• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OOC: Atlantis Arising [M]

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
That is totally fine. I do that all the time. d;

Wow, so many potential people in a short amount of time! This'll really expand Atlantis!

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Honestly, I don't see why this RP isn't flooded and I mean FLOODED with SUs, I mean it looks really promising and is one of the only non-pokemon related RPs at the moment that seem to have any potential :3

Anyways I'll have the SU up soon, but it's quite late where I am so expect a WIP, Im going to give quite a bit of effort for this one :P

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Here's my small WIP. I'll hopefully finish it today, though it will likely be tomorrow when it's done.

Question though, I'm really stuck on what power I should have, my choices being Nothingness Manipulation and Energy Manipulation. I'll probably make the ability information for them both but I kinda want to see what you guys think as well.

Edit: Hmm, thinking about changing his personality but I think it's going good so far.

Edit 2: Got a little history done, but not much.

Edit 3: Done, feel like the power is a bit over the top but cons may help me keep it...

Main Information:

Name: Brian Sheppard
Height: 6'3" / 187.96 cm
Weight: 180 lbs / 81.64 kg

Appearance:

Atlantean Tattoo: Brian's tattoo is by far an intricate design. The design mainly consists of circles and arrow-like shapes. The tattoo is based primarily on his back, although arrows do branch off the already protruding ones down the side of his arms.

Physical: Brian is an average man with an average build. He isn't a small person and no one would classify him as a big mini tank. He is a fit man with muscle and visible abs from working out and running. His nearly straight white teeth gives him a warm smile, allowing people to feel safe when with him. His eyes are a light reddish-mahogany color. His skin is a bit pale, putting contrast with his short, messy dirty blonde colored hair. When nervous, happy, or on occasion, extremely angry or sad, his hands will glow from an icy blue to a yellowish white light (Powers will explain).

Clothing: Clothing-wise, Brian dresses, well, normal. He wears Carbon Jeans, some with the pre-made holes and some without. He usually has shirts made by Raw State as each is original, handmade, and just plain beautiful and amazing. In the colder months, he will wear either his nice leather jacket or a hoodie. His shoes are basic Adidas black running shoes. He does have a single necklace that he got from his mother that has a rune meaning fearless. Though he usually doesn't wear gloves, he does have a pair of black fingerless ones.

Personality:
Brian is one of those people who'll stand up for something, whether it be rights or just to protect a loved one. He'll be the one that would speak out and give his thoughts on something.Some people may call him brave in the way he jumps into things though others call him an idiot because of it. Although people call him an idiot, he is actually quite intelligent as well as artistic. Nonetheless, he is quite a nice person that people can easily befriend.

When nothing is happening, Brian tends to tap his fingers or anything he is able to use into a beat. This habit kinda started back when he was learning to play the drums and it stuck with him ever since.He is also one of those young adults who try and be the most charming as he can be. This tends to show him as one of the romantic sort, as in, he always tends to have some good manners when hitting on the occasional girl.

Some also call Brian adventurous when they meet him due to the way he acts about doing something exciting as well as other things. He also learned some extra stuff, such as parkour, fencing, and other languages, French and Japanese for example.

His bravery (stupidity) may be a great strength yet it is Brian's biggest downfall as well. Always standing up for something or wanting to save someone nearly always puts him in a position in danger.

History:

Brian was born in a small Iowan town to a young, single women just out of high school. Without the means to take care of the baby boy, he was put up for adoption only a couple days after leaving the hospital. Afterwards, he was raised in a local orphanage for only a couple weeks before being adopted by Scott and Sarah Sheppard, a pair of local doctors who would give him a good life.

For three years, his life sprouted and it was shown that he was a smart kid, already able to talk like he was in kindergarten being a small example. A short time later, Sarah gave birth to a set of twins that would join the family. At that moment, Brian's life became that of a role model for his two new siblings, Jake and Mariah. With that being said, he got close to his brother and sister through the good and bad times, teaching them the little he knew as they became older.

At the age of eight, the family started to travel across the world for the sole purpose that his parents spread their medical knowledge. Their first stop was the US capital of Washington, D.C. where they were able to prepare for everything they could in order for their next stop, a Japanese tutor for example. With that, they left for Shibuya.

The first few months in Japan were a tad hard. The twins, being five, were learning the language rather slow with Brian not learning at the best speed either. Because of it, they were forced to get a home-school teacher for a short while. While being home-schooled however, Brian wasn't able to make as many friends as he could and again became closer Jake and Mariah.

After finishing the language tutoring, he was able to attend the local school for a short time before moving to France a year later. The process seemed to continue with each stop and happened again and again while they went to Cairo, Paris, London, and Rio de Janeiro.

The repeated moves made Brian learn tons of stuff like the languages (obviously), fencing, and martial arts, as well as all of the usual subjects but there were also sons to the moves. Brian changed sometimes and becameadifferent person. At twelve, he tried to be a rock star (who doesn't) and learned to play the drums and guitar. At fifteen, he started acting like a scene kid, going as far as changing his hair style and clothes for a short time. He sometimes didn't know who he was and eventually fell to mood swings after he turned sixteen.

After the start of his swings, the family moved back to the states where they stayed in New York City. Here, Brian got the medication he need that could help him control his emotions to a certain degree, leading to the last year being pretty quiet. Without the moving, there was no need to start learning extra languages and he was able to make more friends. Yeah, it was quiet, that is until the reveal of the Atlanteans. With their reveal, so was Brian's ancestry. He was an Atlantean and soon developed his powers, finally understanding the mood swings.

Ability:

Brian's ability is one of emotion. Each individual ability able to gain power from the feelings he has. It is simply the power of Emotional Energy Manipulation. Currently, he believes that his own mood swings decided the ability for him.

The first noticeable power of relation is that of empathy. Empathy, simply put, is the power to feel another's emotions let off by their own emotional energy. By viewing these emotions, he is able to see the events that led to the emotion, ultimately seeing the targets memory. Sometimes, the thoughts of others seems to take him over when he isn't focused, influencing him to feel the way the other person does. Quite, a big con in his opinion but as long as he doesn't let himself fall to feeling he is perfectly fine.

Furthermore, by focusing his own emotional energy into that of someone else he can seem to do the same thing to them as what happens when he falls to the influence. He is able control their emotion by making it more extreme, such as happiness to joy, or by changing it completely. On occasion,this can make some people do something they wouldn't usually do while they have the same emotion. Again, there is a con. If he were to use the ability to often it could easily backfire, causing him to feel the emotion at it's extreme for awhile.

Writing Sample:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
SU Finished! Phew this was fun to make, I put alot of effort into it and I hope you guys accept me ^_^​

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Oo! Thank you!

So, this is going to be really really bare and it's not midnight here so I don't have a good excuse like Aura. XD I'll try and work on this everyday, though.

Oh and if you see any updates, feel free to give suggestions. It's probably not the final product or anything (with superpower RPs I always base the superpower heavily on the personality, I just feel it should work that way) so it'll probably change a lot anyways.

Spoiler:

BIO FINISHED! ^_^

And for anyone wondering what Jericho is singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpl5mOAXNl4&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
@The Final Watchman: Wow, was waiting for you to show up, it's been a while since Focus Shift/Monochromatic Stains, right? Anyway, your SU is looking good, a description of both abilities would be great, then I will be able to cast my verdict.

@Aura Rift: No. I'm sorry but your ability is too over powered, I'm going to have to ask you to change your ability.

@Kiklion: I can't wait to see what you come up with.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
WOW! So many people signing up all of a sudden. If you guys like, add us on Skype, and we'll have some crazy super special awesome Skype group chat. (If you get accepted, that is) If you have a Skype, PM us your screenames! We're all nice people! (Basically)

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Lol, I have a Skype too. Made it after I got my PSP but I don't have a cam for it. Would simply having the mic work?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I like chatting, but I'm so shy xD I dunno if I dare to do voice chat actually. Teheh.

Also, Skymin, regarding my last post, you can decide where the bullet hit, if you like. Or if it missed xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
But we are all so keen to hear your accent, Red!!!! d:

We had a massive group conversation like, an hour ago. :D It was cooool.

You post so quickly, Red. GEEZ.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Aah, yeah yeah :p I'll download Skype on my phone some day soon. Don't think I have it atm actually.

Haha, I like posting ;)

Back