I definitely agree with you on the fact that my map is only that good because of the tiles and the mapping itself is a little mediocre to say the least. But seeing as this is a themed map of the month contest, you really do have to weigh the tiles in quite a bit. Tiles can really help to convey the theme more so then others.

Otter's map does it the best anyways.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
*Sigh* There's nothing mediocre about that map at all. The only reason people think that is because the tiles are so good, so they are either looking for an excuse to downplay the map, or are just assuming that there's no way the map could look good with other tiles.

And tiles are as much a part of a map as any other, and should be taken into account, especially if the mapper made the tiles.

Last edited:

GAKEON

Artist
Years
I voted for Otter's map. It looks like he did the most work and took the most time to make it nice.

All maps are nice though, it was very hard to choose just one map to vote for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back