• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
"The remote is playing another game. You need to have exactly the same game file as well" ... Help? :D

Grimn

Gri(m)nning :p
Years
To shiny lizard (sorry, I don't know how to reply on here yet),
I got it working on my device, I thought I'd probably help you too.
Do you have the exact same file on both devices? Say, for example I had Fire Red on my first device, And on my second device, I had Leaf Green. If I wanted to trade to LG using FR, I would have to have LG as well on my first device, so that I can locate the file for the system to trade to LG, and vice versa.

Basically, just have both LG and FR on BOTH devices so that you can locate them both (FR and LG) on both systems.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Does a B2/W2 hack exist that's specifically made for players using an emulator? Not having Wi-Fi is keeping me from evolving several team members or entering the Dream World.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I play B2/W2 using the latest DeSmuME for Windows; however, my computer (a 6-year-old desktop) is not equipped for Wi-Fi. Is there a way, other than hacking the code, for me to go online with DeSmuME? If not, are there any working Gen-5 fanhacks designed for a solo player?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I play B2/W2 using the latest DeSmuME for Windows; however, my computer (a 6-year-old desktop) is not equipped for Wi-Fi. Is there a way, other than hacking the code, for me to go online with DeSmuME? If not, are there any working Gen-5 fanhacks designed for a solo player?
Your PC doesn't need Wi-Fi. You need Ethernet so you are okay...
Check the YT tutorials.

Grimn

Gri(m)nning :p
Years
I started a discussion in the Wifi Trading Corner about this emulator and how people can start Gen III trading through this app, but unfortunately, not too many people use android to play pokemon, and the it was denied posting because I was technically advertising :(

Last edited:

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
So I've tried a few tutorials and installed the apps I need to hook up DeSmuME. The developers won't emulate or support wi-fi in the current version (their words!); and version 0.9.7 repeatedly crashed or gave connection errors (error 50xxx, dlfferent digits each time). Please let me know...

1. Are there any Gen-Fivers here who've worked out a way to go online with the current version of DeSmuME (0.9.9)?
  2. Is it against forum rules to ask for help finding "spoofed" GTS alternatives? When I heard that a lot of the Global Link parts of B2/W2 would be unusable later this year, I hoped there would still be a fanmade way to link up, trade. and/or get into the Entralink.

Back