• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
OW: Loading... :cer_boogie:

Battle Sprite:
gallery_11654_380_791.png
Edited.

Other: Enigma Bounty Hunter.

Tell me how he looks. I think he needs more work, but what do you guys think?

First off, Get Well Soon Mac. Sorry, no Hallmark card....

Second, nice contest idea Vannah. I see that NOBODY has an entry besides West, though....
Anyway, on to the critiquing:

I like everything except the gun. It looks flat to me o_O.
I would give it a little more shading. Also, reposition it some. I'd like to see how well it would look slung over his shoulder. That is more Poke Bounty Hunter to me, you know, having the gun there as a last resort.

P.S. I would enter, but I couldn't sprite if my life depended on it, but that's why I'm the Stat Guy.

Last edited:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Nice contest idea Vannah. I see that NOBODY has an entry besides West, though....
Anyway, on to the critiquing:

I like everything exxcept the gun. It looks flat to me o_O.
I would give it a little more shading. Also, reposition it some. I'd like to see how well it would look slung over his shoulder. That is more Poke Bounty Hunter to me, you know, having the gun there as a last resort.

P.S. I would enter, but I couldn't sprite if my life depended on it, but that's why I'm the Stat Guy.

Okay, I'll edit him some. How does his gun look now?

gallery_11654_380_321.png

Now that I look at it, he seems to be shooting himself in the head. XD Sorry. I guess I better turn his gun upside down?

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
Okay, I'll edit him some. How does his gun look now?

gallery_11654_380_321.png

Now that I look at it, he seems to be shooting himself in the head. XD Sorry. I guess I better turn his gun upside down?

You could just angle it to where the barrel is pointing at his right shoulder at a 45 degree angle.
BTW, making a gun opinting directly down is a bad idea, too, because the rifle could discharge into his leg or foot while he is walking. While this would be a great way to get outta the military back in the 50s, it is not a good idea for someone who gets paid to chase someone.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
You could just angle it to where the barrel is pointing at his right shoulder at a 45 degree angle.
BTW, making a gun opinting directly down is a bad idea, too, because the rifle could discharge into his leg or foot while he is walking. While this would be a great way to get outta the military back in the 50s, it is not a good idea for someone who gets paid to chase someone.

Well, um, I already made it that way. XD But, I'll be right back. I have an idea.

:cer_boogie:
Loading. Please wait...

Loading complete.

Okay, I tried to change the guns position, but it would either look weird or I would have to make another gun, and it didn't look right, etc. So, here's this one...

gallery_11654_380_300.png

Last edited:

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013

Well, I can't what I was wanting to show you, but I guess I could describe it.

First off, the shoulder guard area needs to be a bit less blocky.

I.e.:

*____________/ **\ \ /*****
*_______ /***____**

Something like that.

Then, you need the wood on the barrel extended some, so it isn't just a metal tube.

I.e.:

****************************/
****************\____________/
___________________/*********
Hopefully, however, it won't look this bad XDDD

Last edited:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Well, I can't what I was wanting to show you, but I guess I could describe it.

First off, the shoulder guard area needs to be a bit less blocky.

I.e.:

*____________/ **\ \ /*****
*_______ /***____**

Something like that.

Then, you need the wood on the barrel extended some, so it isn't just a metal tube.

I.e.:

****************************/
****************\____________/
___________________/*********
Hopefully, however, it won't look this bad XDDD

Okay, I think I get it. Let me see what I can do...

Loading. Please wait...

Loading complete.

Okay, here he is again.

Battle Sprite:
gallery_11654_380_271.png

Last edited:

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
Okay, I think I get it. Let me see what I can do...

Loading. Please wait...​

Loading complete.​

Okay, here he is again.​

Battle Sprite:

Much better. It doesn't look as much like a reversed ax. (Wooden blade and metal handle, instead of vice-versa;))

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
Hey I am the best sprite collecter there is. I am not known but I basically have every good sprites out there ( not much splices) and even some of your sprites but I am making a game (not having much luck) and a couple websites for my business (different topic) but I would like to help you if tell me what you need.
I have no idea what you are talking about, but from what I can see you are going to use our sprites in a game of yours? I don't recall giving you permission to do that...? I'm afraid I can't accept your help, due to the fact that some of the sprites may be stolen if you are saving out sprites on your computer and using them for your game :\
==========================================================
Well, after a temperature of between 39 and 42, spontaneous blood noses, and extreme lethargy, I seem to be on the mend ^^ We should be back in business asap people :D We may have a major problem though... A certain error with the Fakemon inserting may have resulted in our rom being destroyed :\ Worse case scenario, we re-insert all the Fakemon, maps, and scripts, and move on from there, but this will delay us. Best case scenario, I'm mistaken ^^ Lets hope this all works out :D

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
I have no idea what you are talking about, but from what I can see you are going to use our sprites in a game of yours? I don't recall giving you permission to do that...? I'm afraid I can't accept your help, due to the fact that some of the sprites may be stolen if you are saving out sprites on your computer and using them for your game :\
Well, after a temperature of between 39 and 42, spontaneous blood noses, and extreme lethargy, I seem to be on the mend ^^ We should be back in business asap people :D We may have a major problem though... A certain error with the Fakemon inserting may have resulted in our rom being destroyed :\ Worse case scenario, we re-insert all the Fakemon, maps, and scripts, and move on from there, but this will delay us. Best case scenario, I'm mistaken ^^ Lets hope this all works out :D

I'm glad to hear you're getting better Mac. = D But I'm sorry to hear the ROM might have been destroyed. Hopefully we'll be able to fix everything.

And, here is the full entry for my latest... Entry.

Name: Westrmistr

OW:
gallery_11654_380_815.png
They almost look like Sir Aaron. O.o

Battle Sprite:

Other: Penniless Halo Player Enigma Bounty Hunter.

Next up are the Rangers. Let's see if those sprites can beat Me, Myself, and I. = D

Last edited:

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
I'm glad to hear you're getting better Mac. = D But I'm sorry to hear the ROM might have been destroyed. Hopefully we'll be able to fix everything.

And, here is the full entry for my latest... Entry.

OW:
gallery_11654_380_815.png
They almost looks like Sir Aaron. O.o

Battle Sprite:

Other: Penniless Halo Player Enigma Bounty Hunter.

Next up are the Rangers. Let's see if those sprites can beat Me, Myself, and I. = D

Not bad. I see you didn't even attempt the rifle on the OW. XD

Also, don't be dissing the broke Halo fan. I happen to fit that description. ANYWAY, keep the Sprites coming. I'll be happy to critique and make pretty pictures for ya. And in the spirit of West: :cer_boogie:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Not bad. I see you didn't even attempt the rifle on the OW. XD

Also, don't be dissing the broke Halo fan. I happen to fit that description. ANYWAY, keep the Sprites coming. I'll be happy to critique and make pretty pictures for ya. And in the spirit of West: :cer_boogie:

I knew someone was going to say that. I'm going for the Rangers next. Just gotta come up with something first...

Loading. Please wait...

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years

ermahemuserbarcoughcough

glad you're feeling a bit better mac.

don't people on the team have copies of the rom? i'm not sure how team hacks are made since it's different people. i'm not familiar with the process. however i do think that if someone has a copy of the rom or something then that should fix the problem, right?

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
ermahemuserbarcoughcough

glad you're feeling a bit better mac.

don't people on the team have copies of the rom? i'm not sure how team hacks are made since it's different people. i'm not familiar with the process. however i do think that if someone has a copy of the rom or something then that should fix the problem, right?

That could work. Just don't ask me, I only have one of the earlier ROMs that doesn't have any Fakemon in it. (Mac?) If Mac had sent me a copy of the recent ROM, then I would send it to 'em ASAP. But it's probably fine, and just a false alarm. At least, I hope it is.

Okay, I have made the Battle Sprite for the Rangers. But I have a question. Does there have to be both boy and girl Rangers? I'm just asking. So...

OW: :cer_boogie: Loading...

Battle Sprite:
gallery_11654_380_152.png

Other: Park Ranger.

I'll get to the OWs as soon as I can.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
It looks awesomebut cute, you made a balance I'll be rooting good luck hope you finish :D
Uhh, thanks?
Sorry guys, if this is off topic, please don't delete it mods :P Its fairly important: None of the other team members have a copy of the rom, due to the fact that the Fakemon were inserted before a lot of the scripts were inserted. Trouble is, the person who inserted knew there was going to be an issue with the Fakemon, but never told me, so we carried on like normal, only to find out a few days ago that the backsprites were weirdly inserted :\ I'm not sure if its easy or even possible to fix it, but if we do have to restart, it'll only take us about a week at the most, I imagine. Now, I'm really really in need of someone new to insert Fakemon, someone that can do front and backsprites. I really, really need someone ^^
Also, if I go all of a sudden and don't post on the thread or reply to PM's, it probably means I'm in a hospital with no internet connection :P I had a severe blood nose this afternoon, and we had to get the ambulance out for me. I lost a lot of blood and the bleed took an hour to stop, and it actually feels like its starting again as I'm typing this... If I don't get on for a while, thats where I'll be, ok? ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back