• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmas

General
Years
I've searched quite a bit and simply cannot find the answer to my questions.

1) I've inserted a new Pokémon from scratch and I would like to edit the Pokédex data. YAPE doesn't let me do so; it only lets me edit existing Pokédex data. I know it has something to do with finding free space and repointing the Pokémon's data to the Pokédex, but I'd like to know exactly how to do it.​

2) I'm using Poké Edit Pro and I want to insert a new attack to my new Pokémon, or Insert New Table. What do I put in the Start Offset area? Or would I leave it the way it is?​

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I've searched quite a bit and simply cannot find the answer to my questions.

1) I've inserted a new Pokémon from scratch and I would like to edit the Pokédex data. YAPE doesn't let me do so; it only lets me edit existing Pokédex data. I know it has something to do with finding free space and repointing the Pokémon's data to the Pokédex, but I'd like to know exactly how to do it.​

2) I'm using Poké Edit Pro and I want to insert a new attack to my new Pokémon, or Insert New Table. What do I put in the Start Offset area? Or would I leave it the way it is?​

1.)You can't have any new entries. Just replace it's number with another's.

2.)Most free space finding applications start at offset 0x800000. I'd start there.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2010
1. Can I have different palletes depending on which map I am?
(Going trough a cave to end up in a autumn place thing e.g.)

2. How do I edit the townmap?
(BG and FG?)

3. Are there any events that have to stay in the game in order to make sure I don't screw up later on?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
This should be a pretty simple question, but in Firered, does anyone know how I could possibly make the player start out with the National Dex?

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2010
okay so, i a newbie at this, but i REALLY need a program to hack the pokemon text. Advanced-text simply wont work on my computer and ive tried downloading the required .dll files and all that nonsense.(I did it on a second computer and it still did not work) but anyway, what programs can I use to edit the text in pokemon firered BESIDES advanced text and thingy32(that didnt work ethier).

NVM, figured it out

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Hey, I have a question about sprite and player movement. I want my sprite to walk through a door and my player to follow. How do I get the sprite and player through a specific door? I've tried walking upwards but instead of opening the door and going in, the sprite and player just walk over the tile.

Could someone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance :)

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
rbgy compressed sprites

Hi everybody! I've been searching for this about two days so don't get angry if my question has already been answered, 'cause i couldn't really find it..
How can I add and change sprites of pokemon (the compressed ones, like in-battle, front and back, pokedex), in rbgy version (old gameboy!!)? If the solution involves ASM is it there a tutorial?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Hi everybody! I've been searching for this about two days so don't get angry if my question has already been answered, 'cause i couldn't really find it..
How can I add and change sprites of pokemon (the compressed ones, like in-battle, front and back, pokedex), in rbgy version (old gameboy!!)? If the solution involves ASM is it there a tutorial?

There's a tool called AGIXP, I don't know if it supports R/B/Y but its better if you go check. There's a link on WAH.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Hey, I have a question about sprite and player movement. I want my sprite to walk through a door and my player to follow. How do I get the sprite and player through a specific door? I've tried walking upwards but instead of opening the door and going in, the sprite and player just walk over the tile.

Could someone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance :)
There is a special XSE command for opening&closing door animations.

Use it like this:
setdooropened 0x(X pos) 0x(Y pos)
doorchange
setdoorclosed 0x(X pos) 0x(Y pos)
doorchange
Hope this helps!

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
There's a tool called AGIXP, I don't know if it supports R/B/Y but its better if you go check. There's a link on WAH.
I've already tried it but unfortunately it doesn't work with R/B/Y..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2010
1. Can I have different palletes depending on which map I am?
(Going trough a cave to end up in a autumn place thing e.g.)

2. How do I edit the townmap?
(BG and FG?)

3. Are there any events that have to stay in the game in order to make sure I don't screw up later on?

Never mind question 2.
But I really do wanna know the first one however.

Nickamina

Veteran Trainer
Years
I have a question. There is most probably an obvious answer but I couldn't find it anywhere; apologies if this is idiotic.

I'm hacking LeafGreen.
As part of a script I want the character being talked to, to ask me to save my game before I continue (e.g. used by pokemon centers, daycare couple, start menu).

How would I do this in PKSV?
[A good example of kind of what I mean is the dialogue used by the woman behind the counter in Trainer House (G/S/C) before you continue into the arena.]

Thanks in advance.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
Hello all. I am working on a ROM hack and need help with something. I edited some of the events in the Pokemon league for Fire Red. I wanted to know how I can go to that part without playing through the entire game. I'm too lazy to do that. Please help. I basically want to debug, so to speak, to make sure it runs the way I want.

Thanks!

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@rockman0:
Use AR codes. You could use the 'walk through walls' code or a warp code.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2010
okay, this is driving me CRAZY. i want to add more signs to my towns. I can do that, the problem is how to get them into advanced text so i can write what they say. can anybody help?

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
@rockman0:
Use AR codes. You could use the 'walk through walls' code or a warp code.

I kind of figured that was what I was supposed to do. But I can't find any "warp codes." I did find a "walk through walls" code though. Guess I'll have to use that. Any ideas where a warp code can be found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back