• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Sorts of Genres of Video Games are you Best at?

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I'm generally better at shooters and rpg games than other genres. Even though I prefer playing RPGs, I find myself playing lots of shooters occasionally.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Puzzle/Adventure games are where my game's at. Zelda's been a big part of my gaming life, and throughout my childhood, together with Mario, it's been pretty much exclusive to my gaming life as well. I've always loved games that have followed the same formula as Zelda. Games where you're on some kinda of quest, and have to make your way through dungeons/temples/etc., beating bosses and solving puzzles through it all, with a bit of platforming and rpg elements thrown into it.

I'm not bad at platformng games, and I do enjoy Mario games and such, but I just don't really find them as entertaining, and when it comes to RPG's, I'm horrible at micro-managing my characters and such, and I am just not good at spending my money well enough. And all the grinding hfskhfsdkhfsdf. Pokemon is one of the few games that I don't get that feeling from, mostly because it doesn't follow the typical RPG formula, and the games aren't really that challenging, though still remains fun. But yeah, that's why I enjoy both being genres being pretty minimal in most Zelda games. And that's why I enjoy games like them.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
I love the RPG stuff,and Puzzle games as well.I also like MMO's and some FPS,such as TF2

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Shooters are where it's at for me, but I'll also pick up & play anything that'll let me kill anything, human or otherwise.

Rango

Show Me The Money Wide Load!
Years
I play many 'bro' games, like Fifa and Call of Duty, so I guess I'm better at them than any other genre.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
RPGs are what I grew up playing, so that's my specialty genre. I'm also pretty good at platform games, which came about with years of playing Mario and Mega Man.

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
Strategy games, easily. I'm pretty good at RPG games too, although I can't stand grinding.

TY

Im the best at RTS games, its also the genre i grew up with with games like Red Alert and Tiberian Sun.

Im also pretty decent at fifa and fps games

Years
I tend to excel in FPS, RPG and Sports games. I guess the main reason being is that I have been playing these genres primarily ever since I started gaming and haven't lost interest in any of them. Obviously, for different games it requires getting used to, but (especially with FPS') with familiarity in the genre I get to grips with games fairly quickly.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Majority of the games I play are RPGS (no MMOs!) and I don't know exactly how to tell if I'm good at them or not. I've finished a lot and left a lot of them unfinished; depends on the game itself, really.

I enjoy fighting games, but I'm absolutely dreadful at them. Can never get the grip on any of the technical fighting games series out there. I'm good at the SSB games, but many people don't consider it a "real" fighting anyways. :laugh:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm good at RPGs, and that's really it. I'm okay at platformers and some adventure games, but I'm no good at FPS games. Which, I really wish I was, cause there are some good games in the genre I'd love to try, but I can't coordinate myself with the controls to save my life haha. :( So I'll just stick to RPGs...that's what I'm best at.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I used to play primarily first and third person shooters, though now play fantasy RPGs and shooter RPGs exclusively. Though I can be good at pretty much any game I pick up. Anything from Pokemon to Mario to Rainbow6 to Darksouls lol

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I find myself to be quite proficient at RPG, FPS, strategy and puzzle games. I'm absolutely hopeless at sport-related games (I've given FIFA a spin before and I loathed it), and can also play adventure games to some extent. I find myself to be pretty well-rounded, aside from that gaping hole...

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
Im very good at RPG,FPS,strategy and puzzle games, shooting games and racing games.Im also good at sport related games but i rarely play them because they are boooring.(Mario slam basketball is exception)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Shooters, Platformers and racing, usually. I'm always playing either Battlefield 3, Sonic Generations or Need for Speed: Most Wanted these days - I used to have GTA IV, but lost it..I'm also a fan of games that require a lot of exploration, which Generations has a little bit of, in the forms of alternate routes.

Back