• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
I love this hack alot! It's so awesome. I can't wait for the full version to be downloadable. Keep up the awesome work. :D

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Honestly this is one of the best hacks I've seen,
mainly due to the crazy move customisation!
The tiles are all brilliant. This is the firered I
would have loved to have come out!

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
Just finished playing through whats available so far. Looks Amazing.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I don't have and cannot afford SpeedyShare Premium so I can't download the ips :(

Can you possibly update for that link and maybe a mediafire one?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I don't have and cannot afford SpeedyShare Premium so I can't download the ips :(

Can you possibly update for that link and maybe a mediafire one?
I apologize, it wasn't like that previously.

Also I don't use mediafire because you have to make an account, though I will probably make one since it's been a reliable host in the past.

Unfortunately I am writing a college essay as we speak, so I can't re-upload it right now, but I promise I will re-upload it soon. PROMISE

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Here is what the main world map looks like:
260yl9c.png

I will be using 2 of FireRed's 4 world maps. The first world map is the picture I posted above, while the other world map will contain mostly post game areas, except one of the islands on this map is Birth Island, which you will visit briefly after defeating Sabrina.

I was reluctant to reveal this, but since it's a long ways away, I might as well put this right here:
In this game, Deoxys is treated as a counterpart to Mewtwo. Both Mewtwo and Deoxys are heavily involved in the plot. Birth Island will look like how it does in Pokemon Emerald. While Mewtwo has a higher BST, Deoxys can still be viewed as a counterpart through its alternate formes.

Deoxys is #208 in the Kanto Pokedex, while Mewtwo is #209.

Faraway Island from Pokemon Emerald is also going to be in Pokemon DarkViolet.

Hey!!!! whats wrong with the link!!!! i CANT DOWNLOAD....
Can you read? I clearly wrote that I took it down. Except that the website that I used to host it took it down or something, all I did was remove a useless link.

Unfortunately, I don't have an ips of Alpha 1 lying around my computer anymore, which means I'm unable to re-upload it. However, I'll "recreate" Alpha 1 with the progress I've made since, just with new areas like Pewter City blocked off.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hey, I still have the IPS? So? Maybe I'll could PM it to you?
It's okay, I think it would be better for me to just re-create Alpha 1. Since I've changed the world map and made further alterations to the battle HUD. Although I can't release it just yet, since there's some music-related ASM stuff I need to work out.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Can you please tell me how did you make the vs mugshot appear? also how did you change the color of it? I really want to make it appear for specific trainers like the gym leaders.

I also like the attacks background, great job.

Years
Really chaos rush....I also wanna know how did you did the vs mugshot and battle background.....very interested to know....

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Can you please tell me how did you make the vs mugshot appear? also how did you change the color of it? I really want to make it appear for specific trainers like the gym leaders.

I also like the attacks background, great job.

Really chaos rush....I also wanna know how did you did the vs mugshot and battle background.....very interested to know....

For the VS mugshot, Jambo51 posted a method of doing it, which can be found here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=240183

As for the edited battle backgrounds, I simply edited with unLZ GBA, and changed the palettes with APE.

EDIT: also, that world map I posted earlier is not final. I recently found out that FireRed doesn't like it when you have the world map using more than 1 tile per city, as it screws up your positioning on the Town Map.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Here are the FINAL World Maps! I re-did them because I found out that FireRed doesn't like it when you have cities taking up more than 1 tile on the world map, and also it would a lot better when you're selecting a town to fly to.

sm6o3b.png

2lvhjtj.png

I'm revealing the 2nd map simply because it will be unlocked from the start (not the actual place, but the 2nd Town Map screen)

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I like the look of it! What's the small landmass by Birth Island (if you don't feel like revealing it, that's cool, haha) I'm assuming the bottom one is Faraway Island.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I like the look of it! What's the small landmass by Birth Island (if you don't feel like revealing it, that's cool, haha) I'm assuming the bottom one is Faraway Island.
It's simply a post-game area, in one of the cities you can re-battle Gym Leaders, and in another city on it will answer plot-holes that are unresolved during the main Kanto quest.

In case it wasn't obvious by now, the Sevii Islands will NOT be in this game (besides Birth Island, which doesn't really count). It will be just like the originals in the sense that you stay on Kanto throughout your entire quest. Likewise, Moltres will once again be found in Victory Road.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
This hack looks amazing!! I can't wait for the first beta, hope you don't give up on this.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Just thought I should post this. I was making the battle sprite for the Channeler, and I am so pleased with how it turned out.
wsr5kw.png

The left sprite will be used in Pokemon Tower, while the right one will be used in Saffron Gym. These sprites aren't final, since the bead thingies look kinda weird, and the foot shading looks kinda wonky.

Back