• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero KickStarter - In its Final Hour

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

This game has been up for a while on Kickstarter and personally I think it is great, I've played the original on the Game Boy Color as well and its a fun adventure. I'm not going to ask for anyone to visit the page, but I am asking for a discussion on the topic, anyone's opinions?

Have you played the Shantae series?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I have played the original Shantae on GBC but I haven't played the sequel since it was never released in my region. Hopefully all future Shantae games will be released in my region so I'm not limited to watching Let's Plays because the games look quite fun.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Woh really I loved the one on the Gameboy Color. Cannot believe it needs kickstarter.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've never been able to play the original Shantae game, but I did play the one made for Nintendo DSi. It was called Shantae: Risky's Revenge, if I remember correctly. :) The game actually wasn't very bad. It had good humor in it, and the gameplay was quite deep. The graphics were very bright and colorful as well, which I was a huge fan of. It cost twelve-thousand Nintendo points to download Risky's Revenge though, which was a bit pricey, but it was definitely worth it.

This game never got the chance to make it to the big leagues, unfortunately, because it was too similar to a lot of other DSiWare games that were being released at that time, such as Rayman, Castle of Magic, Antipole, Cave Story, and more. If it offered something that the others did not, maybe the ability to make free movements, then I'm sure that more people would've downloaded this game. d:

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to their latest game, Half-Genie Hero. I'm not exactly sure if they're going have any features in it other than the ones listed on its Kickstarter page, but if they are, then one way or the other, I'd really them to give us access to free-roaming.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I've always wanted to play a Shantae game, but I never had. I really need to try one out some time!

Back