• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which internet browser and search engine do you use?

Which internet browser are you using now?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Firefox

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Safari

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 43 66.2%

• Total voters
Years
Google Chrome on my main desktop and laptop, but I use Firefox on my server PC because I have found its performance to be better than Chrome. However, I don't use the browser on my server often and I have been a regular Chrome user since March of 2011, so it's difficult for me to back out of it as my main, everyday browser.

As for searching, I use Google. By default, you can see queries as you type in your keyword, which is something that cannot be done with Bing, and their maps are by far better than bing because they're user-edited and mistakes can be corrected by a community of people unlike bing's maps.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Most time I use firefox, because it's my best configured web browser. Alternatives I also use sometimes Opera and Chromium (Google Chrome without Google functionality).

As a searching engine duckduckgo does the trick. I'm using it in combination with Google because it allows me to search anonymously.

Scripturient

I think I've lost it.
Years
Google Chrome for now, until something better comes along. I used to be a big firefox user, but it got sluggish in my opinion. Duckduckgo is awesome, but I'm primarily a Googler. :P

Zet

Years
IE10 with Bing as my search engine. Get on my leve-

I use Chrome with Google as my default search engine. It just gives better and more accurate results than any other search engine I've used... except Ask Jeeves. I miss him.

Years
I use Google Chrome, with Google as my search engine.

Yeah, I seem to have a Google thing going on with me. Never fails for me, and it's easier for me to post images and links on PC with.

Years
Up until a few months ago, I was going with the Google/Chrome combo, too. Around November, though, I found that Firefox seemed to run a lot faster for me than Chrome did, even after I uninstalled it and re-downloaded it. Still use Google as my regular search engine, but on the odd occasion I'll use Bing, since MSN is my homepage.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I'm currently using Google Chrome as my web browser. It's got a slick design and Firefox was messing up on me so I ended up switching to Chrome and I haven't looked back since.

For search engine I use Google. I haven't had any luck using other search engines; they're just awful.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I am switching use with IE9 and Firefox. I am mainly a Google researcher

Schnider

→ Beautiful ☆
Years
This might sound a little weird but Chrome's slow as hell on my PC. So I use Firefox. Haven't had many problems with it so far and it works pretty decently as far as speed is concerned. So yeah. As for search engine, I use what most usually go with - Google.

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
I'm an Opera guy... Yay limited choices!

I usually use Google for my general queries, but other search engines for more specialized tasks.

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
I use chrome and google. First thing i did when my Granda got his new laptop was to dowload chrome and delete IE, I just said it was faster :L
I don't like Bing or Yahoo as search engines. Firefox never worked on my laptop for me so I stuck to Chrome after I switched from IE.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I used Chrome for the longist time but then it kept blue screening my pc so i had to switch to fire fox.

i would prefer chrome just for the lower cpu usage

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I use...

Internet Explorer 10 on my laptop. Funny how I keep going back to it even when I use something else for a while. It's like... I know it very well, and I know my way around almost everything with it. It's been the same since version 9. I already know its quirks (and there ain't much), and I do appreciate that the browser will run well, even on systems with very weak CPUs (due to its reliance on the GPU), under almost every circumstance.

As for the search engine, I'm very used to using Bing, after a long time of using Google. I think I'm OK with that.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I use Google Chrome for my preferred browser and Google as my only search engine. Both have been very reliable to me. I do use Mozilla Firefox occasionally though, but I find it much slower compared to Chrome.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
No Opera on the list?

Anyway, My main browser in the past was Avant but I've since switched to Opera.

Main search engine is Google.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I dropped Internet Explorer back in 2008 and switched over to FireFox. I tried Chrome for about a week or two, and found myself missing FireFox after. It's a shame, because I really do love the sleek look on Chrome, but I much prefer using FireFox.

Google over any other search engine though. Microsoft should stop trying to make Bing happen. It's not going to happen.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I use Chrome & Google! Partly because I'm very happy with both with very few complaints (other than Chrome's tendency to crash at awkward times...) but I mostly only use them because I have no idea what the alternatives are haha. They work well for me though so I'm happy!

Years
Firefox and Google here. Ever since switching to it from IE stopped my old, old desktop (one that died back in 2003 or so) from blue-screening every day, I haven't been able to switch to any other browser. Not even Chrome, it just doesn't feel right. :( FF all the way here, I'm just too used to it by this point.

As for using Google, uhh. I guess it's just force of habit really (and it's still one of the best search engines I know of so far, so that's a plus).

Back