• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The poor thing. ;; Is there a Humane Society that you can take the cat to at least?

Years
Is it bad that I laugh at these commercials? I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but while I do feel bad for those animals, I find it hysterical that people would go to such lengths to protect the animals. They are just that: animals.
please dont kill me now

They piss me off actually. Any kind of charity commercial does. "Please donate just X amount a month" "it's only X amount a day" etc drive me mad. It's just the strain in their voice as they say it really infuriates me.

If I could have taken the cat I probably would have Toujy.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The poor thing. ;; Is there a Humane Society that you can take the cat to at least?

We only have one car that my mom uses from 8AM until 9PM or later so nothing would be open by that time. It went away and only came back once, but I was sitting in a place where it couldn't tell I was there so it just meowed for a minute and then left before I had even decided whether or not to do anything. XD;

I wish we could have another cat but my cat would...not get along with another kitty. :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Is it bad that I laugh at these commercials? I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but while I do feel bad for those animals, I find it hysterical that people would go to such lengths to protect the animals. They are just that: animals.
please dont kill me now

Isnt that the kind of attitude that leads to their abuse in the first place? I know their animals, but I think they deserve to be treated kindly and not abused and neglected.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Isnt that the kind of attitude that leads to their abuse in the first place? I know their animals, but I think they deserve to be treated kindly and not abused and neglected.

yEzwf.gif

When we start telling them that they should have spent their money on helping humans, we might as well start telling people that they should spend their money on helping people instead of buying a Mac or going to Japan. It makes as much sense to judge individual people for purchases when they could have donated to charity as it does to judge an organization for spending its money protecting abused animals.

But when you get into "I laugh at pictures of animals being abused", you...might need to work through some things.

Years
I mean I kind of understand where you're coming from. There are so many humans out there that need help that it seems kinda silly to spend so much time, energy, and money on animals. It could be put to better use, but I don't really think protecting animals is the worst cause out there. At least it shows that people have the capacity to care about something other than just themselves.

This, pretty much. What happened to a little empathy?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I just don't watch the adverts for things like that. I'll change the channel so that I don't have to look at the dying animals. That's not to say that I don't care about animals (anyone that knows me in real life will tell you the exact opposite), but I think the advertising money could be put to better use.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I wonder how many people donate from advertising?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I can't stand those commercials with the abused animals - I usually just turn my attention to something else just because I'm a dog lover and hate seeing the sad faces or the animals that are sick and/or dying. Breaks my heart.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Personally I just stop paying attention to them. I know it's probably bad of me but... yeah. I can't stand them at all.

Morkula said:
I'm a dog lover

Why did I not know this before?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well it's not necessarily bad to not pay attention and certainly not a bad thing if you choose not to donate your money XD Well I mean I guess it could go to a worthy cause but it's not like you're obligated to or anything.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
That is sweet to take pets in though! I would but my flat doesnt allow pets.. and I am all petted-out really.. :C I will be sad when my cat back in Canada dies.. she is 17.. and I've known her practically my whole life :c..

My lizard died a couple years ago.. sad times, too :ccc

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Someone is absolutely no more swayed to donate just because of advertising than they were before they saw a commercial/poster/billboard, etc. Someone is not educated simply off of what an advertisement has told them - these issues lie awake and visible in people's eyes all the time and an advertisement makes them no less or no more apparent or problematic than they were before said advertisements existed!

tl;dr ads are bad for the soul!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, advertisements aren't all bad. A lot of times a product is really good and no one knows about it because they don't advertise well. :(

#isthenumbersign
Years
Well you have to understand where the animal ads are coming from. It's a serious problem so if they have to mess with peoples' emotions to get the message across they will. I wouldn't say advertising companies follow the most orthodox methods, but that's business for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back