• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Region?

Which Region is your favourite?

• Total voters

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Unova for my vote. Pointless #1 reason - Roxie's band!!

Although I wanted to desperately wanted to choose Kanto just because my favorite Pokemon (Persian) is native to that region it wasn't my main reason for choosing. I was forced between Sinnoh and Unova as my main area for voting. Just finished rewatching every episode from Sinnoh and love the layout of the region (I have not played the games based on Sinnoh yet).

How come Unova as my vote? it really reminds me of real life. A few large cities (Nimbasa City and Castelia City) to wonder around and explore, I also love the large areas to explore (I just arrived at the Elite 4 in Black2), I feel like I'm only half way through the game (still lots to explore). I can battle other trainers more than once (without having to find the vs seeker in FireRe/LeafGreen), the complex of the gyms (I got lost in three gyms before finding the leader) and my pointless #1 reason for Unova - Roxie's Gym!! at least the music, I could stay in the gym for 2 hours and never get bored.

Masta_Blasta

Like a Bo$$
Years
Definitely Hoenn. Though it was rather small, I enjoyed looking through the scenery. Some towns like Pacifidlog were original and creative, I liked them. The main reason why I like Hoenn is because of how natural it felt. It feels like you're in the wilderness or something, since there weren't much bustling cities, and the biggest city is fairly rural. It would be a great place to retire! Though many new and cool regions have passed (Sinnoh, Unova etc.) Hoenn will still be my favourite. <3

Well, I like Hoenn for the same reason too. Hoenn was not only the first region I explored, but it has a cool variety of pokemon!

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I really don't know, I loved all the regions except for Johto and Kanto because these regions are relatively small in my opinion and wasn't much to do. I would have to pick Unova (with the black and white 2 update) because there are many places within this region to visit.

:t354:TG

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
I'm not gonna vote because each region has a plus and a minus imo you can agree with me if you want but this is my opinion

Kanto
+ : As the first generation region it set the bar quite high because of it though basic including some impressive locations; a Volcano, Power Station, Giant Cave, Graveyard, Bike Highway, Ocean, Abandoned Facilities
- : Though it was the first there isn't as much of a kick out of its journey as the other 4, this is mainly because there was no strategy to getting through the game, pretty much Fire, Water, Grass, Flying, Electric & Ground would get you through with not much hassle.

Johto
+ : As an introducer of the Dark and Steel types it could go where Kanto couldn't and added some "history" to pokemon. It also gets extra points for revamping the Gym leaders which so far every generation after has failed to do.

- : The structure of this region is bad I'm sorry to say but as a general rule you should visit the gyms in this order 1,2,3,4,7,5,6,8 yeh... I'm not kidding Pryce is easier to defeat than Chuck or Jasmine.

Hoenn
+ : This region is so diverse; Jungles, Giant Sea routes, Weather patterns and NASA. This is all topped by its legendary storyline which is quite impressive especially in emerald where extra locations are added to the story.

- : This region stands alone for two reasons. One its Gym Leaders lack personality or background yes I'm aware its the only region to not be in the Gen IV + storyline era but still Gen II did better. The second thing are the battles it felt like the whole game was trying to do Kanto and Johto at the same time and that just doesn't work especially considering Johto is meant to be an opposite of Kanto.

Sinnoh

+ : Sinnoh is the region of life, everything is brought together with everything from the past 3 generations, heat, cold, high grass, fog (this can be a negative), desert, water and the calm first grassy routes. It even has a huge replay-ability with multiple areas being rediscovered and expanded just for going back I mean how do you get a Gible in D/P you obtain 6 Gym badges, then head back to Eterna City and have a pokemon with the HM for cut and strength and head down the Bike Path, cross the undercover area and find the secret entrance.

- : Like Hoenn it tried to have everything from the previous generations plus more which in some aspects it succeeded but in others it fail I'm sure that Route 210 was intended to be much more but it wasn't and since there are other examples it loses itself in trying to have what it didn't need

Unova

+ : This is definitely the restart of the pokemon series with a new region which didn't care about the other 4 because it is the odd region being so distant from all the others. The region itself didn't want any of that Jungle or Fire from the previous games. It was simple 3 Water Routes, 2 Desert Routes, 1 Ice Route, Some Caves each diverse in their own rights and some grass routes to connect the whole thing. This was what the series needed.

- : Unfortunately while being different it went a bit too far and lost some things the other generations had, for one the First route had a little connection right of to the left which was so asking to be found but by the time you got surf it was but a common route and forgotten for importance (minus the Larvesta Egg and Crustles). Another example was they allowed you to get to close to the post game I mean there were two bridges that close there should've been something between them like what Hoenn and Sinnoh did.

So overall this was my opinion on the Pokemon Regions

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I love Hoenn, it was my first region, and it introduced so many things, which mainly all stayed in some way proving Hoenn had good features. Time, sure G/S/C did it but FR/LG didn't keep it everything else did; Pokeblock, turning into poffins, and later that Pokeathlon juice, maybe more pokefoods I''m forgetting about xD; contests, turning into Pokeathlon, turning into musicals and eventually Pokewood (I think it's called xD)

Hoenn also had cool places to go, Mt. Pyre, Underwater, Safari Zone, etc.
To me Hoenn never gets old, and I replay it all the time with new challenges.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I am in tie of Hoenn and Unova, but I pick Unova because I've enjoyed Pokéstar Studio, Join Avenue, and White Forest there.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Wow, so many people love Hoenn. I should play it again soon just to refresh my memory...

My favorite is Unova region, and I've played in all 5 of them. Second to that is Johto, then Kanto.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Hmm...I would go with Kanto but I'm going with Hoenn since It's so tropical, and has beatiful oceans and there's one city you need to dive to get to it, that's interesting. Hoenn has more nature, great storyline...Kanto has really beautiful places, but the storyline in Kanto isn't that good. :P But the best storyline? I would go with Unova. Sinnoh was a bit strange but great storyline and Johto? Really good, you can explore Kanto...yeah.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I like all of them, but all in all, Hoenn's my favorite.

Kanto's only so-so. It's excusable, since it was the first, but it's really sort of dull. Johto's more interesting (and I assume deliberately so), but it seems a little... scattershot somehow. As if they realized that they needed some more variety in the environments, so they just sort of stuffed some variety in there in some sort of order. Hoenn has even more variety, but more to the point, it makes sense, with logical transitions from grassland to plains to desert to hills to mountains to forest to grassland... Sinnoh did the same thing, with logical transitions from one type of terrain to the next, but I just don't like the region quite as much as a whole. And Unova, much though I like the games, was, to me, a bit of a step back in that regard. The cities are pretty good, some of the terrain is very impressive and the bridges are amazing, but the region overall seems a bit scattershot. The desert, for instance, doesn't seem to be there for any reason other than that they wanted a desert somewhere and...... well... let's just stuff it in here it'll be fine.

Hoenn is just, to me, the most complete and believable of the regions. And it's the one I'd most want to live in myself.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Hoenn!!! The place was always so upbeat and cheerful. Even the evil in the region was purely to expand land/sea for pokemon which isn't too bad bar some mass destruction. The map is designed perfectly, having lots of beaches and forests. In order I'd probably go Hoenn, Unova, Johto, Sinnoh, Kanto

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I like every region, but I'll just list those which I like most to those I like least.
Hoenn > Sinnoh > Kanto > Unova = Johto

Why I love Hoenn? I have so many reasons, but I'll just list the main ones:

1. It's unique. It's effectively 50% water. The puzzles in this game are fresh.
2. It has one of the most "realistic" storylines.
3. The music. Damn. It was just so amazing.

The main reasons why I don't like Johto and Unova that much:
1. Johto feels very small. I mean really, just a few steps and a route is over? The gyms are also way underlevelled, but since you have to go to Kanto to fight another 8, I'll accept this.

2. Unova's transition is too huge. From a modern metropolis to a raging desert to a funfair city to some weird mining town and then to a weird electronic cave and beyond. It just feels very unnatural and very weird. Or maybe it's just me.

Years
I like Unova, Johto, Kanto, and Sinnoh. The only reason I can't say Hoenn is because I've only got through to Fire Type gym. I voted for Unova because it's the latest region.

Years
Unova
I didn't think this way with Black and White 1, but when the second games came out, my opinion drastically changed. There's so many things to do in this region. It's a big region too so exploration is fun to do. My play time's already 114 hours and I got the game only a week ago. And I remember I was around 50 hours and I still needed to do some after-game stuff. It's huge, maybe even moreso than HeartGold and SoulSilver.
The game also had quite possibly the best soundtrack in the franchise. Their own original tracks, as well as the remixes of previous games (the gym and champion themes, the regi battles, the lake trio). Unova's just my favorite.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
If I haven't already posted in this topic, Houen or however they've localized it (it's been years and I still never caught on).

I'm kind of glad it's winning. Beyond all the water and surfing, it was the region with the most enviromental variety as far as I know.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I love Johto, mainly because I loved gen 2, and grew attached to Johto from all of my time playing Gold. Johto does a good job balancing urban areas (like Goldenrod) with an abundance of trees, forest areas, mountains, and even some water. If I actually lived in the Pokemon world, I could picture myself wanting to retire to Johto; it seems like a pleasant place to live. Unlike some of the other regions, Johto didn't seem too urban or crowded to me, nor did it have too much water (I've never enjoyed surfing too much, so I found the abundance of water in Hoenn irritating). The towns weren't so far apart in Johto that they were painful to travel between, but they were also isolated enough to give the region a rustic feel.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
A very close call between Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh. I'm picking Sinnoh only because my favorite game is Platinum, and Sinnoh introduced some of my favorite Pokemon. Johto and Kanto are just as good in other ways.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Wow, I'm really surprised so many people chose Hoenn! It seemed to be the one that had the most complaints. Anyways, Hoenn is my favorite. ^-^ The pokémon native to the region have a lot to do with it; most of my favorites seem to come from this batch. Also, the environment is so diverse, yet the pokémon fit well with their surroundings. Imagine how beautiful it would look in a remake!

Back