• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I made a Skype account last year in order to chat with one of my friends from BMGF, but now that MSN being merged with Skype, I log into Skype everyday.

Years
Skype is the primary IM client of choice nowadays, I'm online almost all the time. My only real gripe is that you can't customize your font but oh well, that's minor. :(

TY

I use Skype whenever i play games with friends or just to talk to people... And its useful on my phone too since i dont have to bring a laptop everytime if i wanna talk... Also for future people that add me... dont call me when its around 5am for me... that happened once and i woke up from it xD

Years
I use skype because it seems to be the one messenger everyone has... I just forget to sign in since I made it stop signing in at start up months ago. People ask me where I have been and I'm like huh? I never left, haha.

I also don't like the alert sounds skype makes, they kind of bug me and I'm not sure why o_o

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I use skype because it seems to be the one messenger everyone has... I just forget to sign in since I made it stop signing in at start up months ago. People ask me where I have been and I'm like huh? I never left, haha.

I also don't like the alert sounds skype makes, they kind of bug me and I'm not sure why o_o

If you don't want to hear the alert sounds, go to tools > options > notifications > sounds > click "mute all sounds". I did this recently during the get-together and now i am at peace with skype. No need for me to go DnD again. :D

On topic kinda... I really hate skype for windows 8 so much. It keeps me online even when my computer is off and it's hard to navigate from desktop to the app just to IM someone. So I downloaded the desktop version because I felt it's a lot simpler.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I used WLM until the Skype merger. Got tired of the message telling me to 'upgrade' only to find it replaced with another message to the effect of 'this person isn't using Skype, help them upgrade'. Being unable to revert due to both an incomplete uninstall and there apparently being no true offline installer for WLM, I've retained Skype purely due to the lack of a satisfactory alternative through which I can contact all my friends.

Years
Please do not bump topics that are over a month old, specifically 3 months old. Thanks.

Locked.

servinelock.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back