• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How should I go about picking up cards?

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
My plan is to get a binder with some slots to distribute my cards throughout them, but which theme deck should I get or are there any starter kits?

Last edited:

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Go on ebay and look for the Plasma storm Elite trainer kit.

Dont buy theme decks.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
In case you want to play the tcg, it has a lot of the stuff you need, plus 7 packs. And the box is pretty useful. I use it for cards i put in top loaders.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
If you live near any city in the US, look on Craigslist. TONS of people sell their collections cheap, including starter decks they may have gotten. If not, just Google the newest starter kits and buy them on Amazon or eBay.

Years
There is one deck I would recommend buying, though, and that is the Black & White Trainer Kit, simply to either learn or relearn how to play, as some rules may have changed since the last time you played. After that, buy whatever you want, but I personally would generally avoid theme decks unless you need the energy from them.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I agree that the Elite Trainer Box is a great starting point. Of course, you can always just start buying booster packs like I did. But if you want to play you'll need energy cards. I have had some difficulty finding them outside of theme decks and the Elite Trainer Box. I'm pretty sure if you can find a table top game store they should have some energy cards for whatever you need.

Back