• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Life Lesson - Brought To You By PokeCommunity

Years

What have you learnt at PokeCommunity

The Internet is full of knowledgeable resources and full of knowledgeable people. The same could be said about PC, but it might be on a different knowledge base to general information.

If you have learnt anything from PC, from how Pokemon stats work, to learning how to make friends and coming out of your timid shell, let us know.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Wow, where do I begin....

First, I learned to be myself. I was very shy, very scared about what would people say about me, and the things I like besides Pokemon. Granted I was 19 with extreme shyness. So, I didn't care if I added that I still like Britney Spears or Selena Gomez or if I'm so amazing because I'm a helper. So, even if people have a slight problem about that, I'd just keep my head up and move on and not make an argument.. :)

Secondly, when I was on staff, the biggest thing I learned was leadership. Modding a forum is similar as watching over a section at a department store. I wasn't fully aware about the "leadership" until the majority of my notifications (both PMs and VMs) were actually questions...because I told them all I'd be available always for any of that. xD Also, in the past I was so scared of making decisions of my own. I mean, if I was given two choices, I'd pick the wrong one, and ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE. Being staff changed my opinion towards that. As I made my first decision on staff, I wasn't afraid to choose others that were coming my way. Thanks to that, I'm not afraid to think, as well as make any decisions irl.

Alongside that, it taught me to grow out of my nooby shell, and talk to people! In the past I couldn't really talk to anyone but 1-2 people. Today, I talk to almost half of PC lmao.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ooh I learned social interaction. Seriously, I learned how to behave online and off from PC. I started understanding people and cultures better and things like that. I don't really want to detail because it's a lot of stuff and I'm not certain about much of it, but I went from being an insane, sheltered, egotistical brat to a much more mellow and humble person. Still not the epitome of human excellence, but I'm a much better person in general than I was eight years ago.

droomph

weeb
Years
Screw therapy PC is free and it works better than that.

Just as long as you are a decent person PC works much better than any professional help you can get!

So ya you can probably guess what I learned :P

But it's helped me to talk to just...people and helped me a little better with my self-image, and I have some cool CSS and RH knowledge to boot :D

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I learned not to care quite so much what other people think of me. I was nearly too scared to move on this forum when I first joined, thinking I'd be annoying people left, right and center. Now I'm not really fussed if people don't like what I have to say.

Also I've learned a lot about memes :P

Years
One thing learned at PC was interacting with others, given I have social problems in reality so meeting all these people helped boost my social skills.

Years
PC taught me not to worry so much about what people might think of me, to be honest. Before I joined, I used to make posts and instantly regret saying something/edit the post because I thought it made me seem stupid; this happened so often to the point where it was just unhealthy. I pretty much put on a mask just so I didn't seem incompetent, but thankfully I'm long over that.

Before I got modded, I used to be scared I'd make silly or wrong decisions as a mod that would embarrass me or something, admittedly. I don't feel that way anymore and am much more confident in doing mod duties. :3 I think I'm lucky that I got modded to a section on my own, because it helped my confidence a bit since I was put into a scenario where I had to make my own decisions. Don't get me wrong, it's lovely to have a partner you can lean on when you need to, but going solo was really what I needed to work on being more confident in myself. XD;

aaalso I somewhat broke out of my shyness zone. I'm still shy, but dropping messages off on people's profiles doesn't scare me as much~

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Well, for me, I have learned lost of social skills here & hacking thanks to my previous mentor.

Techniques to make new friends too, since joining PC, my real-life friends have tremendously went up & that's a plus for me.

So, I really appreciate PC & really hope to support PC in any way I can (by 'killing' adbots, haha).

~Mid

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
The question is poignant, for the answer is 'nothing'. I wish I had more to say.

Back