• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you ever stop watching the anime?

Years
I saw a topic like this over on Serebii and I wanted to bring it here.

So, did you ever stop watching the Pokemon anime for any given reasons?

Reasons can range from the new voice actors, the plot changes, TV schedule getting screwed, characters leaving/getting bad treatment, because you outgrew it etc.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
I haven't really consistently been watching the series since Johto. After that I started to slowly watch less and less and for a while, none. Reasons why is because I was getting less interested, the voice actors weren't as great. It was getting repetitive and I found new shows to watch. I still love the old series, and once I've finished watching them I'll continue watching and hopefully get up to date with the whole anime series. Also there was a point where they didn't televise Pokemon here, so I couldn't. But they are showing a fair amount of it now, so that might help.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Never constantly watch Pokemon ever since the start of Diamond and Pearl series. Have practically never watched a single episode of B/W.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I did. When I was in 4th grade, Pokémon anime started to run on TV in my country and it run until MQ which was not aired... And with the stopped running everyone slowly forgot Pokémon me included.
I must say it was the worst 4-5 years of my life, because I wasn't watching ANY anime!
But then... in the 9th grade, I somehow found a Pokémon webpage with summaries of new episodes and started to be interested again, then I downloaded the MQ and AG series and started watching again and from that moment, I became interesting in anime globally and became who I'm now.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've kinda stopped watching the anime..I guess I have been too busy with other things and interests I kinda forgot to keep track of the series. Plus, I forgot the episode that I last watched and it's troublesome trying to go back to find it again. :/

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I did stop watching the anime not because of voice actors changed but because I lost the channel it was shown on after AG. but now I found a place to watch it I can.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I only stopped watching it a year ago because of how repetitive and how things got annoying. Then I sort of came back a few weeks ago watching Roxie battle Ash and the Meloetta being ill. Some of the Pokemon voices really made me want to not watch that show for a very long time.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Never....well at least not yet.
Not saying the anime is totally the best or something but it's fairly interesting to watch when you get linked to this franchise.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I had started watching pokemon when i was 10 or something but i stopped watching near the end of the AG series because i just got bored.After a few months though I started watching it again from the DP series but after like 40-ish episodes i stopped watching it again and haven't seen it since.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I stopped watching Pokemon a little into AG and didn't pick it back up until a few episodes into Black and White just a week or two ago. Just didn't really feel like watching it anymore and it got relatively boring for me. But after casually watching an episode of Black and White I can say that I'm really enjoying the newest generation and the voice don't bother me one bit. But I'm easily pleased.

Years
I've been watching since Pokemon first aired in Australia, but I ended up going on an unexpected hiatus when the Hoenn saga began cos it was always on when I was going to school.

I did get back into watching when Sinnoh started airing and eventually continued into Unova (So far Black & White, and a bit of Rival Destinies) but I have now stopped watching altogether, at least on TV though. This was due to Eleven (the channel that airs Pokemon in Australia. It used to be on Ten, but moved to Eleven as of February 2012) holding off Rival Destinies until February 2013 at least, resulting in endless Sinnoh reruns.

I got sick of the constant Sinnoh reruns trolling me and I now resort to watching episodes online, which was fun cos I also caught up on Hoenn/BF episodes I missed and also watch some of my fave episodes too, as well as the new Rival Destinies episodes.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yes. During the Sinnoh saga I missed a huge chunk of episodes because the time changed when it came on and because of the huge wait between the gyms. I did start watching it again when the main Team Galatic episodes came on. I really only watched the main episodes when Dawn,Ash,or Brock caught a pokemon,Team Galatic episodes and Contest and Gym episodes and of course the Pokemon League.

And I haven't really seen many of the Unova episodes due to the fact of the time. However I have loves every episode of Unova that I have seen.

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
Basically I only watched the Kanto and maybe Johto locally on TV. Afterwards, my interest in pokemon waned, and when I got a fast net connection I found most of the story too repetitive for me.
Although now, I'm giving Best wishes a chance.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I stopped watching the anime after the Johto Journeys season, but that was mainly because they didn't air it outside of digital television in this country, which at that point in time I didn't have, and this was before the days of Youtube and the various websites that upload anime, so I didn't have a source...much to my chagrin.

I started watching the anime again in earnest when Diamond and Pearl started airing, and I managed to catch up with what I'd missed (although I really wish I hadn't; the rest of Johto was good, but I didn't much care for the Hoenn or Battle Frontier seasons) thanks to online videos and DVDs. I've stopped again now that the Sinnoh seasons are over though, because I don't like Best Wishes. I don't like the art style, the fact that everything has been reset
again, and I don't like Cilan or Iris either; Dawn was one of my favourite things about Sinnoh, and I don't like how she's just been discarded, and Cilan...well, I suppose I don't dislike him, but I don't like him either. He's just there.

I've kept half an eye on it because of the cameos, and depending on how it turns out I may watch it when it's all over, but for the moment I'm not really all that interested.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'm not that interested with the anime series, just the games. I only watched the anime when Ash was in Hoenn, then Sinnoh. When BW came, my attention shifted from Pokemon to Adventure Time. I never watched the anime ever since.

Years
I thought I outgrew the show during Master's Quest like most people here but after two years I somehow returned to listening to songs and other tracks, and a year or so later I ended up re-watching the entire series from the start, it was at about the beginning of Diamond & Pearl.. and so I haven't missed an episode since!

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
I stopped watching the anime by the time I turned 12 or so, haven't looked back since.

Years
Sometime during the Johto saga is when I stopped watching the series on a regular basis. It used to be on everyday after school, but at some point around this time, the schedule changed it to be on primarily weekend mornings (at like 7 or 8 am), and I had no desire to get up that early when I wasn't as big a fan of the show as I used to be anymore.

I haven't watched the show regularly since (I don't think I saw a single episode of the D/P era), but if I see it on TV, I'll sometimes watch just for the heck of it.

Back