• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BW2=GSC

droomph

weeb
Years
So I have thought of something as I was playing my thingamadoodler today.

Isn't BW2 same the plot-wise as GSC? Of course, the evil teams and starters or whatnot are different, but aren't they almost the same?

An evil team that was defeated two years ago tries to rebuild, only to be destroyed by a new protagonist. Also, over the past two years, Pokémon habitats have changed drastically, and Pokémon previously unknown to the region have been introduced.

Lol just a thought. What about y'alls?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Only major difference that I see is that Team Plasma had two different teams in B2W2, and a new Plasma arose to rebuild, while the other was trying to create a new reputation. But other than that, it's pretty much the same formula as GSC. lol

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
GSC were originally Pokemon 2 and the sequels to Red/Green/Blue so ya they are pretty much the same thing.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
Not sure if structural similarities equate to being similar plot-wise. The thing about Team Rocket was they were merely acting out in an attempt to bring Giovanni out of hiding. Neo Plasma is acting under direct orders from Ghetsis (or Colress, either one). So.. while they may seem the same, I think things are just a tad bit different this time around.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
White Plasmas were looking for their missing king N while the Black Plasmas were still wreaking havoc everywhere.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
Well, yeah, but I was referring to Neo Plasma alone considering how little a role Old Plasma played during the story.

Back