• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Nice order. I haven't played a usual Pokemon game for a reaaaaly long time so I figured I wanted to play the older games first.
I'm playing Yellow right now and really am enjoying it, but I don't know if I'll enjoy Kanto and johto as much after roaming through it for the third time. Soul Silver seems so good, I just don't want to ruin the experience by knowing everything in advance and by being fed up with those two regions. Bit weird, I know lol xD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
If you'd like to keep your gaming journey fresh and the least repetitive, then I'd suggest: Yellow -> RSE -> FRLG -> DPPt -> BW -> B2W2 -> HGSS. But that would be just my personal preference. I'd definitely refrain from playing through Kanto in close sequence, so perhaps leave HGSS last and have BW and B2W2 in sequence. (Plus, you'd be able to transition smoothly from the events of BW to B2W2, thus making the storyline more enjoyable.) In all honesty, it's up to you what order you'd like to play your games in. As long you have fun then that's the main thing. :)

Anyway, quick questions belong in the Fourth Gen Help Thread so I'll chuck this over there.

[ Moved ]

Agous

Solid Mercury?
Years
Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a way to check Pokemon's via Pokechecker on Pokemon Platinum. I own a 3DS.

All help appreciated,

Armando.

What do you mean by Pokechecker. The answer is probably no. But i'll look into it for you.

and @JayTheKing , i do belive that once you have encountered the entei and raikou in the burnt tower, they will always have the same nature. makes sense, cause theyre the same pokemon always on the move.

Last edited:
Years
If you'd like to keep your gaming journey fresh and the least repetitive, then I'd suggest: Yellow -> RSE -> FRLG -> DPPt -> BW -> B2W2 -> HGSS. But that would be just my personal preference. I'd definitely refrain from playing through Kanto in close sequence, so perhaps leave HGSS last and have BW and B2W2 in sequence. (Plus, you'd be able to transition smoothly from the events of BW to B2W2, thus making the storyline more enjoyable.) In all honesty, it's up to you what order you'd like to play your games in. As long you have fun then that's the main thing. :)

Anyway, quick questions belong in the Fourth Gen Help Thread so I'll chuck this over there.

[ Moved ]

Actually I am really looking forward to Soulsilver so I cant put it the last. Plus, I also want to use Pokewalker as soon as I start with new Pokemon games. Ty for advice tho :D

Why did you put the topic here tho :/
I was looking forward to few more answers, I doubt I'll get them here :L
Thanks anyway!

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Hello guys, I have to re-post my questions, because a thread was moved here...
Thus my question was covered by it. -_-

1. When are the Natures and IVs of Johto legendary trio generated? Is it during the Burnt Tower event in main plot, in similar fashion to Cresselia in Gen IV?
  2. If so, is Suicine's IV/Nature generated along with Entei and Raikou?
  3. Some legendaries like Suicune and Giratina will reappear again in Burnt Tower and Turnback Cave respectively, after you defeated them on first try. Will their IVs and Natures get re-generate during this second attempt?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hello guys, I have to re-post my questions, because a thread was moved here...
Thus my question was covered by it. -_-

1. When are the Natures and IVs of Johto legendary trio generated? Is it during the Burnt Tower event in main plot, in similar fashion to Cresselia in Gen IV?
  2. If so, is Suicine's IV/Nature generated along with Entei and Raikou?
  3. Some legendaries like Suicune and Giratina will reappear again in Burnt Tower and Turnback Cave respectively, after you defeated them on first try. Will their IVs and Natures get re-generate during this second attempt?

1. The IVs and natures of Raikou and Entei are generated as soon as they leave the Burned Tower.
2. Regarding Suicune, it doesn't go through the IV and nature generation that Raikou and Entei do; it's a stationary Pokemon in Kanto, so its IVs and nature are soft-resettable.
3. Yes, their IVs and natures will be soft-resettable at the second attempt around.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I am trying to get the Blue orb in HeartGold but Mr Fuji is always in the House Of Memories.I have beaten Red.What do i do?

If memory serves right you have to meet Mr.Pokemon the odd man(aka Mystery Egg man) that lives past Cherrygrove in his own house.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
Are my games fake?

I'm new to these forums, but I'm pretty sure you've heard this story before: I bought two games, Pokemon Diamond and Platinum, off of ebay in used condition, and I'm wondering if my games are fakes or not. I was pretty convinced they were real when I bought them, but something happened that made me think.

The two games were sold as a bundle. Only a few hours after I paid for the two games I received an email from ebay that they had removed the offer from their website, claiming it violated either their policy or someone's copyright. They told me that if I had already paid for the items, I should wait 10 days and if I still hadn't received them I could get my money back from them. Naturally, I sent the person selling them an email asking why the item was removed. The seller contacted me the next day, saying it was because ebay thought he was using the pictures of another seller.

Today I received the two games in the mail. They were sent from the UK (I live in the Netherlands) and arrived after only a few days. Awesome. I took them out and compared them to the only other 4th generation game I own, Soul Silver. A few things immediately stood out to my now sceptic mind:

• The game serial number on the front is USA, and not EUR.
  • The cartridges are dark grey, opposed to my Soul Silver cartridge which is black.
  • On the back of my Soul Silver cartridge, the Nintendo logo and the line below it (NTR-031. PAT.PEND.) are in dark black ink. On the back of Platinum and Diamond, they are a darker grey than their cartridge and appear to have been 'engraved' into the cartridge.
  • The serial numbers on the back of the Platinum and Diamond cartridges are in a darker ink and can easily be read when I tilt them. The serial number on the back of Soul Silver turns 'invisible' when I tilt the cartridge at a certain angle.
Now I'm 99% sure my Soul Silver game is legitimate: I bought it when it came out from my country's #1 online store. But I have no experience with the new Generation other than Soul Silver, and no experience at all with games from other regions. I'm wondering if they're real. Can anyone help me determine that, so perhaps I can try to get my money back if they're not?

I've added some pictures as attachments so you can see what I'm talking about.

Any help would be awesome!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I need to do a little more searching and checking when I get back home for this, but I'll go ahead and tell you that it's normal for Diamond and Platinum to be gray cartridges as opposed to black. They started making them black when HGSS came out, so that's nothing to worry about. I'll try to come back to this when I get home and help you further, unless someone beats me to it haha.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
I need to do a little more searching and checking when I get back home for this, but I'll go ahead and tell you that it's normal for Diamond and Platinum to be gray cartridges as opposed to black. They started making them black when HGSS came out, so that's nothing to worry about. I'll try to come back to this when I get home and help you further, unless someone beats me to it haha.

Thanks for the help, I really need it. I'm glad that the cartridges being grey is a good thing!

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
Years
I have an American version of Diamond and a European version of Pearl (I live in England, but I bought an imported version of Diamond from a local game shop when it first came out, Pearl I got about a year later from another game shop) I've compared my American Diamond to yours and it looks like yours are legitimate. Also, what Sydian said too, Pearl and Diamond are supposed to have grey cartridges while SS is black :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
@Sonatron: that's good to hear! Just in case, are the markings on the back of your American cartridge the same as on my Platinum cartridge?

@pokemoner2500: I haven't really played it yet. The GameFreak logo does seem to appear rather slow, and the when I press start on the title screen it goes to New Game immediately. Is that normal? I have no game other than Soul Silver to compare it to.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
@pokemoner2500: I haven't really played it yet. The GameFreak logo does seem to appear rather slow, and the when I press start on the title screen it goes to New Game immediately. Is that normal? I have no game other than Soul Silver to compare it to.
The intro is slow in DPt, especially the beginning where the GF logo appears.
If that cartridge doesn't contain any save file beforehand, it was normal that you were be directed to New Game.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
The intro is slow in DPt, especially the beginning where the GF logo appears.
If that cartridge doesn't contain any save file beforehand, it was normal that you were be directed to New Game.

Ah thanks. Everything seems to point in the direction that the games are in fact genuine. If anyone can confirm that the markings on the back are correct, then I'll be 100% convinced.

But just out of curiosity (and just to be safe): is there a way to check if the game is genuine ingame? Like getting a friend-code, or connecting to a global network? I have the original DS, if that matters.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm entirely new to this. I've played Pokémon since I was a kid, but lost interest after Gen III. I'm giving the new Pokémon a fair chance, and I would hate to start out with a fake game.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Ah thanks. Everything seems to point in the direction that the games are in fact genuine. If anyone can confirm that the markings on the back are correct, then I'll be 100% convinced.

But just out of curiosity (and just to be safe): is there a way to check if the game is genuine ingame? Like getting a friend-code, or connecting to a global network? I have the original DS, if that matters.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm entirely new to this. I've played Pokémon since I was a kid, but lost interest after Gen III. I'm giving the new Pokémon a fair chance, and I would hate to start out with a fake game.

I'm not sure about the serial codes of EUR versions, but judging by the images they all look legit to me.
From what I know of there are no bootleg DS games (or at least here in my area), though there are various flash cards like R4 across the globe.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
From what I know of there are no bootleg DS games (or at least here in my area), though there are various flash cards like R4 across the globe.

There aren't any bootleg DS games as far as I know, but I do know that fake cartridges exist. I identified one in my local GameStop a few years ago. They are way more uncommon than fake GBA games though, so I'm really banking on these games here to be legit. So far everything is checking out.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
There aren't any bootleg DS games as far as I know, but I do know that fake cartridges exist. I identified one in my local GameStop a few years ago. They are way more uncommon than fake GBA games though, so I'm really banking on these games here to be legit. So far everything is checking out.

Not true, once I bought 3 Platinums (1 for me, 2 for friends) and they were all fake. If I clicked save it would save forever. I would try saving and if it saves you should be fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back