• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Returning Characters (Speculation)

Cid

Years
I always thought Cheren would be more like Blue if he ever reappeared. Unless they make N the Blue counterpart. Instead, Hilbert/Hilda would sound like a better expy of Red if they also make cameos, but I'm leaning towards Hilda being that person. They couldn't possibly both reappear, can they?

Cid

Years
Right, Cheren would remove the problem of just one main protagonist (either Hilbert or Hilda) reappearing with the other being a Schrödinger's Player Character. Maybe if Bianca returned, she'd be a Gym Leader, although I always thought she'd turn out to be a professor or researcher instead like Professor Juniper.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...no, if she returns I'd not like her to be a gym leader. :( She's gotta have some other role, model, professor, something but a gym leader, she'd not be great oGod.

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
I could really see Alder still being the champion since the Post-game in Black/White is not needed to be done Steven could maybe make an apperence the same way they had Cynthia apper.
Cheren seems more likely to be a gym leader i just don't see him being anything other then that and if Hilbert or Hilda apper they should have an apperence like Reds.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd also like to see Fennel return btw, to re-introduce the Dream World to all of us. Perhaps she could've moved to the other side of Unova in 2 years? :3 It felt like all she got in B/W was an annoying role and it'd be nice for her to have a non-annoying role in B2/W2.

Cid

Years
I would love that for Fennel. Especially if they put more emphasis in the Dream World this time. However, they almost never make enough ascended extras in the games so that might be a problem.

One notable exception though, Wallace, which brings me to another point: I'm also still thinking that Alder will be replaced, because I'm getting an Emerald vibe here. Sure Wallace was a Gym Leader but his step-up was quite big, comparable to something like Fennel getting a more important role.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I want Hilda/Hilbert to return, but I don't see them playing a huge part at all. They'll probably make a short appearance, or be in a building somewhere in Unova saying little. Maybe they might help us with the whole Kyurem thing too, but probably not a big part of it.

Alder, I'd want back without being the champion of Unova.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I'd like Bianca to return, she's my favorite character of the Pokemon series. Hopefully, if she gets a Professor role, she will atleast have some importantance ;w;

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I want to see Hilbert, Hilda, Cheren and Bianca and find out their status in these sequels. Also Im really hoping for the return of N and Ghetsis, I liked N a lot and I personally dont think N's story is over, I think it will continue in B2/W2.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would love that for Fennel. Especially if they put more emphasis in the Dream World this time. However, they almost never make enough ascended extras in the games so that might be a problem.

One notable exception though, Wallace, which brings me to another point: I'm also still thinking that Alder will be replaced, because I'm getting an Emerald vibe here. Sure Wallace was a Gym Leader but his step-up was quite big, comparable to something like Fennel getting a more important role.

Well Fennel could also become the regional professor too! :3

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
They can't just make it Hilbert. Girls play Pokemon, too. I think if they do do that I'd like to see Hilda make an appearrance if you pick the girl.
I feel if they do reappear this will be the scenario based off the selection you made. I am curious though if they do what their relationship would be to the Protags, since they look like relatives to me. Maybe cousins perhaps.

I'd want to see Eusine make a return! Chasing Suicune across the Unova region.
Seems a bit random really. Suicune going great distances across the ocean from Johto does seem like it would happen.

I always thought Cheren would be more like Blue if he ever reappeared. Unless they make N the Blue counterpart. Instead, Hilbert/Hilda would sound like a better expy of Red if they also make cameos, but I'm leaning towards Hilda being that person. They couldn't possibly both reappear, can they?
That's how I felt Cheren, its just a matter of is he Champ Blue or Gym Leader Blue. N seems like he is a entity unto himself not really fitting any past prototype but his own. He may serve as a helper role in over throwing the bad guys like say Lance, Steven, Cynthia.

If Cheren were to reappear, I think it would be similar to that of Red or Steven. I think he'd have his own little cave in Victory Road that's only accessible after the Pokémon league/main story.
Alder strikes me more of the Red and Steven role being a past champ that retired from the League and is traveling the region abroad like he already was doing in BW. I never felt he was fully commented to being the Champ anyways since the League requested him to be. And when he was called back he didn't really seem to jubilant

...no, if she returns I'd not like her to be a gym leader. :( She's gotta have some other role, model, professor, something but a gym leader, she'd not be great oGod.
Yeah I don't see her as a gym leader either. I think she already came to the realization that battling wasn't the thing for her around the middle of the game. Especially since he took the role as "body guard" of Cedric which I think she used as a front for saying "Player & Cheren I know I am not as good as you but I wish you best of luck." She could definitely fit any of the roles mentioned or she could try her hand at Musicals and play a role in that field of the game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I never liked Fennel much...She was too peppy.

Well yeah your post is also a reason why she needs a greater role in B2/W2, because her character wasn't really that likeable in B/W due to "her being a troll" in relation to the DW. :x

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
They can't just make it Hilbert. Girls play Pokemon, too. I think if they do do that I'd like to see Hilda make an appearrance if you pick the girl.
I've had similar sentiments since HG/SS, when GF left out another female player character from the game. This error better not be repeated in B2/W2.

But in all honesty, I'd rather not see Hilbert/Hilda appear in some capacity where you have to fight them. Even if the dilemma of which of the pair appears, you still have to settle the issue of who's on their team and what starter they have.

Never cared much for Alder, and I'd rather his journeys take him elsewhere.

Fennel needs to do something besides dump the C-Gear on us and I keep associating that name with a man's because I had a math professor with that last name and I can't get the image of a 60-something year old man out of my head whenever she's mentioned :/. So yeah, if she's coming back, give her some purpose that's storyline-related.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'd like Bianca to return, she's my favorite character of the Pokemon series. Hopefully, if she gets a Professor role, she will atleast have some importantance ;w;
If Akuroma is evil as we predict, obviously his plans are going to be revealed and later he'll be fired from the position of being the regional professor. If Bianca returns, she could take up his spot from this!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Bianca, Cheren, Blue, Cynthia, Misty, Brock, Giovanni, Lance, and Steven are said to be returning. What their role is, however, is still unknown. Images of Coro Coro Magazine featuring each of the said characters have been revealed.

Bianca takes a role in giving the protagonist their starter Pokemon, as a favor for Juniper. Apparently she is indeed Juniper's assistant.

Alder also appears early in the game, and asks the player to follow him. To do what, however, is yet to be said.

Cheren returns as a Normal type Gym Leader.

Apparently there is some mentioning of N, as well as the appearance of at least one of the Seven Sages.

Brycen- still keeping his position (supposedly) as Iccirus City's Gym Leader, as well as being the FATHER of Homika.

Some Gym Leaders from previous games can be seen and battled through the Pokemon World Tournament located within the game.

...I'm getting more excited and giddy the more I hear. <3

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Bianca, Cheren, Blue, Cynthia, Misty, Brock, Giovanni, Lance, and Steven are said to be returning. What their role is, however, is still unknown. Images of Coro Coro Magazine featuring each of the said characters have been revealed.

Bianca takes a role in giving the protagonist their starter Pokemon, as a favor for Juniper. Apparently she is indeed Juniper's assistant.

Alder also appears early in the game, and asks the player to follow him. To do what, however, is yet to be said.

Cheren returns as a Normal type Gym Leader.

Apparently there is some mentioning of N, as well as the appearance of at least one of the Seven Sages.

Brycen- still keeping his position (supposedly) as Iccirus City's Gym Leader, as well as being the FATHER of Homika.

Some Gym Leaders from previous games can be seen and battled through the Pokemon World Tournament located within the game.

...I'm getting more excited and giddy the more I hear. <3
If you look at the CoroCoro scan of the past Gym Leaders carefully, there's also Erica and a few others. Will we get to battle them all?

SO glad that Bianca, Cheren and N are making reappearances. Bianca looks really cute, but I'm kind of iffy on Cheren's new style.

Though the only one we need to left to confirm is Ghetsis. & There's still a page from the scans we haven't seen (where they cut it off from the female protagonist) and maybe he could be there.

I can't wait to see what N is up to. Also is it just me, or does he look younger?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

I can't wait to see what N is up to. Also is it just me, or does he look younger?

I thought that, too! D:
Maybe it's because his smile seems like he's actually HAPPY, now. Where as before he was sad and emo and junk and ready to blow up all the people. It looks like Team Plasma itself is back, but very...uh, humble looking, now. Apart from their costumes, they seem to be living in shared quarters. Almost looks like an apartment. Maybe N himself lives there!

Back