• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Silph Co. vs Devon Corporation

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
The Silph Co. and the Devon Corporation are two companies in Kanto and Hoenn respectively that makes items for trainers. But which did you like better? Which had the batter building? Which had the better products? Where would you rather work? What else made you like one more than the other?

Discuss!

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
I for everything I love silph co. I never played RSE ( I regret it 😞), but I'm pretty sure teams magma or aqua took it over or had its own theme. Plus silph co made the PokeBall. Can't go wrong with that.

Nothing Is Real

It's all in the mind you know!
Years
Silph Co. wins for me because of all those battles earning you a tonne of experience and all of the hilarious Silph employees who are scared ****less. Also you get the Master Ball from there.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was at first going to say I liked Silph Co. more, but then I remembered the music got on my nerves, travelling it was annoying, and once you're done with the takeover and you get your Master Ball, it doesn't have much relevance anymore. At least with the Devon Corporation, they're clearly doing a lot. They can revive fossils, they give you the Pokenav, they create different sorts of Pokeballs (Repeat and Timer Balls, for example), and someone even mentioned trying to make a machine able to read Pokemon's dreams, which we ended up getting in gen V. Silph Co. gave us the Silph Scope and the Master Ball, which one might argue is better than the things Devon Corporation has, but like I said, Devon is doing a crapton of stuff and is more interesting to me.

Last edited:

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I preferred the Silph Co. over Devon. I enjoyed that one part where you had to traverse the building, battle your rival at the most inopportune time, and then battle Giovanni before obtaining the very rare master ball. The Devon Corporation, on the other hand, didn't have anything going for it besides a few conversations between some of the workers and reviving a fossil.

Years
If I remember correctly, Silph Co. was the creator of the modern-day Poke Ball, so they win hands down. Devon just seemed to improve on products/ideas that Silph Co. already made, and while there is one employee that talks about reproducing a Pokemon's dreams, I think it's more coincidence than anything rather than being directly related to the Dream World.

However, while I understand the warp tiles in Silph Co. are there to make it challenging to get through the building, they make absolutely no sense for any other purpose than a Team Rocket invasion. I can't imagine Team Rocket having the knowledge to set up a contraption like that, but then again, they would make no sense whatsoever as an actual layout design of the building.

Totodilesteel99

Lord of Awesomeness
Years
Silph. Co. As you said Brendino, there the maker of the modern Pokéball, and they are the reason why you can obtain, Dragonites, Tyranitars, Garchomps, Ampharos ETC.
They're the reason WHY YOU CAN CATCH Pokémon.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I'd say Devon Corporation because they make PokeNav and improved it, and also because they have tried to make experiments like reviving fossil and communicating with Pokemon. Besides, they also make Repeat and Timer Ball!

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Despite Silph co. being the inventors of the modern pokeball,
Devon might invent the Pokeball at a later time,
and yeah like Brendino said, they make absolutely no sense for any other purpose than a Team Rocket invasion.
Devon invented the pokenav which is very useful and the Repeat ball and Timer ball,
I have to say, the Timer Ball is pretty great.

Back