• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real-Life Encounters?

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
So, is there anyone on here who has met up with one of their PC/Online friends? I was just curious if there's any stories like that.

I have a pretty weird one (Not PC Related). So there was actually a friend of mine in a community that I talked to a lot and I finally asked him where he lives. He said Jacksonville, Florida. And I was like "awmgnowaime2" And it turned out we lived in the same big neighborhood, so we ended up becoming great friends before he moved to California. :/ We still talk but it's not very frequent.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I have met the Brit crowd (Kura, Fabio, Drakow, Mr. Cat Dog) and I'm planning on visiting the UK again next year.

I also happen to be working just a few metres away from the place where a former PC member (zel) used to study back when he was around here XD Sadly I have no ways of contacting him anymore.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
I haven't met anyone from PC yet, but I've met some people from other forums I was on.

It's a pretty cool thing. I didn't even expect it. It was a Firefly forum and I was at my college, just walking around and I saw someone on the site in the lounge. We realized who we were and had a little "HOLY CRAP" moment, it was great. We're still good friends.

If anyone's in Minnesota, gimme a call. The Mall of America is a huge destination for people when they visit.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Met Pinkie-Dawn last year. We both live in the same county and go to the same college. Because of our conflicting school schedules, we haven't had the chance to meet again since last Spring semester.

Me and [supporter]quilzel[/supporter] had plans on actually meeting sometime before, but I need to settle down on my hectic life before I plan out a trip to Kansas to meet him. xD It'll eventually happen. I know it :D

Years
That Brendino guy is from around here... :]

I've never met anyone else from PC, though. The closest encounter I've had to meeting someone from online, was joining a lobby on Call of Duty, and meeting (and becoming good friends with) a dude who was just a few cities over. That was pretty surreal.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Nope but i hope i meet Musaddiq someday as he is my best friend. And i really want to meet IndianCharizard# also. it will be totally awesome.

Years
No, but it would be great if someone here lives in the Philippines (Zeffy perhaps). If someone here lives in the same area as I am, I would like to meet him or her. It would be better in school! :)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I had a plan to meet Forever later this month but I'm not sure if that's still happening because I haven't heard from her, and I was planning to fly to New Zealand some time in the middle of the year and see [supporter]Harlequin[/supporter] but I haven't been able to get him to speak to me since the third of December so I don't know if that's happening now either and I'm actually a little worried about him.

Years
I haven't met anyone from PC in real life yet, but there could be a chance that eventually I could meet BinaryPeaches in a few months since we live about an hour away from each other.

Also, although I'm not sure if this is going to happen or not since it's still six months away, but I could possibly be meeting up with Aura Blackquill as well (along with BinaryPeaches) when MetroCon comes to Tampa.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Oh I also live about 15-20 minutes away from bobandbill and have told him to come see me at work but he still has not!

Years
Nope. Most of the people I talk to from PC are from different countries entirely and the few I have spoken to from Australia are from different parts of the country. I don't like travel much so I doubt I will ever meet anyone else from around here - but then again I don't give out much information online for the sake of being safe so perhaps there are people nearby me who just don't know it haha.

@007 - If I'm ever in Sydney I'll let you know haha

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
Met Pinkie-Dawn last year. We both live in the same county and go to the same college. Because of our conflicting school schedules, we haven't had the chance to meet again since last Spring semester.

Me and [supporter]quilzel[/supporter] had plans on actually meeting sometime before, but I need to settle down on my hectic life before I plan out a trip to Kansas to meet him. xD It'll eventually happen. I know it :D

Currently I reside in kansas, where in kansas you heading?

Poki

Banned
Years
Nah, my parents won't lemme travel alone, and I live in Bulgaria. I doubt my friends would come here to meet me. {XD}

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I haven't met anyone from PC in real life yet. This is mainly cause there's isn't really any Missouri or St.Louis members here. While there may be some, I don't know any to well. I also have no way of driving where to meet them and I'm sure my dad wouldn't be willing to especially if it's really far. I'm not gonna meet up with anyone I know from online if I don't know them well.

Years
I haven't seen anybody from Maryland or at least somewhat adjacent. I have been noticing couple people from Virginia but they're all live down the south if I recall.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I've never met someone from PC, nor the internet in general. Me and Ace live in the same state, but haven't been able to connect yet due to busy schedules. Hopefully we can soon though. I'd love to meet some of you guys though, it would be fun!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I believe [supporter]Towerizer[/supporter] lives in San Diego, which is about 2 hours from where I live, maybe the next time I plan on going back (and if both of our schedules are free), we could possibly meet. :D

I know other SoCal peeps that live near me as well (about 2-3 hours away tops).

Currently I reside in kansas, where in kansas you heading?

Kansas City!

Back