• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
LaZ is wrong then when a 54 Salamence can't 1 shot a 38 quagsire with dragon claw something is wrong
I'm tempted to just start again and get a modest team

Evidence, since you choose not to believe one of the creators of the hack.
Spoiler:

All of these, as you can plainly see, are set to Physical. The code reads them as Physical, and the calculations run on them are the Physical ones. There is the potential that something in your particular setup is bugged out, but the moves, as you can plainly see, are PHYSICAL. :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I don't believe I've seen many better uses for the words "So there" than this. There's your proof they're physical attacks. As they should be.

Cyclone

Years
So why does amnesia make it weaker then...... I'm not saying this to troll... I think this hack is great at the start it was a real challenge I only beat the 1st gym Cauz I cursed pidgeotto and spammed potions maybe amnesia is bugged? But I'm not the only one saying it.. if anything I would like it to be harder in not even in victory road and I have 4 lvl 50+ I sweep all gyms since morty

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
So why does amnesia make it weaker then...... I'm not saying this to troll... I think this hack is great at the start it was a real challenge I only beat the 1st gym Cauz I cursed pidgeotto and spammed potions maybe amnesia is bugged? But I'm not the only one saying it.. if anything I would like it to be harder in not even in victory road and I have 4 lvl 50+ I sweep all gyms since morty

Some of the background code is known to be buggy, remind me what Amnesia actually does?

As to the other complaint, it's true of just about any Pokémon game, after a certain point, the game becomes incredibly easy. It's very hard to make it more challenging without making it cheap, unfortunately.

Years
Some of the background code is known to be buggy, remind me what Amnesia actually does?

As to the other complaint, it's true of just about any Pokémon game, after a certain point, the game becomes incredibly easy. It's very hard to make it more challenging without making it cheap, unfortunately.
As far as I know, Amnesia raises users Sp. def

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
yeah thats why i raged i have an adamant dragon team and my physical moves do special dmg ;/

What version of LC are you using? There was a bug in 3.1 where what you're saying happened, but it should've been fixed.

The whole Physical/Special split is to be overhauled in the near future in any case, so hopefully that will help fix this and the other bugs known to exist, but it's not something we plan to do at the drop of a hat, because it needs to be made obvious to you guys, the players. It's likely something we will do before the release of RC1, potentially later this year.

My point, in any case, wasn't that you were wrong about a potential bug, it was that you were wrong about the moves being categorised wrongly, which they are not. I hope you understand where I'm coming from with that statement. :)

Years
Yeah I get you and it's 3.1 I'm playing I don't want to raise my adamant extremespeed dratini only to find its bugged and weak as a feebas....

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Yeah I get you and it's 3.1 I'm playing I don't want to raise my adamant extremespeed dratini only to find its bugged and weak as a feebas....

Yeah, that was a bug which existed in 3.1's release, but was fixed shortly after said release. 3.2 doesn't have that bug, and also has cleaned up many of the other bugs in the game.

Years
Yeah please do fix bug of that move tutor in Golden Rod city too. Many people have complained about him too.. you know he does not teaches you Dragon Claw any more if you beat the Elites already...

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Then patch new ROM with 3.2 patch and use your 3.1 save that has the Adamant Dragons you are so proud of.

You can't do this, the game won't let you, it deletes the game save as soon as you load it up. Don't attempt to get round it using savestates, because you will find everything is screwed up if you do.

He'll just have to go through the buggy 3.1, and accept that the move damage calculations aren't right, or start a brand new game on 3.2.

Years
Hello does this hack have unown dex
No my good friend I am afraid its not. No matter how many Unowns you catch the dex will show only 1

You can't do this, the game won't let you, it deletes the game save as soon as you load it up. Don't attempt to get round it using savestates, because you will find everything is screwed up if you do.

He'll just have to go through the buggy 3.1, and accept that the move damage calculations aren't right, or start a brand new game on 3.2.
I doubt that Jambo. Because I used the old save from 3.1 to play the cave of wisdom in 3.2

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Ouchie... didn't know that o.O So 3.1 and 3.2 are that different... I can't imagine that...
If he saves in any PC and goes out, everything should be changed...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Ouchie... didn't know that o.O So 3.1 and 3.2 are that different... I can't imagine that...
If he saves in any PC and goes out, everything should be changed...
I'll agree with that. I've done some fixing and mucking around to another hack and copied it in while save-stated in the PC. I change ROMs and back and head outside, and the changes take effect immediately. My only guesses are that's not 3.1 OR the single area is so vastly different. Save state in a PC then change around and see what happens.

Cyclone

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
No my good friend I am afraid its not. No matter how many Unowns you catch the dex will show only 1
Actually, we are working on an Unown Dex. I shan't say any more right now however.

I doubt that Jambo. Because I used the old save from 3.1 to play the cave of wisdom in 3.2

More fool you then. As one of the developers, I can 100% assure you that Beta 3.1 is NOT compatible with 3.2. Ignore my warnings at your own peril, and don't whine about events not working when they inevitably break, because we gave you all fair warning.

I'll agree with that. I've done some fixing and mucking around to another hack and copied it in while save-stated in the PC. I change ROMs and back and head outside, and the changes take effect immediately. My only guesses are that's not 3.1 OR the single area is so vastly different. Save state in a PC then change around and see what happens.

Cyclone

No listen to me, it's a more fundamental change than that. It's down to repointing vars/flags to a completely new memory location. If you use the in game save (which you should all be doing, because savestates can cause bugs!), the game refuses to load your save. If you go round it using savestates, don't expect help from us when it inevitably breaks!

One final time, a beta 3.1 save is in No way usable on beta 3.2. Stop asking if it is possible, and stop advising people that it is, because it is NOT

Last edited:
Back