• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
This looks great!
016.jpg

There's a tile error on this screenshot.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
nice video,

but, It was too much fire-red for me and not anime like
misty wasn't actally the leader (one that day)
and Ash was going to get the badge and not battle Misty was upset about that so she challged Ash to a proper gym battle so he could propley earn the badge

so you should make Firered Misty be more like Anime Misty

I could do that, but then you couldn't battle the Sensational Sisters for more experience. But I wouldn't be against that.

Anyone else have an opinion on this? Let me know if you'd rather Ash come in, talk to the Sisters, have them try to give him a badge, then Misty suddenly appear to stop them and battle him as Gym Leader; or if it should stay as it, with battling the 3 Sisters as you make your way up to Misty and then having it continue as it does in the video.

I'll make it whichever way public demand dictates. :)

Actually, the Misty Sprite looks like the Anime Misty Sprite.
This Hack is set as a RPG Typed Hack, how do you except this to not look like
FR like?

Good vid, BTW, Metapod.
If you need help on Editing the OW Sprites, I'm here to help!

Also, is Staryu and Starmie the only Pokemon that Misty has during
the real Anime Gym Battle?

Thanks for the offer! If I can think of anything I'll let you know. Yes, in the Anime Misty battles Ash with only Staryu and Starmie.

Impressive, but some of the trainer and overworld sprites look funny.

If you post something specific I will try at some point to make it better.

This looks great!
016.jpg

There's a tile error on this screenshot.

Ah, I see it. It's the bottom right tree. I fixed it, thanks. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2009
If you post something specific I will try at some point to make it better.

Mainly Jessie & James's overworlds and battle sprites.

Some of the others like ash's back & front and Brock's battle sprite looks faded.

Brock's overworld.

I like Misty's overworld and battle sprite though.

Remember metapod23 this is all my opinion, so if you like it you can keep it and I'll still play it anyway.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
I like a hack that has the same history of the it encourages in the correct sequence that they happen, that really enchanted me, I just think it should improve, in the spriters and some mini spriters, that didn't have its outlines very well worked.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I've started a new job today, so progress will not be going as fast as it has been - I will continue to do what I can in my free time to get the game working, though.

Isn't Bulbasaur too light? His color looks like it's light green but too much

For Bulbasaur, I'm using a certain palette, so if I change the colors on the palette, it will affect other sprites that share the same pallet - that's what happened with the Ash sprite and I've been having to re-edit a lot of sprites to get rid of the green and I added to the pallet.

Mainly Jessie & James's overworlds and battle sprites.

Some of the others like ash's back & front and Brock's battle sprite looks faded.

Brock's overworld.

I like Misty's overworld and battle sprite though.

Remember metapod23 this is all my opinion, so if you like it you can keep it and I'll still play it anyway.

I understand, but it helps to have some comments on what needs improving.

Are u going to release it soon?

It may be a while before it's ready to release. I'll try to get a beta ready before too long.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
UPDATE: I pretty much finished redoing the Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle events and will move to Bill's Lighthouse and Vermilion City.

Also, con-11 has provided a new trainer sprite for Team Rocket which I have inserted into the game:

teamrocket.jpg

Last edited:

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
I would love to do some scripting for this hack if you want (I'm fairly good, I have done some level scripts and complex scripts for Death Spawn and Academy, and also the hack I'm working on)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
looks very good, do you know when you'll be coming to a beta?

I'm not sure of a date right now.

I would love to do some scripting for this hack if you want (I'm fairly good, I have done some level scripts and complex scripts for Death Spawn and Academy, and also the hack I'm working on)

I'll keep you in mind; I'm not sure right now what I'd need help with, but if/when I think of something I'll PM you and see what can be worked out. :)

Those sprites are looking good. Good luck with scripting

Thanks! :)

Back