• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Winter's Corner

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
i have a small suggestion... with the map of the week thing you have a theme but not all can find or get snow tiles i suggest you look for rom bases and with the theme add the base with credits ofcourse then more people will actually use the theme aswell but thats just my suggestion...

Years
Alright, time to post my map, there are a few things i need to say about the map before they start complaining that it is a town with grass: It is a route,cave entrance and a city all in one. the map starts at the bottom, the bottom part of the map is still a route, the player travels through the map to reach that cave entrance below the bridge area and goes through the cave to the city area. that's it, that's why i put grass in the map.

Spoiler:

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
That's a very nice map.

NOTE: Please be aware that I will be re-posting our most recent edition due to changing the first post to an archive and putting in some very beautiful CSS thanks to PokéCommunity's one and only, Full Metal! If you'd like to thank him or just leave a friendly note, click his name and you'll be taken to his profile. :)

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
here is my map:P
credits for it : calis projects , kyledove and dacab or lalo gamefreak for the pokemon ows and 25582 (i think is his name) for the people ow's

Spoiler:

Cnc are welcome though and vote all:D

EDIT: map without OW'S

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
here is my map:P
credits for it : calis projects , kyledove and dacab or lalo gamefreak for the pokemon ows and 25582 (i think is his name) for the people ow's

Spoiler:

Cnc are welcome though and vote all:D

Isn't this supposed to be a ROM hacking competition? This map is clearly made with RMXP, and then you slapped on some overworlds with paint...

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Isn't this supposed to be a ROM hacking competition? This map is clearly made with RMXP, and then you slapped on some overworlds with paint...

no this map isnt in rmxp made. just with none thing u have right the ows are slpped over but it's in a rom , if u don;t belive me PM me and i send u even the ips so u can make urself belive. i dont have somehting to hide its in a rom taked me 2 days to insert those tiles

I will just say that this map is annoying, not for the mapping but the freakin' OW's. It's a MAPPING contest. Not a mapping sprite and tile showcase. Just saying.
okay i remove them and post the map without them i just thought it's a nice feature to add them. and sorry for ANOYING U kay?and i dont know where u see that im showcasing the tiles???

EDIT: there u have the map without the annoying ow's.

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
Hackmew is long dead.
If he comes back then that's one thing, but I haven't even seen him on MSN for a long time, we used to chat daily.

He was just online now :P

Also, you said that it didn't have to be a snow Town, so mines isn't. :P
In fact, I just took an old hack with ready inserted tiles because I'm lazy. :D
Name: Route 0 (doesn't really have a name, but the mountain kinda looks like a zero)
Game: Pokemon Iron and Stone (an old FireRed hack)
Credits: Uhh...mostly Alistair lol. Cba looking for my old thread but they're all there.
Other info: I think...this may be my best map ever. :O Btw that little bit at the left is supposed to be a Cut tree and Pokeball...I can't use overworlds though. :P
Map:
Spoiler:

And good luck to everyone else. :D
Damn this map is my best ever, maybe I should've saved it for the get together map contest...ahh well.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Name: Genesis Road
Game: Shattered Dreams
Credits: Zein for the tree trunk, lal0101 for the smaller tree, WesleyFG for the trash can
Other info: This map wasn't made for the competition nor was it originally snowy, I just changed the season to winter and took the screenshot because I really liked how the map looked.

GenesisRoad.jpg

Winter Wonderland

Years
Tomorrow at 5PM EST(That gives you approx 21 hours) will be the deadline for maps. That's when me, Deok, and Nurse will choose the best one. :)

Putin

Anspruchsvolle Narr
Years
It may not be great, but I think it's the best snow map I've ever made.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2012
I'd love to enter, but I like to stick to themes, and I have no snow tiles, so... yeah. I like all of the maps I've seen so far.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Is it okay if I post a map that I've already had for a couple months? I don't have the time to make anything new atm.

If so, I'll enter this one.
Spoiler:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Name: Sleethorn Village
Credits: klnothincomin, Calis Projects & minorthreat0987, Fused, Alucus of Borg, Alistair, Kyledove, PrinceLegendario, ligtherzien
Description: This map is based off of a concept that I had for a Map of the Month entry back in 2009. Because it is built on very high and rugged terrain, it is extremely difficult for people and supplies to reach the village. The large building on the left is a cable car station that makes it far easier to come and go from Sleethorn. idk where the cave leads to :P
Spoiler:

Winter Wonderland

Years

Winter's Corner.
Second Edition - 29.6.2011

Intro.
Hey, there. I'm Winter, and this is week two of Winter's Corner! For those of you who don't know, Winter's Corner is where I bring you news, upcomings, and just stuff in general about ROM hacking! So, without further stalling due to a lack of things to write, here's week two. :)

What's New?
What's one thing you haven't seen in a hack? One thing I haven't seen is a regional Pokedex. The boys down in Research & Development have found a lot of things about it. Why is this important? Well, it's just a nice little touch. Yeah, you could get by it simply by enabling the national dex at the beginning, but, that looks kind of unprofessional. For example, at 0xCE91A change the next 4 bytes to 00 00 14 E0. Doing this will enable evolutions without the national dex. Like, having your Onyx evolve into a Steelix. This thread can be found here.
Another smallish, but still huge thing is the 4th generation class split from the 3rd generation. What is this? Well, in 3rd generation games, such as Fire Red, Hyper Beam is considered a physical attack. In 4th generation and up, it's considered a special attack. Which is why the move Giga Impact was created(to be like a physical hyper beam). I know it's a small touch, but, still a very nice one.

What to look forward to.
A lot of us like to hack the 3rd generation of Pokémon games, right? That goes to show that all of us know about Advance Map. Lu-Ho is almost done with his newest edition, Advance Map 1.95 and even has an open beta going on! This comes with a lot of features, such as day, night, and seasons capability. Also, using Advance Map 1.95 makes making map connections a LOT easier with a map-type system showing you exactly how your two maps will line up.
On the subject of mapping, we are making dives into the 4th and 5th generation of it. That's right. There's a 4th & 5th generation map editor in the works here in PokeCommunity. That's right, pretty soon we're gonna start seeing Diamond hacks and things of that nature. The DS map graphics editor is one major leap in the ROM hacking community. "One small step for man… one giant leap for mankind." – Neil Armstrong.
Lastly, on the subject of things to look forward to, are two hacks. Namely Tropical Blue, by Flandre Scarlet, and Pokémon Explorer! by colcolstyles. These two hacks, I feel, are going to go pretty far content-wise. Flandre has developed a neat storyline that takes you into a Pokémon world where there is an afterlife. On the flipside, colcolstyles, one of our friendly Emulation moderators, has opened up a team thread called CCS Studios where two main hacking projects will take place. His hack, Explorers! and another being the perfect Yellow remake including a working follow-me script. Colcolstyles is actually looking for help on his project, so if you'd like to help, click on the team's name. :)

You know what really grinds my gears?
Family Guy reference aside, there's a lot of things that irks me about hacks. One of them being when someone makes a hack, but it's just mapping, no scripting. Like, they only have the knowledge to do a basic talking script, but expect everyone else to do the rest for them. Like, I understand, not everyone has the ability to put command after command on each other to form a perfect script, but if you haven't already got your scripting problem sorted out(like hiring one), then you probably shouldn't post your hack yet. What mainly bugs me about that is the fact that not only do they not know how to do one of the central things in hacking; they show no interest to learn. Like, if you ask them, they'll just say something like "Oh, I got to the checkflag stuff and freaked out." That's not an excuse. Also, when people give up on their projects just because of one complication (I ranted about this on another thread called Motivation). In life, there are a crapload of things that could go wrong at every turn. But, when something bad happens, do you just kill yourself? Some people, yeah. But, they're not reading this 'cause they're dead. So, don't be dead in the hacking world and give up on your project as soon as one thing goes wrong. If anything, that should motivate you to do even better (don't make fun of my messed up logic, just go with it). And that is what really grinds my gears.

ROM Hack I'm personally looking at.

Ooh, what's a good one? This past week I've been playing Pokémon Lilac by DrFuji. This hack is amazingly presented, custom boot screen and all. The game itself is graphically beautiful
and is the perfect challenge. I found myself grinding my Croconaw and Beautifly to destroy my jerk of a rival who I named Fuji who always tries to one-up me. After a while, I actually forgot I was playing an actual Game Freak production. I recommend everyone to play this hack. Not only for it's beautiful tiles, but also for its realistic events straight through the end of the beta. I simply cannot wait to get more for this hack. I think the only flaw I found in this game was the fact that it was too short, and that whenever you blacked out, the nurse pretended to be your mom.

Competition Results.
Winner: The Unforgiven. Linky.
The best drawing (pencil and paper) of a pokemon or fakemon wins.
The most you can do is outline it in pen to make it stand out more.

Closing Notes.
This is week two of Winter's Corner, I'm sorry if I didn't put everything you would've liked me to. But, as always, give me your thoughts and suggestions! I look forward to reading them. :) I want to make week three absolutely great!
Love,
Winter Sophia Kelly

CSS Layout by Full Metal. Don't take without permission.Copyright (C) 2011.

Last edited:

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
A good read as ever Winter, But one thing that I must say very clearly and quickly (as it is 00:27 and I'm tired) is "DEOK. Y U NO POST MAP RESULTS!"

Winter Wonderland

Years
Thanks! Just saying, everyone should spam ask Deokishisu to post which one is his favorite map. If not, I'll tell you what me and Nurse agreed on tomorrow at 8PM EST(approx. 22 hours). :)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
This map is based off of a concept that I had for a Map of the Month entry back in 2009.
Lol, I actually remember the map you're talking about, but I couldn't find the map of the month thread again. =/

(Also, I noticed that you both voted for the same map on your profile, so isn't waiting for Deok's vote kind of pointless? Since it will be a 2 to 1 vote either way. lol)

Back