• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Legendary Trio Ideas / Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Guys, the mascots are based on the coordinate grid, ya know the whole x/y/z thing. Y being up and down (that's why it's a bird) X being left and right(that's why it's a stag). So where are you getting this chromosome bs? I understand that there are two chromosomes x and y, but those only determine gender, nothing else. Furthermore why would a stag(male) represent the FEMALE chromosome?

Enough ranting, back to the topic. I think that the trio will probably be with the two mascots and a third one relating to the z of a coordinate grid.
You have a point there with the stag...maybe the bird's a female, doing the whole yin and yang thing like with Groudon which had bluish black lines while Kyogre had red lines, Zekrom was in White while Reshiram was in Black, etc. But than again Males also have an X you know.

Anyways ontopic. The Ghost trio could be Ghost/Fire, Ghost/Electric, and Ghost/Water as well (all three types unique to certain lines as of generation V).

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I just hope they make one legendary trio and end it at that. 5 legendary Pokemon is more than enough for me.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I think a legendary quartet with their names starting with the same letters as the four nucleotides (G, A, T, and C) would be a splendid idea in terms of cleverness and the fact that it breaks tradition. As for what they'll be, I hope they won't be dragons. Perhaps they could be based off of mythical creatures known for being a combination of various parts? For example, a Sphinx, Griffin, Chimera, and Manticore?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well not long ago someone made a tree linking all the "real" legendaries together. He noticed a pattern that most of the time they use 1 type in a role and then change to types we have not seen. This is not counting the Lake trio.

My prediction for type is Grass,Posion and Dark or Ghost. As for what they will be I do not know. I am hoping for Assassin type pokemon that are like Assassins. Kinda like how the last 3 were Musketeers which I think the Elk is related to in some way.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I just hope they make one legendary trio and end it at that. 5 legendary Pokemon is more than enough for me.
I think we will have 6 at the very least (unless they use one of the trio members for the third version...or do something else for sequels than to use pokemon...). Than we have the special mons so at the very least I think we might match Gen III in number of legends if not Gen V and IV.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I'd like to see maybe a mermaid trio... like a beautiful mermaid, a wicked siren, and a Trident king.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
>X and Y represent chromosomes
>chromosomes dictate/are part DNA
>Deoxys's name come from DNA
>Deoxy is from 3rd gen
R/S/E REMAKES CONFIRMED AFTER X AND Y

I, personally, see this playing out like G/S/C. The legendary mascots don't seem to have much to do with each other. And, seeing as one is a bird and one is emerging from a forest, perhaps, this could partially dictate their types.

Septentrion

Evilutionary biologist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 13, 2023
I think they should be based on quantum particals.

Higgs Boson, Controls mass(Ghost/Dragon)
Nuetrino (Ghost/Normal)
Quarks (Rock/Ghost)

Years
I'm just going to dump some ideas for legendaries they haven't used yet.
4 elements of nature (fire, earth, wind, water)
The two main zodiacs(Northern/Chinese)
Heaven and Hell (this might not come to be, but it will be interesting)
Life and Death
Different ages (the regis covered stone, ice, and steel, so I'm imagining steam, industrial, and computer).

And I strongly support the idea of the Pegasi/Griffins and the such.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I feel like they've been refreshing Pokemon alot now and making it into a new experience, so not anything we would expect, this is what I would like to see though.
A sort of mythological creature for each one, maybe horses, of some sort idk why xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Yessss. While I can't really visualise on what this'd be (all I see is giant powerful beings), I think something like this would be pretty awesome to see (although somewhat unlikely I'd say as it doesn't really fit in with the DNA theme).

Guy

just a guy
Years
Yessss. While I can't really visualise on what this'd be (all I see is giant powerful beings), I think something like this would be pretty awesome to see (although somewhat unlikely I'd say as it doesn't really fit in with the DNA theme).
I wouldn't say the Legendary Trio has to fit in with the DNA theme at all. RSE didn't make the Regis have anything to do with what was going on with Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza. In the original GSC and the later HG/SS, Entei, Raikou, and Suicune had no ties to what Ho-oh and Lugia were. And I believe the same could be said about the genies and the three swordsmen from Black and White. They all stood on their own separate from the mascots.

There's the possibility that the new trio could have a connection to the mascots like how DPPt, more so Platinum, did with their trio, but overall I don't think they'll have to fit in with a DNA theme unless they're important to the main plot.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
Years
I'm just going to dump some ideas for legendaries they haven't used yet.
(snip)
Different ages (the regis covered stone, ice, and steel, so I'm imagining steam, industrial, and computer).

The Weather Trio covered the four elements. Groudon was fire/earth, Kyogre was water and Rayquaza was wind.
Also, steam and industrial are the same thing.

davyddhowardii

Pokemon World Champion
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 17, 2013
legendaries

Has there been any confirmations of new legendaries other than the mains?

Guy

just a guy
Years
We haven't seen any other new Pokémon besides the three new starters and the two mascots. But, I'm willing to bet that there will be other Legendary Pokémon included. For instance, the inevitable region's Legendary Trio as well as the baby-like legendary a la Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, etc. Plus, I'm sure GameFreak may have a few other legendaries up their sleeves for the new games as well. We'll just have to wait and see.

Years
It's really a shame they already did the musketeers since they'd be perfect for a region based on France.

So what are some French things that come in threes? Liberté, égalité, fraternité! Liberty, equality and brotherhood.

• Liberty could be of a type that represents spreading out and having freedom. Grass, which grows and spreads out wherever there is space; water, which flows into whatever space its in or like a river; or flying, as in the freedom to fly in the sky. It should be colored blue.
  • Equality should be a normal type, being the most balanced, and should be white.
  • Brotherhood I think might be well represented with a fighting type, since the martial arts aspect of that type puts me in mind of camaraderie. I suppose fire could also work in the sense that fire is like passion. I dunno. This one should be red regardless.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I was thinking that assuming that the whole DNA theme will be apparent, perhaps these three can have at least have the move Transform, or the ability Imposter?

As for the pokemon, since DNA is one of the fundamentals of life, perhaps these three legendary pokemon can have a theme that has something to do with life. Well, some say that life can go into three stages; take all life forms for example:

Life forms have a birth,
They age,
And then they die; or experience death.

Maybe the trio can represent that?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I was thinking that assuming that the whole DNA theme will be apparent, perhaps these three can have at least have the move Transform, or the ability Imposter?

As for the pokemon, since DNA is one of the fundamentals of life, perhaps these three legendary pokemon can have a theme that has something to do with life. Well, some say that life can go into three stages; take all life forms for example:

Life forms have a birth,
They age,
And then they die; or experience death.

Maybe the trio can represent that?

Oh, I like this idea! And the first could be at least Normal, since babies start off fresh and Normal seems to fit that; the second could be at least Psychic, because Psychic = wisdom, which you acquire with age; and the last could be at least Ghost for obvious reasons. Or something like that XD

Back