• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PKSV scripting Tutorial/Script Thread

Years
Hey someone please.can anyone of you makes me a traveling script?Like the vermillion travel script.i put its code (the real vermillion person who let you travel) and insert.then i get a tri-pass and i go and talk with him,the script wont work.pls anyone make me one.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
for the css I think you should make it have a thicker border. Also The text is hard to see I think you should make the size thicker, but I like it alot.

Ready4failure

my friends and i on youtube...
Years
i hate to revive an old thread, but i didnt want to pm you for something small as this. i have a script where the person im talking to jumps at one point:

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @text ' Im so excited!
callstd MSG_NORMAL
applymovement 0x4 @move
pauseevent 0x0
msgbox @text2
Callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end
#org @text
= Im so excited!
#org @text2
= I love pokemon!
#org @move
m jump_down jump_down jump_down jump_down say_! end

now, I want to make it so that he jumps facing me, no matter where i talk to him from. how do i do that?

Ready4failure

Years
how do you input the new script?

if you're asking how to put the script in the game, when you have a person highlighted in A-map, copy the (@start <-> 0x740001) in the compiled script into the space that it says script offset.

if you were somehow talking to me, i did the exact same thing, i made the thing from scratch, and inserted it like that.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
if you're asking how to put the script in the game, when you have a person highlighted in A-map, copy the (@start <-> 0x740001) in the compiled script into the space that it says script offset.

if you were somehow talking to me, i did the exact same thing, i made the thing from scratch, and inserted it like that.

that doesn't work.

all that happens when I do that is a bunch of #raw x0FF

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2010
I want MOM to give me a Pokemon on the beginning.
But how do i let the Pokemon menu show up?
Because i want MOM to give me the first Pokemon..

Ready4failure

Years
that doesn't work.

all that happens when I do that is a bunch of #raw x0FF

ok then, well that normally means you did something wrong lol. ok, explain your process, because what you're supposed to do is open the rom in pksvui, make the script, hit the compile button, then go into A-map and put the number you copied into the offset box. you need to compile the script of the game you're going to use it in, the same file and all. if you still have trouble, pm me or something, i know how to do that at least. lol

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
I read the tutorial but cannot completely understand how to make a new script.

I want to make a script that it like

"You found some pokemon in the snow! You can only save one."
You then pick between three different pokemon.
After you pick the pokemon, you find a pokedex nearby.

thanks for the help if you can

Years
I think the Easy starter script need a pointer for text. It work fine by Giving the starter, item, tm, pokedex but without saying anything. That just weaird.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
couldn't the easy-starter have some thing that allows you to pick between a set of pokemon.

Also tried the earthquake thing but when I tested it, it didn't work

Last edited:

jamesofice

Anyone a fan of Spyro?
Years
i'm compilin a script for a hack where your mom walks to you and gives you running shoes i've compiled it repeatedly an looked at every single offset and i never get the one i want heres the script in a spoiler to show you and you can see what i'm doing wrong, if possible could you please fix it?

Spoiler:

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
Years
---

Hi, this iss a nice tut, but could you please give me an example of a giveaway with this in it?

addpokemon BULBASAUR 10 00 0 0 0
addpokemon SQUIRTLE 10 00 0 0 0
addpokemon CHARIZARD 25 00 0 0 0

Thank you vm!

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
Years
---

---To jamesofice: Thanks for helping James.

---To Full Metal: I create scripts, yeah but I should need an example from something when you get a Pokémon, some example from when you only get 1 of them is also okay.

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
a simple givepokemon script (wait...isn't there one of those in my tutorial?)
Spoiler:

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
Years
---

Thank you vm for your help!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi again, I tried and tried to make the script but it doesn't work.:'(

Last edited:
Back