• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
It took a while, but I found it! It's already been cleared by both Khawill and Yellow, so here it is! My second student!

Name: Teal Wright

Sex: Male

Dorm: Suicune

Appearance: He is a dark-skinned boy with low-cut black hair that he takes great care in keeping low. He has a confident stature, standing straight and proud. He's not tall by any accounts, though he can't be considered short. The character himself dresses like he's in uniform, he always wears a white shirt and khaki pants, his shoes are (in contrast to his other attire) usually black. He wears a teal hat bill hat whenever he is outside.

Personality: Teal can best be described as a person with nothing to lose. He is more wise than intelligent. He is calm, collective, and kind. It would be a challenge to actually bother him. Though a pokemon trainer he is tactical and fierce, though he is by no means a master, and due to the relative weakness of Linoone compared to other pokemon will often lose.. He learns certain concepts properly but it can be hard for him to not go out of his way to help with every single thing. As friendly and nice as he is, Teal prefers to be generally alone and gets nervous when people talk to him (he never shows this though), he would much rather be training and can be found helping the nurse during the day. He believes himself to be completely good and that negative emotions are evil, thus he hides them. It is likely that these emotions hes bottled up will become a burden, but for now he is in control. He doesn't tell where the town he lived in is, but he does say its near Rosepetal City, and he won't even give the school his real name. Due to his history and volunteer work, he is proficient with medical aid, and can easily identify ailments, sicknesses and give most forms of first aid, he is no replacement for a doctor though.

History: As a child he was never actually named Teal, as a matter of fact he never really had a name. His parents had abandoned him after a home birth; the couple that took him in were misguided. The parents believed they could take care of a child like that, but all it lead to was fighting between them, causing them to resent Teal and ignore him. The name they had given him was a curse in the eyes of Teal, so he named himself after his favorite color. He never liked being home so he would go out and do community service, often he would help at the pokecenter or hospital. He learned a lot from the work, and it helped him realize things that he didn't understand before. All of the suffering in those hospitals, and yet people still managed to be happy made Teal learn to forgive. He began to help more and more as time went by. Then one day team rocket came to town, they began to steal pokemon from other trainers. Nobody in the town could stop them, and they got away. This was the first time he had ever experienced anger to another person, and he began to get furious. He blamed his parents, he yelled at them in frustration, but all they did was ignore him again. After that incident he went into the forest outside town. He was told by the local professor that the pokemon were docile and tame and was given a pokeball. This is where he caught his first pokemon, Linoone. Linoone helped Teal a lot, serving as a house pet and they trained whenever Teal had the chance. After Teal received his package to go to the Academy, many people in town saw this as an opportunity to get a trainer that could reclaim their stolen Pokemon. The town couldn't afford to give much, but Teal received the TMs Dig and Protect, and he was given 10,000 pokedollars.

Pokémon:
-Species: Linoone
-Nickname: Vel (short for Velocity)
-Personality: Vel is as kind and calm as Teal. As dedicated as Vel is to Teal, she isn't a very powerful pokemon (and Teal knows this) so teal taught her a number of moves that makes it easier to avoid or otherwise mitigate damage. Vel can sometime be distracted and curios though, and has trouble not getting in to trouble. She also has a habit of stealing anything round, or shiny, often hiding it in Teal's pack getting him in trouble.
-Lvl:25
-Moves: Dig, Protect, Headbutt, Thief, Double Team

Shouldn't need any revisions, but tell me if it does.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
@WolfOfEve, That would be one intense Pokemon Game if you ask me!

@Ice, Grinding in Victory Road is what I did. At Level 45 or so you should be good to take on the Elite Four and they will Level you up abit then N and Ghetisis should be easy enough by that stage?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
You know what'd be cool? If they made the games so that there was more than just the "badge-collecting" career. Give players the option to be breeders

pokerfaceczystew.png
...No me gusta.

@IceFyr: Well, quite confident in yourself, aren't you? Regardless, you're approved...

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
I just noticed in the part of the Rules where it mentions evolution, it doesn't say how Nosepass or Magneton should evolve. Is it possibe for us to evolve these pokemon? Or not?

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
I just noticed in the part of the Rules where it mentions evolution, it doesn't say how Nosepass or Magneton should evolve. Is it possibe for us to evolve these pokemon? Or not?

I'd say it would have something to do with the Power Plant. Similar to how they could only evolve in a certain area in the other games.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Howdy all. I have reurned, yet again. Good news is that I'm back for good now. If I've still got my spot, then I'd like to pop back in. If not, please resrve me the last Suicune spot. :)

Dawn

Years
@Nideous: As I totally just pointed out in the RPD, yes you still have your spot. :P Welcome back! I was wondering when you would return. I hope thi time you'll be around for a nice long time. |P

Nideous

Years
Well, seeing as how I'm out on my own and paying for net myself I should be. And I just noticed you said that. :P It's good to be back, now I need to think of a clever way to reinsert Drake and Bri into the RP. I'm dropping Quin altogether.

Dawn

Years
@Nideous: Well look at you!~ I'm glad to hear it. It's always a crying shame when veteran RPers leave. I still miss SelenaStar constantly. It's currently Thanksgiving in the RP. I thought you should know that. Time passes slow-as-whatever in the RP. I'm still playing Valorie, whom Drake has cemented a permanent place in her thoughts and still wears that half-cape. I honestly forget what else you might have missed that you might want to know.

Nideous

Years
lol, really? x3 Well, I know how to bring Drake back. After his encounter with Val he went home to get a few things and it took him that long to get back. He also is battling again thanks to her. He might be slightly different than the defeated trainer he was last time. And thanks for telling me the RP time. I appreciate it. And SelenaStar was cool.

Dawn

Years
@Nideous: Mmhm~ I decided to integrate holidays, which due to how slow days pass required a bit of... convenience. Therefore holidays happen almost every other day or every couple of days depending on the actual timegap. I was just considering granting teachers a free 5-10 levels (Via raising the starting level) which would add onto whatever he already had (I can't remember if you put Drake's levels in the etherpad. We had the etherpad before you left right? If not, it's on the first page of the OOC and also here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/KJyhsAn91g )

I'd certainly like them to meet up sometime.

Nideous

Years
No I didn't put them in. But I've been keeping track of them myself and posting them everytime they level up. Either way, once I find my old notes I'll be back in business. And I would love them to meet up soon. x3

Dawn

Years
@Nideous: We don't post them in the OOC anymore because it caused flooding and senselessly placed the work on my shoulders to go put them in via PC's laggy post edit feature. ^^; Valorie is currently in the academy's main office with her mother and a group of other students consisting of, if I'm not mistaken, Mark (Megaman765) and Kilik. She also has WolfOfEve's character Kiyoko in her posession, PTA's only non-human main character. (A zorua)

Nideous

Years
Well, my comp lags a lot. Would you mind if I kept track of it myself, and put it in my sig or something? I don't want to add anymore on you, but I don't think I can use etherpad.

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
I would like to join but i have never done anything like this before but it seems fun, so any tips and or things I should know would be appreciated. If you want to contact me pm me as i have a hard time finding threads after I post on them.
Character
Name:Aaron Field
Nickname:Hart
Dorm:Raikou
Appearance:Average height and weight short brown hair old dirty clothes.
Personality:Shy but when in tense situations very rash, doesn't miggle often keeps to him self. He does not allow any one to touch him. His strength is being a loner but it is also his weakness. Finds most human relationships to be a waste of time, values anything he can get. Considers him self weak and constantly trains to become in his mind strong. Easily infuriated, hates to lose to those he thinks do not deserve to win.
History:He grew up in a small house with his mother and father until they made him come here so he could live in better conditions. Was brought up in poor conditions and forced to work odd jobs to help bring home money. He strives to become strong so he can one day come home and take care of his parents. His father had an electabuzz but was forced to sell it to continue to buy food. A recurring job he had was to tend a women's garden so he is good at growing berries. Often stole things he wanted or needed. When he was 10 a mysterious egg appeared on their door step, he cared for it when he had time and cared it with him where ever he went. This egg eventually hatched into a dratini.
Pokemon
Species: Dratini
Nickname:Luck
Personality:Caring, always puts Aaron before herself. Only eats berries made by Aaron.
Lvl:25
Moves:Aqua tail,dragon breath,iron tail,heal pulse
Species:Bulbasaur
Nickname:None
Personality:Listens to Aaron without question,eager to fight. Followed Aaron to the school without him noticing.
Lvl:20
Moves:Razor leaf,vine whip,stun spore,tackle

Nideous

Years
Awesome. Can't wait to rejoin. I'll post probably soon. Not sure when though. x3
any other free levels I should know about for Drake and Bri and their teams?

Equals, I appreciate that you are new, so let me just tell you that your SU needs quite a bit of work. Let me find that thread I refer all newcomers to for you, ok? It'll give you some tips on how to make it better. :) And welcome to the world of RPs. I hope you enjoy them.

Edit: I believe this is it: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287790

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@Nideous: Very well... do it how you need to. Also, look at you, stepping up to the plate? I think I'll just go ahead and say you're right and let you do your thing.

Nideous

Years
I will, no worries. And you already said I could come back. And what do you mean, say I'm right and let me do my own thing? Are you talking about Equal? I always try and guide newcomers like that. x3 Anyways... I'm confused now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
I would write more tonight, but I've had a busy week. And I'm going to my Ex-Girlfriends Formal/Prom. Let's see how this goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back