• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
i've been waiting for this. Is it available to download? Is it already complete version?

Dude did you bother reading any of the posts? I'm pretty sure the beta hasn't even come out yet.

Heather

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
Wow DRG this looks great! Can't wait til Christmas Eve to be able to play it! :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Dude did you bother reading any of the posts? I'm pretty sure the beta hasn't even come out yet.

sorry dude, i didn't read the previous post. So this will going to be release at December. So i need a lot of patience. . . -.- i cant wait. . . I hope it is December... Haha.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
55ib06.jpg

Hey Everyone. I'm posting to inform you all that the hack is going very smoothly and the release date could possibly be pushed up to early December. All that's left is for X & Y to officially release, then wait a week or 2 until the correct base stats and movepools for the new 6th gen Pokemon are posted on Serebii. I've been over at Smogon watching moves and stat calculations of the new Pokemon. I'm updating by the hour so progress can go quicker and a faster release date can be possible.

Also, I'm sure a lot of you already know all of the new 6th Gen Pokemon and already picking favorites. I've got 6 more empty spots available for 6th Gen Pokemon and I've decided to let the community decide who they want to see in the hack. I will include any of'em Except;
Mega Evolutions
Fairy-Types
Honedge-Doublade-Aegislash
Litleo-Pyroar

So let me know, I'll come back here and check on Monday to see your picks. As you can see above, our buddy Pancham is already in the hack. Another thing I should mention is the change of base power in old moves. Some of you may know this(Or will notice in 2 days) but a few moves got nerfed (Lowered). I'll be making those changes to the hack. It's highly possible Pokemon Dark Rising 2 will be the first hack to feature the new 6th gen Pokemon with their correct stats and movepools, so stay watching the thread for a possible early release!

Edit: Forgot to mention; Unlike DR1, I've completely redid "EVERY" Pokemon's movepool using the information from Serebii. In the first, I only redid the movepools of Pokemon I've added from 4th or 5th gen, and personal favorites. This time, Every Pokemon will be learning their best moves by level up and no one is getting left behind. Be sure to check out the "Things You Need To Know" section on the first page of this thread for more new information.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 25, 2013
Alright! It good to see that this hack is up and alive. :) I've got around to finishing DR1 and it was really good. Super excited for DR2. I'd love to see Noibat and Noivern in this hack. Well i'm really looking forward to it Good Luck! ^_^

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hi Everyone. Pokemon X & Y will be released tonight at midnight. So to sorta celebrate the occasion, I present to you two more 6th gen Pokemon you'll be encountering in Pokemon Dark Rising 2:

2ewjzex.png
2cza4c4.png

More good news before I vanish for awhile after tonight. I'm happy to say that I've reconnected with the hack's music inserter, Jillsandwich. So you can expect to hear more amazing custom music when you're playing this hack in December.
I've also contacted Omega Zero for inserting more new battle backgrounds as well.

EDIT: In Dark Rising 1, moves like Scald never burned and Zen Headbutt always made you or the opponent flinch. That should've not happened. So I'm happy to say that's no longer the case in Dark Rising 2. Scald will burn from time to time, and Zen Headbutt is no longer broken. Someone tell Tehwildchase on youtube to stop cheating! I'm watching him! Lol

That's all for now. I hope you all enjoy playing X & Y tonight/tomorrow!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Whenever you get around to finishing this hack, I hope you consider remaking DR1 to fix the various glitches and other unintended behavior.

Years
  • PA
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
Have you seen the ss she has posted? The ow needs work in more than a few places, sprites need shading as well as correct color pallets; Why are 6th gen being added when we literally know almost nothing about their stats/movesets until people play farther into the games, I don't necessarily have a problem with this but it should wait until we know more about the games; If the plot isn't half as broken as the first one it might be salvageable plot-wise; The level curve hopefully isn't as bad as the first one, because if your level curve is worse than Vega your doing something wrong; The people on this team better make sure literally EVERYTHING works as it is supposed to, this means ACTUALLY TESTING IT which clearly was not done in the first one. Hell they should play through the entire game multiple times, and if they find just ONE error they need to go fix it and start the run again. ALL that being said, I hope they learned from the first one and will actually make this playable and not just throwing bst higher than 800 at you/ not throwing uber high levels at you / not ambushing you/ not doing millions of rivals (no they are not fun to fight)/ not nerfing one of the starters because they don't like it/ and not putting themselves into the game.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
Have you seen the ss she has posted? The ow needs work in more than a few places, sprites need shading as well as correct color pallets; Why are 6th gen being added when we literally know almost nothing about their stats/movesets until people play farther into the games, I don't necessarily have a problem with this but it should wait until we know more about the games; If the plot isn't half as broken as the first one it might be salvageable plot-wise; The level curve hopefully isn't as bad as the first one, because if your level curve is worse than Vega your doing something wrong; The people on this team better make sure literally EVERYTHING works as it is supposed to, this means ACTUALLY TESTING IT which clearly was not done in the first one. Hell they should play through the entire game multiple times, and if they find just ONE error they need to go fix it and start the run again. ALL that being said, I hope they learned from the first one and will actually make this playable and not just throwing bst higher than 800 at you/ not throwing uber high levels at you / not ambushing you/ not doing millions of rivals (no they are not fun to fight)/ not nerfing one of the starters because they don't like it/ and not putting themselves into the game.

Seriously, I can understand a bit that you got frustrated...but don´t forget(if you didn´t know then learn): Hacks are made by fans, not a giant company like Nintendo/Game Freak. And the first one was only made by 2 people(if I remember correctly) and considering how much was changed it was quite playable, fun and refreshingly different that the normal games.
And: if you CAN do it better, then do it yourself. Constructive critism can be helpful but bashing does not help anyone, it makes it even worse.

Years
I agree with amazing charizard.. DRG makes her work of art for us for free, and striving to give us the very best.. Testing it and reporting bug is our job as fans.. Even in Dark Rising 1 when there is so many bug, people still love it.. Bashing and demanding from a hack will discourage people to make a hack, and I don't want to see pokemon hack extinc from this forum...

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years

The Rewrite said:
Have you seen the screenshots she has posted? In my opinion, the OWs need a bit a more work, they don't look right to me. I also think that the sprites need shading and the color pallets feel a bit off to me. DRG, I feel like you should wait until more information is known about the VI generation games before you implement the features involving it into your hack; but I understand if you do not feel like waiting. I feel like the plot of the first game lacked substance, and I do hope that this one contains a better managed plot, considering you now have experience in hacking. I believe one improvement you should make is the level curve, as I felt it wasn't as good as it could've been in DR1. I certainly hope that the team will take pride in bug-fixing and will use beta testers to their advantage, as well as making personal playthroughs to achieve the best product possible. I do hope you take your experience from the first DR and use it to create a sequel that is even better than it's predecessor. Some of the things I disliked about DR1 were the lack of high level fights, ambushes, the massive amounts of rivals(I simply felt like it was a little much), and that you lowered the stats of one of the starters. I also disliked that you put yourself in your game.

All this being said, I do respect your right as creator and will encourage you to do whatever you wish the game. I will be grateful to play whatever you release knowing you worked hard for no pay, just to entertain us and I recognize that ROM hacking is a hobby, not a job. Please take my criticism into account, and I'd be more than happy to offer more, just ask.

Don't worry dude, I fixed it for you. I'm sure you didn't mean to sound like an entitled brat, I'm sure it was all a misunderstanding.

Yeah.

Misunderstanding.

Best of luck on this, DRG. I do look forward to seeing more updates and seeing how you advance your skills as a ROM hacker.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Whenever you get around to finishing this hack, I hope you consider remaking DR1 to fix the various glitches and other unintended behavior.

It's a possibility. I just hate going back to my old work, whether it's bad or good. But maybe, who knows.

I'm sorry about your experience with Dark Rising 1. As for Dark Rising 2, there's been a lot of improvements over the first and I'm taking more time with this one to test bugs and other things like scripts to make sure they're all working properly. I can understand your concern, but don't worry, I got it under control and it's going very well. As for the 6th gen Pokemon, Smogon.com and Serebii.net will have ALL of the 6th gen Pokemon's information and movepools covered by the end of next week. Heck, the games just came out yesterday and smogon has calculated base stats for a lot of new Pokemon already. I'll have everything I need on them by December. As for little things like maybe putting ourselves in the game, that's more on the humorous fun side of things. As stated, I hack for the fun of it. If I or other members of the team wish to be in the hack, it's totally fine as long as it doesn't conflict with the main plot.
I think you'll really enjoy DR2, give it a try in 2 months. If not, there's plenty of other great hacks on the forum that might be better suited to what you prefer.

Hey guys, signed on to the forums to post that I'll be checking which 6th gen Pokemon you would like to see in the hack late next week or in 2 weeks instead of Monday like I said before. I totally forgot I have a final exam coming up, and I'll be spending a lot of time playing X & Y, so I won't be on here often, if not, at all. But I'll still be working on DR2. I'm actually signed on now to make more new adjustments. Like Will-O-Wisp going up to 85% accuracy(Crazy, right?) and other changes X & Y made to old moves.

Last edited:

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Hi, it's been a long time since i last comment on PKMcom. So, first of all, congrates on the progress, I was really upset when I thought this project was closed down. Anyway, since XY was out, there are some other issues I think you need to work on:
1. The new pokemon: Some new pokemons are really cool, but some are total failures. So, you should choose carefully, not only by our choices, but also by stats & the number of PKM you wanna add. I suggest throwing away some (may be) useless PKM from previous gens, and add some of these:
Talonflame, Pangoro, Clauncher, 3 starters (you probably won't choose all, but I think Froakie and Fennekin are better than Chespin), Xerneas (You can change Fairty to Psychic), Yveltal, Noivern
2. About the Megas... Sadly, there won't be enough MegaStones for 3 Starters... But, let's think about the bigger picture: If you want more people interested in your game, you should add some cool Megas, because that is the most wanted feature in XY (Despite the fact that it has it origin from Digimon). Think wider, and you might wanna add Mega Charizard, Blaziken, TTar, and Lucario. Please, at least 2 or 3 Megas, it won't hurt anybody :)
3. I think there should be at least 1 Gym leaders from Kalos, don't you think?
4. Will there be new attacks?
That are all my suggestions. Please forgive my bad spelling.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
trial and trial, until it became perfect. Looking forward for this Project.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Seriously, I can understand a bit that you got frustrated...but don´t forget(if you didn´t know then learn): Hacks are made by fans, not a giant company like Nintendo/Game Freak. And the first one was only made by 2 people(if I remember correctly) and considering how much was changed it was quite playable, fun and refreshingly different that the normal games.
And: if you CAN do it better, then do it yourself. Constructive critism can be helpful but bashing does not help anyone, it makes it even worse.
The bugs ARE part of hack and show creator's bad insight on the game and may destroy game's enjoyment.
Bug fixing should be 70% of hack work. One should fix all visible bugs before actual release. Not let their fans play with big bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back