• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Youtube Pokemon ROM Playthroughs

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
Hey guys. I started a new Youtube account where I am doing a playthrough of the Pokemon Gold version. I was planning on doing many of the other games like RBY, Crystal, Firegreen, etc... but I really don't have all that time. I was wondering if anybody else would be interested in recording a playthrough of any of the pokemon games and then could post it to the youtube account? We could probably get a bunch of plays!

I'm using Visualboy advance and it makes it very easy to record video. Shouldn't be too much of a problemo.

If you want to check out the account, it's located at http://youtube.com/profile?user=gaimr.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
Awesome. Do you know how to record stuff using emulators, or at least record gameplay footage from your TV and can get it into a digital format? If you can, just tell me a game you want to do and we can throw it up on Youtube.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
Okay well if you are really interested, just PM me about some ideas of games you could do, and then I'll PM you back the password to log into the account to post up the videos!

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I thought there was a ten minute limit for Youtube videos, but maybe that's just me...
EDIT: Oh, I see, you're just going to split it into hundreds of videos per game. Simple.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
Mhm that's the idea. Are you familiar with the Lightning Yellow version in your sig? If so, if you could do a playthrough of that it would be really cool. :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2011
i'm currently doing a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team.

I'm starting with Bulbasaur and my partner is Cyndaquil

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2011
I finished the Red Rescue Team playthrough, I'm doing pokemon leafgreen now...

DeadlySplash

TTL 1337 PR0 d00d
Years
I've saw videos over 10 minutes on Youtube, I think you can do them if you get a certain rank or something. But it would take a hell of allot of time to upload, and the videos will take up lots of memory on your computer. But I'll think about doing a playthrough anyway =]

Back