• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Circle

Should the main character have dialogue or remain silent?

• Dialogue

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Silent

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2011
Don't worry, I think Politoad isn't good pokemon and I never use it in games.

I like this "pokedex" and I'm pleased, there is no "rubbish" pokemon like Zubat, Rattata, Sentret, Geodude etc. It's bad, there isn't Steelix & Blaziken. Good job!

195-197 it's probably Dialga, Palkia, Giratina. :P

Also, I believe you will use Physical/Special/Other move classification from 4th/5th generation games. Right?

Last edited:
Years
Don't worry, I think Politoad isn't good pokemon and I never use it in games.

I like this "pokedex" and I'm pleased, there is no "rubbish" pokemon like Zubat, Rattata, Sentret, Geodude etc. It's bad, there isn't Steelix. Good job!

195-197 it's probably Dialga, Palkia, Giratina. :P

Also, I believe you will use Physical/Special/Other move classification from 4th/5th generation games. Right?

In regards to 195 - 197, I should probably not say if you're right or wrong or eventually people will know who it is if I keep it up lol.

And yes, the move classification from the later gen games. :)

Years
Im guessing everyone will be playing Black & White now that they are released/soon to be released. Which means all the fan made games will be slowly produced :(. I personally will not play the new games since I didnt like it when I played the japanese rom. I look forward to playing Pokemon Circle, SPEE, as well as all the other fan made games here in PokeCommunity as they offer a new experience. Anyway, hope to see a demo of Pokemon Circle soon. As for now, 00Vampire and everyone else, I shall see you after my wonderful Spring Break lol

Years
Im guessing everyone will be playing Black & White now that they are released/soon to be released. Which means all the fan made games will be slowly produced :(. I personally will not play the new games since I didnt like it when I played the japanese rom. I look forward to playing Pokemon Circle, SPEE, as well as all the other fan made games here in PokeCommunity as they offer a new experience. Anyway, hope to see a demo of Pokemon Circle soon. As for now, 00Vampire and everyone else, I shall see you after my wonderful Spring Break lol

I started playing Pokemon Black earlier, and was so bored that I turned off the DS before I even reached the second town. Couldn't help but think I'd wasted my money - although I suppose I didn't give it that much of a chance.

At the very least, it means it won't cut away from the time I'm spending making this game. So hopefully there's no reason for progress to slow down.

Obviously I'm only speaking for myself, and I hope the release of B/W doesn't hinder the progress of some fantastic fangames here in this community, which I'm also looking forward to more than I am returning to my Pokemon Black.

Hope you enjoy your Spring Break. :)

Years
I started Black earlier to, its not that bad after you get past like the 3rd town, it actually becomes pretty good, but most people back out before they even reach the 2nd town, because there so use to the recent gens.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Phrases!

3rd. How dare you not tell us all the legendaries in the game (my Fraot impersonation) lol
How dare you to say that?! It's my patented phrase...
Hahahahaha! Whatever.

@00Vampire
I see you made a VERY unique choice of pokémon. I can finaly play a Pokémon game(not made by myself) with no useless Pokémon!!!
I'll cry blood because of my hapiness.

But I'd choice Blaziken instead of Cyndaquil. Actually, Typhlosion and Charizard have exactly the same base stats but Typhlosion is ugglier than Charizard and Blaziken.

To say the truth, I'd choice Emboar as another Fire-type starter, since it's the strongest of them all; but, it's from Gen 5, so it doesn't count.

Years
Guess I have to come up with my own patented phrase lol

Now that the pokemon have been decided, which moveset will you be using for the game? I would assume Gen 4 since there are no Gen 5 pokemon in the game.

Years
I started Black earlier to, its not that bad after you get past like the 3rd town, it actually becomes pretty good, but most people back out before they even reach the 2nd town, because there so use to the recent gens.

Yeah, I'll have to get back to it sometime, and give it some more time to grab me. I just wish the developers would add a bit more variety to the beginning of the games - they don't always have to start the same.

How dare you to say that?! It's my patented phrase...
Hahahahaha! Whatever.

@00Vampire
I see you made a VERY unique choice of pokémon. I can finaly play a Pokémon game(not made by myself) with no useless Pokémon!!!
I'll cry blood because of my hapiness.

But I'd choice Blaziken instead of Cyndaquil. Actually, Typhlosion and Charizard have exactly the same base stats but Typhlosion is ugglier than Charizard and Blaziken.

To say the truth, I'd choice Emboar as another Fire-type starter, since it's the strongest of them all; but, it's from Gen 5, so it doesn't count.

Please don't cry blood, I'm sure it'd make quite a mess lol. :P
I actually think Blaziken is one of the ugliest starter Pokemon, but obviously that's just my opinion :). I'm glad Typhlosion is in as it's one of my favourites. :D

Guess I have to come up with my own patented phrase lol

Now that the pokemon have been decided, which moveset will you be using for the game? I would assume Gen 4 since there are no Gen 5 pokemon in the game.

I'm experimenting at the moment with a lot of different moves from each Gen, with different Pokemon, and seeing if I can work it into a possible feature which I may include.
Sorry if that's a bit vague. All will be revealed tomorrow, with screenshots :D.

Years
If you don't mind, I would like to help out with the movesets. I cant remember if you said there would be a breeder, move tutor, move relearner and things of that sort, but I personally think being able to learn certain moves, that don't require an intense amount of breeding, would be a plus. I can even make a guide that shows what level each pokemon learns each move. It is Sunday so I have all day to myself and most of tomorrow since my friends are not on the same spring break schedule as me :(

Years
A little bit late, but nevertheless, here's at least one promised screenshot:

Skills01.png

The new Skills Interface.​

Of particular note is the 'Link' button. Any time outside of battle, you can choose to link two moves together to preform a combo in battle - much like the Mystery Dungeon series. However, this comes at the cost of causing double the amount of fatigue when used.

I felt that I needed to add something new to battles, and I hope you like the idea. Let me know what you think. :)

More screenshots later.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
no i'm reffering to the pics you used for the, pokemon that are gonna be in the game

Fraot

Years
Hey, nice screenshot! I like how the interface is going.
Note: the interface, not the graphical environment.

Nevertheless, I don't know why, but I just don't like the way the texts are displayed. Are they images or real time texts? They look like images to me. And due to the screen size, some texts look ugly trying to fit.

You should use poccil's starter kit fonts, maybe LG/FR font. Just suggesting, not commanding.

Years
I apologise for lack of updates. They are due to real-life commitments that should subside within a week. Look out for some new updates then. :) Sorry once again.

Fraot

Years
It's ok. I have a lot of real-life stuff to do too. That's why I haven't posted my game here, hahaha. I'm too lazy to make a promise to update every determined time.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
really really genious work, especially the festures which make this more and more realistic than any other pokemon game, gd luck !!!

Years
I'm sorry about the delay, but there will definately be an update a week Sunday (or if something comes up, Monday at latest). :)

I'd like to take this time to give a big Thank You to DForte who has helped greatly with the construction of Move lists for each Pokemon. To show my gratitude, it's even mentioned in the first post. :)

Until Sunday, cheers.

Last edited:
Back