• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
hey thanks for the reply, im at the ice cave where you get waterfall and i dont have surf i know you need it for the cave

any tips?

there should be platforms to walk on..? Did it a couple hours ago so I think my memory is correct >_<. Misty just gave it to me not too long ago after I beat bruce the gym leader. And that's after the cave so you're on the right track :D

Years
Hi guys,
ive got a question, where is the inferno mountain??
Go west and then south from Novella Town after the Dark Team's events there and after crossing the No Man's Land you will reach it

does anyone know where to get the HMs for surf and fly in this hack? thanks
HM Fly will be given to you by Kai's Dad in Underground city when you defeat KAYO there while Misty gives you HM03 Surf when you talk with her where she stands south of Montage Forrettress

Is there a way to get the Vs. Seeker?
Actually there are two VS Seeker in the game. A girl inside a Poke center in a city gives you and your rival also gives you on Atlantic Path when you defeat him

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
UPDATED ROM POSTED

Hey everyone. I took some time off from Dark Rising 2 to fix some things in this one. I haven't checked any post on the thread, but I know my buddy alienhunterx and others are assisting everyone really well. Now,, here are a few things fixed in the update. The last is the one you'll all enjoy the most:

-Drilbur & Scrafty's names have been fixed

-A few in-game errors reported from alienhunterx have been fixed.

- And last, ALL Wild Pokemon starting from Twist Woodlands-Forbidden Sands have had their level increased, ranging between 4-11 levels. This will help a lot when leveling up your Pokemon. The wild Pokemon all have really high levels, enough to gain some serious exp points after defeating them. I know the grinding in the hack was really slow and a difficult process to go through. Now, you shouldn't have to worry about that anymore.

And away I go again, to finish creating the sequel ^.^
(Debating if I should release a beta for the sequel or release it when the entire hack is complete. It's freakin epic so far!)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I've come across a 'bad egg' which I received from the day care lady, whenever I view it my rom restarts. Does the egg hatch or is this just a bug?
It's a bug, just leave them there and don't do anything with them.
I've got full box amount of bad eggs but nothing has happened to my game as I know that they ARE created in hacks but are not dangerous if left alone.

@DRG: Still... grinding on wild Pokémon doesn't give that much EXP :/ Re-battling with trainers would be nicer :D :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
Thanks,My Friend.When Will Karravblast Evolve To Escavalier

DRGirl I Have A Bug.When I Win The Gym Badge In Flamen City It Is The 8th Gym Badge In My Trainer Card.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
^^

345234m.png

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2013
Can someone please help me i just went to Novella town and Beat the Lab but now im completely stuck and have no idea what to do??? Any help where to go next wood be helpfull, thanks :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
UPDATED ROM POSTED
- And last, ALL Wild Pokemon starting from Twist Woodlands-Forbidden Sands have had their level increased, ranging between 4-11 levels. This will help a lot when leveling up your Pokemon. The wild Pokemon all have really high levels, enough to gain some serious exp points after defeating them. I know the grinding in the hack was really slow and a difficult process to go through. Now, you shouldn't have to worry about that anymore.

This is going to help so much. I've been stuck in Waters Cavern because I can't get past the guy with a lvl30 Bastiodon. My levels aren't the problem in this case, with the exception of Feebas they're only 3-5 levels behind, but my Pokemon can't touch it and get wrecked by Iron Head and Ancientpower. Now it should be much faster to level up Feebas and Bagon till they evolve and they should be able to take it on then.

Last edited:

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
@Ash493: Well, you did use 2 legendaries. :PP
@DRG: Make a beta. Even for just halfway the hack. Just for bug-spotting. Right?

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
when will dark rising 2 come out? plsss answer I finished it 3 times -_- and still waiting for dark rising 2

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
2n9gvac.png

...and finally, at around 71 hrs, I've beaten it.

Overall, it was a pretty entertaining game. My only complaint is the difficulty, though. To me, there's a fine line between hard/challenging and unreasonable. While I love challenging games, this one took it way out there, often driving me to the point of frustration and insanity. Many times, I found myself grinding levels just to get past one tough trainer. My Pokemon ended up all being Lv100 by the end, and even so, I still had trouble, especially with that jerk of a final boss. xD

The game is still a bit buggy, most notably where certain scripted events reoccur if you happen to go back to that area later. Though not game-breaking in any way, I found myself using the battles from these events to grind a little as well. xD

And Adrian. Oh sweet Arceus, Adrian. He's almost unreasonably difficult. I wonder if I'm the only one to beat him without a Ferrothorn. The battle with him took so many restarts(and savestates), it isn't funny. It was mainly his Mewtwo, Lugia, and Cresselia that kept screwing me over.

I don't think there are any post-game stuff, so I guess I'll end my playthrough there. Good luck on the sequel, and here's hoping it's difficulty is toned down significantly. I'll be looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thanks again ASH for the answer. You buddy should extract the IPS file from the rar file using either WinZip or WinRaR. By the way I still don't know what are you saying???
WinZip does not support *rar files.

@Ash493: Well, you did use 2 legendaries. :P
Yeah, so?

And Adrian. Oh sweet Arceus, Adrian. He's almost unreasonably difficult. I wonder if I'm the only one to beat him without a Ferrothorn. The battle with him took so many restarts(and savestates), it isn't funny. It was mainly his Mewtwo, Lugia, and Cresselia that kept screwing me over.
What's Ferrothorn? It's so overrrated that I've never used it.
Umbreon FTW as a staller.

Back