• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wouldn't get too attached to the name Xavier just yet. Remember Blair and Whitlea being the names of the BW protags for the demos in the mall tours, and how they changed to Hilbert and Hilda for the final release? I know people who fell in love with Blair and Whitlea and were devastated when the names were changed. Changing names is very simple, especially in development. There's no telling if Xavier is the final name or not.
I remember that, you're right they can change it later on...guess we should wait for an official announcement.

Years
Also, I found out via Bulbapedia's "Player character" page that the female protagonist has been named Yvonne - that was one of my choices for the name as well, so yeah the first protagonists I actually got the names right off the bat!

With previous protagonists, they never used names that were my first choice, but I guess they wanted to name them after X & Y this time around. Most obvious naming theme ever I have to say.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Looks like I was right about Fletchling as well...

talonflame.png

Fletchling evolves into Talonflame the Fire/Flying type Pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Fletchling evolving into Talonflame surprised me. I thought the former would keep its Normal/Flying type upon evolving, but GameFreak sure pulled a Swablu/Altaria on me. At least it's a good Fire alternative should I not go with Fennekin. That 4x Stealth Rock weakness would seriously hurt it, though.

Also, I like Clauncher. Pistol shrimps are cool, yet dangerous. Skrelp...looks kinda weird, and looks like the ugly brother of Horsea.

As for horde encounters--oh man. This takes battling to a whole new level. You do not want to run into one of these when your Pokémon are seriously weakened. I hope that I don't have to KO all but one horde member just so I can catch it, and that I get to catch multiple horde members during the same battle. Also, I hope that Happiny/Chansey/Blissey and Audino will be in the game for that massive EXP gain.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I can't breathe. Skrelp is absolutely adorable! I hope it evolves into a powerful yet aesthetically valuable Poison-Typed pokemon! That revelation made my night! I believe Clauncher is based on a pistol shrimp, which is one of my favorite animals ever. There seems to be so much to get into and experience this time around. A new type, and so many ways to experience battling. Trainer customization... like, it's really too much. I can not wait.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Everything looks so freakin awesome..!
An interesting thing that i noticed is this pic..
30.jpg

Miltank and Tauros live together in a horde..Does this hint at the much speculated common pre-evo ?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Spoiler:

Miltank and Tauros live together in a horde..Does this hint at the much speculated common pre-evo ?

Might really be a subtle hint at it, or maybe they just appear in the same area??
Either way, I'm super excited and hyped for october!!

Can't wait to see what other "old" pokemon get the new fairy type

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Might really be a subtle hint at it, or maybe they just appear in the same area??
Either way, I'm super excited and hyped for october!!

Can't wait to see what other "old" pokemon get the new fairy type

Well, it's called a horde. So it's not just pokemons that live in the same area.

Also, the Fairy Flower pokemon is SO awesome. Probably, one of the most creative pokemon in a long time.

blue

gucci
Years
At this point in time compared to Black and White, I much prefer the look of this new Generation with it's new features, characters and Pokémon.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm not digging Furabebe the flower Pokemon. The fact it carries the flower for the rest of it's life is weird to me. Shishiko reminds me way too much like Shinx,but it's sort of cute. Kofukimushi and Kofuurai are really cute, I'm liking Vivillon as a evolution family.

Also Sana's like the most adorable thing ever.

corocoro-1.jpg

Gen VI has left a much better impression on me than Gen V did. I'm loving alot of the new Pokemon and features and graphics so far.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm not digging Furabebe the flower Pokemon. The fact it carries the flower for the rest of it's life is weird to me. Shishiko reminds me way too much like Shinx,but it's sort of cute. Kofukimushi and Kofuurai are really cute, I'm liking Vivillon as a evolution family.

Also Sana's like the most adorable thing ever.

corocoro-1.jpg

Gen VI has left a much better impression on me than Gen V did. I'm loving alot of the new Pokemon and features and graphics so far.
Well in some legends and in modern media fairies have been depicted living in flowers, so it makes some sense that it's always with it's flower as it's its home per say.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
30.jpg

I felt the same way about this, especially since the games calls it "a horde of Tauros" when Miltank is sitting right there with them. Maybe they're officially a family and like in most languages, the plural of the species is automatically stated in masculine form when a male is present.

Anyway, we've already seen 3 Fire-Typed Pokemon and they are all promising. We finally have a proper lion Pokemon! The flower fairy is cute too. I'm excited to see what other kinds of flowers it'll be seen holding and if it get and evolution. Also, I wanted another Poison-Type to be confirmed as I always get worried that my favorite type will get ignored like it does with ever new wave of Pokemon.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm hoping we'll get some more evolutions of past Pokemon as so far we only have Sylveon...

I think their main priority is to get the new Pokémon revealed that haven't been seen before and that are being introduced in this generation, in a couple of months I'm sure we will start to see the evolutions of previous generation Pokémon.

Years
I felt the same way about this, especially since the games calls it "a horde of Tauros" when Miltank is sitting right there with them. Maybe they're officially a family and like in most languages, the plural of the species is automatically stated in masculine form when a male is present.

I would guess that hordes are either specific to certain Pokemon (like swarms) and have specific unchanging configurations or that they take the name of whichever Pokemon makes up the majority of the horde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back