• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon do you really like that many other people think is a fail Pokémon?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
What Pokémon do you really like that many other Pokémon fans just say is a fail Pokémon or not to many people seem to like?

I've heard plenty of people call Reshiram a fail and I'm obsessed!!! so that would be mine...

Sirfetch’d

Castform! I always love to state my adoration for this little guy, but unfortunately others just seem to think he isn't a great Pokemon. While I know he will never be a popular choice among Pokemon fans at least give him a chance. He is a cute Pokemon with an interesting gimmick, he has a superb movepool, and when using him in-game he can become an invaluable teammate. I cannot express my love for this little guy!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I haven't heard anyone say that Reshiram is a "fail" tbh. Most people seem to think it's a cool legendary.

Castform sure is special :) I never liked using it much in the games because of its very special movepool and fighting style, but I've been wanting to try playing with it in a roleplay at some point.

As for me, hm, maybe Octillery and Remoraid! Those are really cool pokémon, considering what kind of attacks they can learn and Octillery's great design. They are cannons. In one RP, I had the trainer carry its Remoraid like a large gun under his arm in battle xD That was quite epic. But I have a feeling most people don't like them much.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Probably Minccino or Cinccino. I think they're super cute and they're pretty decent if you breed them with some egg moves for a little move diversity. I always try to breed one with Aqua Tail and Iron Tail whenever I restart my White Version to use for my team! :b

Years
Sigilyph for sure, I underestimated that thing at first but after using one in Black 2 I was kinda impressed how well it performed in battle. It gets a pretty decent versatile moveset and its stats are pretty good for something with no evolution line. It can also perform a lot of different roles on the team too!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Musharna. I used it on White and I loved it. With hypnosis, Musharna quickly became one of the top pokemon in my party. Competitively it leaves a little to be desired, but in game it has everything you're looking for.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Many people have criticized the Diglett line for looking like dicks, but I actually found them helpful in ROM hacks.

Also the Vanillite line. I think they're cute, and they're pretty good in Pokemon Blaze Black and Volt White. If you don't believe me, you should play the games yourself.

Then there's the Ferroseed line. They seem to get quite a bit of hate around here. However, I've used Ferrothorn in Pokemon White, and it became one of my favourite Pokemon of all time.

Tangrowth is pretty much in the same boat as the Ferroseed line. Many people claim that Tangela didn't need it, but I disagree. Tangrowth is strong, bulky, and cute!

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Eelektross, Gardevoir, Chandelure, Gengar
These are my favorites, and I don't think many folks would call em fail

Years
I hate Sigilyph with a passion. It's so defensive and ugly and using cosmic power and stored power and psycho shift ugh it just doesn't die. Charizard sucks in battle, and Arcanine doesn't live up to its base stat total? but everybody loves them. Samurott turned out to be disappointing battling wise but everybody loves it as well. Houndoom maybe - I don't think it's much of an underdog but it's a bit under the radar, unless it's not.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I'm not sure about the general consensus, but I'm pretty sure I've seen some hate for Torterra and the 4th Gen starters as a whole. I freaking love Torterra's design, typing, moves, etc. If it were lightning fast, that'd be sick, but it is a turtle.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Many people may not like Grumpig, but I do. It's got a better-looking design than most pig Pokémon that we have currently, such as Pignite and Emboar. This Pokémon doesn't have good stats or movepool, but it could still win you a few battles if you use it wisely. I also like Corsola. It's a very cute Pokémon, in my opinion, but most people just don't seem to care for it. D:

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Rhyhorn of course.
Doesn't because it have a lot of weakness doesn't mean it ain't strong.
I think it's the most badass look Pokemon of 3rd gen, It's the strong of the strong.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I only know two people besides me who like Probopass. :( People insult it all the time and it's one of my all-time favourites, so it makes me sad to see all the hate for it. To be fair, I really disliked Nosepass before fourth gen so I understand why people dislike Probopass (because my initial reaction to it was "why the heck does Nosepass need an evolution... did ANYONE even like it?"). So it makes me sad to know it's hated, but it doesn't confuse me, I suppose.

I also really like Vanillite which seems to be fairly unpopular as well, but I don't think it actually gets nearly the same amount of hate that Probopass does so it "merely" feels disliked to me. Vanillite is adorable though and I died a little of happy when I saw it for the first time, so I don't really understand why people don't like it in the first place. It's not like it's the first time Pokemon have been based on items before in the past--even in first gen we had Pokemon like Magnemite. All the arguments against it just seem tired and lame.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
The entire Vanillite line and Oshawott.

i don't think a lot of people like espeon or clefairy. i love them.
I daresay Oshawott and Espeon are two very popular pokémon, just so you know. So feel happy that your beloved pokémon species probably aren't as loathed as you think!

Vanillite, I agree with though :x also Clefairy, I don't see many people talking about it or wanting to use it (or Clefable) much at all.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Can just like... put a list down or something? Because I like a lot of Pokemon that seem to be unpopular. Including, Vanillite, Corsola, Castform, Bellossom, Clefairy, and so forth. They're adorable and I don't care if they're not strong or anything they're still - in my opinion - great Pokemon.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Garbador, just because it's made out of trash people hate it. And yet they like Muk, lol...

Pikachu, people hates him because he's too popular. Damn hipsters.

Emolga, I really don't know why a lot of people hate Emolga. I mean, sure it ain't very good battle wise, but it's design and it's voice in the anime is just too adorable.

Back