• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Fresh Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
I like the new moss rock (the one in the ocean), it looks great ;)
I love how you've made the sandy island-paths, the way they are designed allows them to take on unique shapes. The new trees looks simply amazing, nicely textured ect.
However I don't like your new pokeball OW thing, it doesn't look realistic enough but it's colors suit the tiles around it.

Years
Yeah, the PokéBall wasn't made for this set. I just recolored it so I would have something. I'm working on making a proper one.

Well, I really wanted to revamp the old Valencia Island map I made a long time ago, so I did. Here it is. And the new tiles aren't available to use. I'm not entirely sure with what I want to do with them yet. I didn't put a watermark or anything on them because it looks like crap.

New_Valencia_Island_by_TheDeadHeroAlistair.png

Everything else stated above is still being worked on. I know, I used that water tile, but the new one isn't really acceptable at this point (meaning it's incomplete).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Oh man! excellent work as always alistair, Im really liking it alot. takes me back to mapping the orange islands when I was doing infinite rainbow lol and now Malachite. Nice!

Years
Glad you like it.

Here is another revamped map from the days of old. This one is called PalmBreeze Beach. Eventually, I plan on adding it to the huge map posted above.

PalmBreeze_Beach_by_TheDeadHeroAlistair.png

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Glad you like it.

Here is another revamped map from the days of old. This one is called PalmBreeze Beach. Eventually, I plan on adding it to the huge map posted above.

PalmBreeze_Beach_by_TheDeadHeroAlistair.png

Man your style has surely progressed so much! I saw at first how revamped you did this and may I say what I thought was beautiful at first has now become even more beautiful!

¡Bravo!, my friend

Esmas

General
Years
Wow, I really LOVE those new trees (the last two you posted). The only thing is, in the last tree you posted, it looks sort of unnatural the way both sides of the tree are the same. I mean, usually trees look fine that way, but for that type of tree and for a tile that size, I think it'd be better if you changed that up. Or maybe just shorten that one leaf that goes wavy.

And I think I remember that map. I remember when most of your tiles used FireRed as a base...but all or mostly from scratch is much better. Great job! 8D

Oh, and there's an error on the last map where the gym's shadow is :]

Scarex

Beautyfool.
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2020
Hi!

As the island is quite your style, I als gutan houses, pallettes and mountain tiles and sand, I do not like is the way to the sea or the palm trees, is like that do not match those pallettes ...

Finally, I wish you luck with your tiles! ^^

Greetz!

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I like the new rock tile much better than the old one. also great job on spriting the pc, and mart, but they look better suited for a city though..

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Yea but then he would surely need to make some, I don't think default FR OWs would go with these better tiles :D

I like the new rock tile much better than the old one. also great job on spriting the pc, and mart, but they look better suited for a city though..

But the new water rock tiles is dark and doesn't go with the mountains :(

Well anyways I like the new wood-fence tiles they look great :)

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for the comments, guys. I am working on a multitude of things at the moment that should fix most of your concerns (especially the overworld one ;)).

Also, I've been working on some indoor tiles, and here is a small preview. I'm still working on them a bit, and these aren't all the ones I have done.

A_small_room____by_TheDeadHeroAlistair.png

I also decided to revamp an older piece I called "My house if it were in Pokémon" on deviantArt. I made a few fixes to make it closer to my house in real life.

My_house_in_Pokemon_revamp_by_TheDeadHeroAlistair.png

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
very nice house you have there :o (pun XD)

I like the swimming pool :)

Ven

Tyrian
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2011
Oh wow, I really love the house, the shadow in the pool is a very nice touch.
Something I found a bit odd was that the edges of pool were very linear, I think it would fit in the with environment more if you rounded them out more.
Then again I'm not that great of a spriter.

Years
Actually, I'm going to do that right now. It's a big image, so I'm putting it in spoilers.

Spoiler:

As you can see, I added all my recent tiles that I made public.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Every thing looks nice bro, some new things I havent seen. Keep it up!

Years
Great tiles Alistair, as always. The buildings to me seem to be some of the best I have ever seen . Also I have a question - How do you get such intricate tiles on a tileset?

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Making sure this thread doesn't die, cause there is a fair amount of excellent pixel work here. I like the new tile sets. I think that there are too many leaves on the palm tree, if you look at a real palm tree there aren't too many. I like the new style of shading underneath the trees the emphasize the shadow. The style of the tiles in general are absolutely amazing, it resembles the real world very nicely, especially those buildings and barrels. Great work, hopefully we'll get to see more from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back