• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_emem041809

That is very strange. All of those events me, Tajaros, and another tester played through and they worked fine. Did you patch it to a New Fire Red Rom & not the same one everytime there was an update? If you did And started your save game over, it should've worked. I don't know what's the problem...Well I will be adding an extended update to the main thread that fixes the Victini Problem for sure this time. If the full victini event doesn't happen for you, I made it where you can still talk to the old guy and he'll give you Victini no matter what after his speech. Also, for those who have traveled pass that city and can't go back, I've created an opening to go back from Mystic Falls to Aroma Town through Falls Route. The jump ledges aren't blocking it off anymore. Do not download the ips in the main post Right Now, I will have a better posted one in a couple of hours.

EDIT: Okay, so all events Before the frozen dungeon and kyurem's den(other then the victini and 1 of the events on the ship. Which I fixed in the rom on the main post already) are not working? Okay, Tajaros will get on changing it up right away. Should be fixed by the end of the night. These events not working is very fustrating as it's stopping me from progressing further into completing the full game. But we'll get it done!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013

DRG won't bother using your sprites, she already used mine... :)

Just a question. Are you guys going to add custom sprites or will you only use the recolors? The current situation makes the game look highly unprofessional.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Just a question. Are you guys going to add custom sprites or will you only use the recolors? The current situation makes the game look highly unprofessional.

In BETA 2 we'll almost have all the sprites done from scratch, for now we're just Improvising... :)

That why i offered the pokemon sprites look good tho
She got the Trainer Sprites from me... :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
When the characters reach the 2nd Region, they're all gonna have new custom attire for their OWs and trainer sprites. It will still look like them, just with new clothing. The OWs will have to stay the way they are for the current rom due to me not knowing of the Jpan engine before I started the hack and thus severly limiting my pallete colors. The finale of the first region(Beta2) is in production and I can assure you it will be even better then the first 1st beta. The events for the next town(Numassity City) have already been finalized and the remaining gym leaders are all set up.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
@DRG
Yes, I always patched it in the new FR rom everytime there was an update. As a matter of fact, I restarted my game from the start when beta1.5 was released. I'm a bit excited when I went through Entei event because it worked accordingly. But from Aroma town onwards all important event didn't work except in volair forest. Anyways, the beta2 seems to be more exciting. Good luck.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I'm only saying this bc I spent the past 2 days playing the hack & just entered the cave for the Entei event, so I already know you guys said re start the hack, but do I have to since I didn't get tat far for the new patch?

... can one of you guys tell me if all the events are now working in the updated patch bc I don't want to restart again if they aren't.

Thou thanks for the updated patch.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
I have a small question...why forest dont have proper entrances ? i mean it looks like a gate from fr/lg but there is no building like fr/lg...it is....weird
Also what's new on the updated patch ? is it worth to start over ? I'm playing beta 1.5
Furthermore why that station you receive prof oak's parcel is in a cave ?

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I'm only saying this bc I spent the past 2 days playing the hack & just entered the cave for the Entei event, so I already know you guys said re start the hack, but do I have to since I didn't get tat far for the new patch?

... can one of you guys tell me if all the events are now working in the updated patch bc I don't want to restart again if they aren't.

Thou thanks for the updated patch.

Don't download the patch yet I'll be releasing a patch with 100% all evnts working... :)

I have a small question...why forest dont have proper entrances ? i mean it looks like a gate from fr/lg but there is no building like fr/lg...it is....weird
Also what's new on the updated patch ? is it worth to start over ? I'm playing beta 1.5
Furthermore why that station you receive prof oak's parcel is in a cave ?

About the doors in Twist woodlands, it's because we don't have good tiles yet...

A more greater patch will be released in an hour, and yes it's worth restarting because there's a new area... :)

It's because Mainland cave is a cave that connects you to another Region, but in that Region you can only access the Station... :)

EDIT: Ok, here's the patch with all events working... :)
Try restarting so you guys can play it properly... :)

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks man gona restart this later & see how far I can get. Thanks for fixing the events. Will let you guys know if anything else is buggy.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2012
Playing the newest update and so far everything is working perfectly! I am a bit concered about how much harder the game got after the entei event though my pokemon were no match for either pete or dray, so I had to grind for a long time can you add some good grinding spots, so that leveling up to continue the story doesn't take as long? I have a request for a pokemon in Dark rising v2 Golett it was one of my favorite of the new pokemon

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey everyone, the patch Tajaros just put out with ALL of the events working is now up on the main post of the thread. Now, I can finally put 80% focus into finishing the second half of this rom & 20% into the 2nd rom. Now that the 2nd rom will have ALOT more OW palletes, I can easily fully customize every sprite in the hack. So with that said, if any OW spriters who are interested in having their work shown in a full-scale hack, please PM me. I'm very interested in new OW sprites for the hero & heroine Oren and Orena. So if anyone has walking/running sprites that you believe look similar to the hero & heroine of this hack, and want them in a hack, PM me. The 2nd rom "Pokemon Dark Rising 2" will be a straight Continuation from where the 1st left off. It's already in early stages of production and the beginning has already been throught out and practice scripted. In the meantime, enjoy the error-free Beta 1! ^.^

@_Nixon1

Golett will be in beta2 before the 6th gym leader inside the Temple Desert. Along with Trapinch and other ground types like Baltoy, sandile, etc.

Last edited:
Years
I downloaded it in the night before the new patch came out, I played abit and went to sleep, now I'm here in the morning I wanted to check this thread again and I see a new patch came out so I wanted to save my game to patch but when I did a major bug appeared and I was like looooooooool, What a coinsedence.

I like the starters and the story-line is quite interesting even though I only had made it to the forest :X
strange that I didn't notice this hack earlier it seems to be a while out there.

EDIT:When I wanted to save I accedentely pressed the trainer card which made it freeze and its still not fixed yet :C

Last edited:
Years
a question thats maybe stupid but will Poliwrath have Drizzle or is it really only Politoed only?
and is the lab to revive fossils in this beta?
and Physical/Special split?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2014
Great Hack

I played through a bit of the game, and it's really beyond great. But I'd tone down the difficulty. It took me almost half an hour to beat the first battle. It's tolerable for now, but you should look into making it easier.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Sorry about the difficulty in the game. I haven't gotten that "balance" yet. I want it to be extremely hard but not impossible. The lab to revieve the new fossils is in the 3rd city. The physical special spilt will be in the 2nd rom not this one. And yes Poliwrath will have drizzle as well. All of the evolutions keep the same ability you caught it with.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Sorry about the difficulty in the game. I haven't gotten that "balance" yet. I want it to be extremely hard but not impossible. The lab to revieve the new fossils is in the 3rd city. The physical special spilt will be in the 2nd rom not this one. And yes Poliwrath will have drizzle as well. All of the evolutions keep the same ability you caught it with.

Have you tried playing the game as you're making it? That's how I keep a perfect balance. There are some parts of DR where you need to grind a lot to be able to beat a trainer. I suggest adding more trainers to cushion the problem.

Back