• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
Years
This looks nice!
The best tile grafics I`ve ever seen on a advance game! :)
It`s also amazing how you and Crazyninjaguy have made the new menu and the clouds!
I also like the story ;)
Overall it`s a nice idea! 9/10
Hope that there will be more screenshots soon! ^^

Last edited:

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
@Piplup-Trainer When you say advance, do you mean GBA?
And also, lovin' the update. Great tiles.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Pokéstorm: Thank you. And of course it is ;)

@PokemonOI: Thanks, I'll try.

@CrazyNinjaGuy: Thanks, and thank the brilliant tile artists of PC for that.

@Piplup-Trainer: Thank you :) It's actually based off the 4th gen games. The clouds are the rmxp ones, but doubled in size and edited slightly. And the menu is great isn't it ;)
You haven't seen anything of the story yet, but thanks anyway.
9/10 is great and more screens in a week.

@pikarich: Thanks and in answer to your qustion ^.

Update:
I just noticed that my main spriter, Godlytion, actually did send me the new sprite but I just forgot, so I could have updated weeks ago instead of a few days ago... Anyway, here's the newer, green haired, main male hero's overworld sprite:
Maincharacter.png

Looks nice doesn't it? The front pages screens have been updated with the new sprite (except the night one, I'll have to wait untill night to change that xD), if you want to see the difference then scroll up to the last update :)

After the update next week I'll be leving the prodject for a few weeks to get back into competitive battling again. This is because I always get into battling for a few weeks then go back to game developing. Make sure you keep the thread in the first page ;)

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Excellent update. Well done to Godlytion for the great sprites. I'll take charge of the game for a few weeks after the update and keep working on more side-quests, a lot of which we haven't revealed yet. Thanks for everyone's comments.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Update:
Sidequest! It's never too early to reveal end of game parts
;)

Sidequest.png

Part of a late game side quest which you can enter just before the elite four. It includes a certain 4th gen lava 'mon, can you guess which? Eventhough this actually means a legendary apart from the main, yet to be revealed, one will be catchable before the elite four, it'll be extremely hard to catch.

I've updated the support banners on the front page so if you're using them you may want to change it. As well as this, I've also for the 20th time (over exaggeration) changed the front page to make it look nicer. It looks as good as it can now, I think, but any suggestions on improveents are appreciated.

Should I carry on making updates like this or should I prepare larger updates which will take much longer?

Keep the comments coming!

Edit: I animated the logo! The colour's nothing to do with the game, I just thought it looked cool xD

Last edited:

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
Update:
Sidequest! It's never too early to reveal end of game parts
;)

Sidequest.png

Part of a late game side quest which you can enter just before the elite four. It includes a certain 4th gen lava 'mon, can you guess which? Eventhough this actually means a legendary apart from the main, yet to be revealed, one will be catchable before the elite four, it'll be extremely hard to catch.

I've updated the support banners on the front page so if you're using them you may want to change it. As well as this, I've also for the 20th time (over exaggeration) changed the front page to make it look nicer. It looks as good as it can now, I think, but any suggestions on improveents are appreciated.

Should I carry on making updates like this or should I prepare larger updates which will take much longer?

Keep the comments coming!

Edit: I animated the logo! The colour's nothing to do with the game, I just thought it looked cool xD

It is obviously Heatran.The lava in the sidequest looks kind of strange, well actually it just does not match the style of the other stuff it seems like. I actually like seeing small updates like this. It kind of reassures me that this game isn't dead. I like the new thread layout, and the animated title looks pretty cool, but you should make it transparent. I will probably grab a support banner, again. Good luck on the game.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2021
Hmmm... the lava looks fine to me looks a little reapeative is that the lava autotile from the standard rtp?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Pokéstorm: I wasn't trying to fool anyone with which pokemon it was anyway xD. I see what you mean with the lava, but it does look really good in motion. But sadly, untill I get a tile artist it'll have to stay as that. I'll keep those quick updates coming in then! Thanks and I've made it transparent now, I just didn't before because I didn't know wat it would do to the quality, but it actually made it better! Great and thanks again.

@HOBOGames: Do you mean repetitve or reappearitive? And yeah, it it the standard auto tile from rmxp, just edited to have no borders.

Update:
I've updated all of the screenshots on the front page, fixing a lot of errors and also changing the grass a little from a R/S/E one to the HG/SS one. There's also now a large description to every screen which will hopefully give you a better understanding of the areas and what happens in them.
As well as this I've updated the progress part to include actual image bars showing the progress of every part of the game. You can now easily check progress :)

I don't know when I'll be able to update next but it'll probably be pretty soon, maybe even with a few vids ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2021
Ok, I like the menu system evreyone nowadays has some new system for thier game. I hope I might get one for my game.

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Excellent update. I love the new progress bars, I think they're a nice touch.
Also, thanks for all the comments. We're doing all we can to make this game perfect, thanks for everyone's input and keep suggesting stuff.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Nice update. I think the lava looks great. I wonder how it looks animated?
I think I prefer the smaller updates than one large one.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@HOBOGames: Thanks. You should post in the team recruitment thead if you want to get a scripter for it, unless you already have?

@pikarich: Thank you, I''m really happy with them too. And yes, we are!

@Wind Gale: Thanks. Everyone seems to prefer smaller updates so I'll stick with them. And wonder no longer, because...

Update:
Lava animated!
Lavaanimated.gif

What does everyone think of the lava now you can see how it is in-game? I think it looks great, but could also do with a little improvement.

If you haven't already noticed (impossible), Pokémon XENOTIME has moved out of The Drawing Board and into The Showcase! Here's a direct quote from Neo-Dragon when I asked him if the thread was ready to be moved:

"Your first post was one of the best I've seen in awhile. Very clear with it's information, very eye pleasing with the screens and progress bar for example."
Great coming from a mod!

The next update will probably be tommorow or friday when Wind-Gale, our mapper, has finished the route east of Larcoon. This route leads east to the third rock gym which, quite embarrassingly, I can't remember the name of... Better ask pikarich later xD

As well as all of this CrazyNinjaGuy, our scripter, has started work on the rest of XENOTIME's menu system! It'll be HG/SS styled and completely mouse controlled, although not on a seperate screen like other fan games, since I think that messes it up a bit.

Now let's just see how many more comments this gets in The Showcase ;)

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Great update. Love the lava. The route east of Larcoon City leads to Shrent Town, containing the gym with the first badge. Although Larcoon has the first gym you encounter, it is closed until you get the first badge from Shrent's gym, the rock gym. Larcoon's gym is bug-type. It has the second badge. Thanks.

Last edited:

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
The lava looks great. I almost have the map done, just a few more tiles left to add to it.

Godlytion

Spriter
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
Sorry, Peeky Chew. I am really sorry! Because the school started so I don't have many time to online. I don't want to say that but.....
I won't make sprites anymore. I think i will be back when the school finish! You should look for a new spriter. That's all!

I am really sorry!

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
That's fine. I totally understand, I have a huge workload at school too. Don't worry about it. Keep spriting though, your work is amazing.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
Years
I just spotted this, it really looks amazing! Good luck and keep up the good work!
Also, I can't believe you are going to use those cut scenes for story events. I told myself that if I ever made a Pokemon Game, it would have those in. Someone had the exact same idea as me lol.
I might try and make some scenes myself. If they look OK I might do some for this game or something. But once again, this game looks excellent!

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
What pokemon are going to be baby versions?
I was asking because I could attempt to sprite them for you.

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Hey, that would be amazing! It's something we've wanted sprites for ever since we figured out which eggs would be given.
Basically, you all probably know this, but the eggs are given out by the gym leaders when you beat them, and they are rare ones that are not catchable anywhere else.
If you could sprite even one of those, that would be incredible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back