• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
AKA: Arcana Famiglia!

arcanafamiglia1.jpg

Today I was recommended to watch this anime by a friend in light of the upcoming MCM expo since the characters are easy to dress as, and I must say it was utterly fantastic. Originally I was only planning to watch an episode or two to get a feel of what the character was like incase anyone asked about him, but instead I ended up watching the whole series in one night. Very few anime make me do that, so this one was certainly something special. Basically it's about a 'family' of people that have connections to arcana cards which allow them to use special arcana powers and the exploits they get up to, mainly focussing on a group of three of the younger members and their activities. Not going to lie, I didn't sell that well at all, so here's a description from Wikipedia instead!

There's an organization, called Arcana Famiglia, which protect the island from outside threats and danger. The Famiglia is made up of people who have made contracts with the Arcana cards, and have received special abilities due to this. On his birthday celebration, the "Papa" has decided it's time for him to retire and give up his seat to a new male who has control over an Arcana. To decide who in the "family" gets this seat, he calls for a tournament, called Arcana Duello, between Arcana-users. To the winner, he promises the "Papa" seat, a wish of the winner's choice... And his daughter's hand in marriage. Refusing to accept this, Felicitá decides to fight to choose her own path, with her friends Liberta and Nova fighting for her freedom by her side.
So has anyone watched this yet? It's fairly new - only released September this year, but it's certainly worth watching if you haven't already. But for those of you that have, what did you think of it? Do you think Fel would've chosen? Did you fall in love with Luca? ♥

Years
*Totally didn't start watching this because Ozzy told me too. That's definitely NOT what happened.

I really liked this anime. Every character had a really interesting past, and more depth than I expected them to have (like Luca, Debito, Mondo, Jolly and Liberta)

Also, Liberta's powers are INTENSE. And Felicita's powers are too, especially when she was just a little kid. I just really like the overall dynamic of the show, I like all the characters. And all the character have such interesting relationships with each other! Mama and Nova, Liberta and Dante, Jolly and Luca...

Luca's awesome by the way. I feel so bad for him half the time, though, as he's the brunt of a joke half the time. XD
Spoiler:

I also really liked the episode with the lost cat. Nova and Liberta were hilarious in that one! XD
Spoiler:

As for Felicita, no I don't think she could of chosen. The other one would be so crushed. Or, if she had had to choose, she would've gone with whoever won the Arcana Duella.

tumblr_m6vhgeFn7c1qzd219o9_250.gif
This made me laugh. XD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Luca's awesome by the way. I feel so bad for him half the time, though, as he's the brunt of a joke half the time. XD
Spoiler:

I also really liked the episode with the lost cat. Nova and Liberta were hilarious in that one! XD
Spoiler:

As for Felicita, no I don't think she could of chosen. The other one would be so crushed. Or, if she had had to choose, she would've gone with whoever won the Arcana Duella.

tumblr_m6vhgeFn7c1qzd219o9_250.gif
This made me laugh. XD
I think this one moment summarizes what you said perfectly:

ArcanaFamigliaEp209.png

I do love Luca, he's absolutely amazing! He's so funny, such a good house keeper, and his Arcana powers are awesome. I have no idea what the Temperance card actually lets him do, but the powers that I've seen so far from him are really cool, especially in the Arcana Duella. I was really upset with how quickly he went out though, he was looking so badass in his first fight and then he just gets knocked out so fast without it even showing a battle, that was a huge disappointment. I was waiting to see a good battle with him through the whole course of the show :(

Back