• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

La Storia della Arcana Famiglia [SU/OOC][T]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
As much as I would like to continue, I no longer have the time to RP at the moment. Please take this as my formal leave from the RP. I wish you all the best!
It's a shame to see you go, but we can't stop you haha. Hope you make good use of your time and maybe we'll see you back here sometime :) Are you planning to return at all though? If not then I'd prefer that you wrote her out as now's the perfect time for both a character to die and to find a new one as they enter the wilderness.

Oh yeah, My first story post is up guys, have fun with it!
T'was awesome dude, very good job. :)

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
It's a shame to see you go, but we can't stop you haha. Hope you make good use of your time and maybe we'll see you back here sometime :) Are you planning to return at all though? If not then I'd prefer that you wrote her out as now's the perfect time for both a character to die and to find a new one as they enter the wilderness.

If you get the other De Telarius Siblings to bunny her, I might be able to return later, it's just the internet is shocking and I still have 2 weeks of class to go. I could be back before then, but I'm not entirely sure.

Khawill

<3
Years
Would switching from the coins to the swords be allowed? My second post presents a viable story for the switch (though it does give the option of either)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Hey guys I'd just like to say some things about recent post as the GM.

Firstly: Can you PLEASE stay in one tense in the post and not jump between them? For example don't start your post in past tense then change it halfway through to present and back again to past. Doing that just makes it hard to read.

Secondly: Make sure you keep continuity in your post. If you mentioned that your character has hurt themselves, make sure that fact remains until it has a chance to heal or is healed. Lets say your character has hurt their hand, don't completely forget about that in your next posts.

Thirdly: You really need to watch your grammar and spelling, I've seen several mistakes in just one sentence alone, you really need to up your post quality a bit because that's just not acceptable in my eyes. I suggest reading over what you write before posting it, or having someone else read it for you. If this doesn't improve drastically over the next few posts, your character WILL be killed off.

@Khawill, you can not change sectors though there really isn't a point in the sectors anymore considering what has just happened.

Khawill

<3
Years
Isn't getting kicked for grammar a little harsh? Considering the time it takes to write these and the time a lot of us have, it isn't like we can edit these professionally (well I usually can't.) You also didn't specify who is committing these problems, which may or may not help the person. I assume you are talking to me about the hands thing (who else uses their hands?) and yes I forgot about the previous injury, but granted my memory is bad and that was almost a week again a fictional universe. I can barely remember things from yesterday in the real universe.

My grammar is also not so great (this one may not be referring to me, I always write in past tense and every mistake on point of view I have caught while writing) which also seems a little harsh considering I don't come here to stress myself about my lack of grammar skills.
Please do not post something so hostile and (as I read it) demanding.

Finally thanks for the answer, I suppose that whole system wouldve fallen apart by now, still the Swords would still exist as they are protectors and this is the time the island's residents need them most. (Maybe that is an opinion though)

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Considering the time it takes to write these and the time a lot of us have, it isn't like we can edit these professionally (well I usually can't.)
I'm not sure he wants a 'professional' standard, maybe something that's not quite as hard to read. Running it through a spell checker can pick up mistakes, though I always find reading it through aloud can help you pick up many errors as you have to read every word, as opposed to reading in our head in which we pass over many words when forming a sentence. Or, find a friend to read it before you post it up.

Spelling and grammar is just as important as your actual story in your post, as it is your portal to helping other members understand what youre trying to portray. Also, as a lot of other members here are foreign or have dyslexia (or some other reading disabilities) and use roleplaying to help practice these skills, using proper writing helps not only yourself, but others learning.

I assume you are talking to me about the hands thing (who else uses their hands?) and yes I forgot about the previous injury, but granted my memory is bad and that was almost a week again a fictional universe. I can barely remember things from yesterday in the real universe.
Quickly reading over your last post and others in between solves that problem. Or, if you have trouble remembering things, you could try writing down what happens to your character, physically and mentally, and revising it whenever you write a post.

Remember, don't take all this too personally. CarefulWetPaint is not attacking you directly, but critiquing your work and giving you advice on how to improve.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Remember, don't take all this too personally. CarefulWetPaint is not attacking you directly, but critiquing your work and giving you advice on how to improve.
It's a great teaching method.

Threatening people with being killed off, I mean.

Reactions: SV

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
It's a great teaching method.

Threatening people with being killed off, I mean.

Several spelling mistakes in one sentence isn't acceptable Lili. It's more just encouragement to try and improve instead of not changing at all and continuing to be lazy. I will not accept the post quality to drop that low in any roleplay I GM, and to be honest most roleplays have the rule bad grammar and spelling means youre gonna get a talking to or killed off.

Last edited:

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
@Lilizuki

Did you still want Oda to talk over things with Xoxaa? You had mentioned this was Oda's intention to occur sometime during the ball but it looks like the ball's almost over. D:

Also, if one of your tense criticisms is directed towards me, I've been concentrating on keeping the tenses proper in the context of whether or not an event is happening at that moment or has already occurred in the past. It feels more right and is more accurate to the situation since I'm not telling a story so much as describing a real time account of my character's actions. If this is still an issue, feel free to let me know.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
The problem is you didn't directly address the problem, you made a general statement to everyone. How would the offender know he is doing wrong when there is nobody to tell him otherwise. Also I really think you're taking this GM thing much too hard. It isn't like this is some job, although you were tasked with keeping this RP up (which you are doing well at) I really don't think threatening the RPers no matter the reason is a good thing.

Also the posts have not dropped since this RP has opened up.

Also don't confuse laziness with prioritizing. I neglect to edi because I'd rather not put time into something that I don't consider very important (it's fun, I like it, but just like I wouldn't waste time in a video game trying to do perfect strategies when my strategy works, I wouldn't go through editing here when my point gets across.)

The post did come off as threatening and demanding, even if it wasn't meant to.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
@Pyro: Last I checked, Xoxaa was occupied talking to the Telarius boys.

As for right now...yeah, 'splosions and stuff. Oda would be better suited to cutting down every single one of Moreno's troops because they can't lay a finger on her, but I doubt that's an acceptable course of action. Given the lack of freedom in 'pushing back', and she must follow orders, I imagine my post will be spent doing just that.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
No, the problem is you're arguing with me about not wanting to improve your spelling and grammar in your posts which would in turn improve your writing and thus also improve your roleplaying. Yes I did generalise it, as it is for everyone to read and I'm sure the people whose spelling and grammar isn't up to scratch know who they are. If you have time to argue with me over this you have time to read over your post before posting it and to put it through a spell check.

Also don't confuse laziness with prioritizing. I neglect to edi because I'd rather not put time into something that I don't consider very important (it's fun, I like it, but just like I wouldn't waste time in a video game trying to do perfect strategies when my strategy works, I wouldn't go through editing here when my point gets across.)

Okay here's the problem with this. EDITING IS VERY IMPORTANT. It is especially important if you aren't a perfect writer that has the perfect spelling and grammar straight away without having to read over what they have written or put it through a spell check. Also your simile is completely flawed, its not like a video game, and if it is not editing and making sure that AT LEAST your spelling is up to scratch (at least making sure there is no typos,) is like doing the complete wrong strategy and wondering why you're always dying/not clearing the stage. If you want something more accurate it's like you're going to fight an army naked and without a weapon. Let's not forget that this is a TEXT base roleplay where all your characters interactions are done by WRITING and that spelling and grammar are a necessity in writing.

TL;DR
You always have enough time to read over your post yourself or get someone else to post as well as throwing it through a spell check. Doing that will basically fix all the issues with your spelling and grammar and will take like 5-10 minutes MAX.

Oh and this discussion point is done now before it becomes a flame war.

Also if you still have an issue with this you can take it up with me either by VM's or PM's.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Uhh I'll make sure i'll edit any mistakes I may or may have not made.

I have a question however. If a newcomer were to take the place of somone who dropped out of the RP for whatever reason, how would their character be intergrated into the RP?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
All aboard the murder train! Choo choo!

Let's go ineffectually hack at some dudes as though it will make a difference!

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
@Pyro: Last I checked, Xoxaa was occupied talking to the Telarius boys.

As for right now...yeah, 'splosions and stuff. Oda would be better suited to cutting down every single one of Moreno's troops because they can't lay a finger on her, but I doubt that's an acceptable course of action. Given the lack of freedom in 'pushing back', and she must follow orders, I imagine my post will be spent doing just that.
I just recently posted for Xoxaa. Both of them are basically standing around waiting for Marcus to give them kill orders or something. :P

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I suppose I will be posting tomorrow and getting Swords to start killing people. Or whatever.

Back