• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2012
i have two mewto cards, which are different from each other. one is very old and the other is newer and has glitter and stuff in the picture

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Just wondering how much is a complete full 1st edition with stamp shadowless base, jungle and fossil set worth ?? All 228 cards all in mint condition ??

thanks

Years
Hi, my friend has this card and wants to know how much it's worth;
images

Ancient Mew is worth between $2 and $4. (that's both USD and AUD).

i have two mewto cards, which are different from each other. one is very old and the other is newer and has glitter and stuff in the picture

I need info more than that to price them! Maybe you can upload pictures as attachments to your next post? Uploading attachments is done via the Full Reply page, and the options to upload are below the box where you type your post up.

Just wondering how much is a complete full 1st edition with stamp shadowless base, jungle and fossil set worth ?? All 228 cards all in mint condition ??

thanks

Based on the prices I'm seeing about, the Base Set could catch as high as $600 by itself. Jungle and Fossil will probably catch $200 each. Depends on their condition, though.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Really is that all ?? I thought 1st edition would be alot more, oh well thanks

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
You kind of missed the boat on that, at least for now. Collectors aren't seeking those sets so much at the moment.

But why ??

I don't understand why they wouldnt be the most sort after of them all as surely they are the rarest pokemon set available ??

Porynoir

Cool like that...
Years
How much would 700 loose commons and uncommons ranging from any set be? Just an estimate please.

Years
But why ??

I don't understand why they wouldnt be the most sort after of them all as surely they are the rarest pokemon set available ??

There are a few sets that are harder to come by due to limited sales of those sets, but the actual reason is simply that the vast majority of collectors with the money to buy complete sets already have those sets completed.

How much would 700 loose commons and uncommons ranging from any set be? Just an estimate please.

Your best bet would probably be to list them for between $50 and $75... some might be willing to pay more, but that's the range I think would guarantee a sell and sits closest to the general market value of what 700 commons and uncommons would be worth.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2012
99% of my cards are the standard pokemon trading cards but I also have some that say 'Pocket Monster Card Game' on the back, and the writing on them is in Japanese. Does anybody know the value of these, all are holographic (shiny)

#59 Blaine's Arcanine - Gym Leader Blaine
#068 Dark Machamp - Team Rocket
#080 Dark Slowbro - Team Rocket
#172 Pichu - Neo Base Set
#150 Rocket's Mewtwo - Gym Expansion #1 - Team Rocket

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post pictures if necessary.

:)

EDIT: just read first post, sorry for posting one more than 4 cards.
Plus, I have discovered I have a FULL set of the base set cards 102/102, and 64/64 jungle cards. How much are these fetching?

Last edited:
Years
99% of my cards are the standard pokemon trading cards but I also have some that say 'Pocket Monster Card Game' on the back, and the writing on them is in Japanese. Does anybody know the value of these, all are holographic (shiny)

#59 Blaine's Arcanine - Gym Leader Blaine
#068 Dark Machamp - Team Rocket
#080 Dark Slowbro - Team Rocket
#172 Pichu - Neo Base Set
#150 Rocket's Mewtwo - Gym Expansion #1 - Team Rocket

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post pictures if necessary.

:)

EDIT: just read first post, sorry for posting one more than 4 cards.
Plus, I have discovered I have a FULL set of the base set cards 102/102, and 64/64 jungle cards. How much are these fetching?

Going off of memory on those Japanese cards, as it's getting late and I don't feel like hunting down prices right now, I think Dark Machamp and Dark Slowbro would fetch between $2 and $4, while Pichu and Blaine's Arcanine would catch $4 to $6, and Rocket's Mewtwo would probably fetch $5 to $7. Remind me to get back to you on those later.

As for the sets, it depends on whether it's all unlimited print (without the 1st edition stamp, which is a black circle with a 1 in it), all 1st edition, or a mixture of the two.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 4, 2019
Hello all! I was seeing if anyone here could tell me what the following cards are worth. Thanks! =]

Charizard base set 1
Condition: Mint/Near mint- No scratches at all, not even on the holo portion, but there is a tiny bit of whitening at the top of the card on the backside; it isn't noticeable when you're not looking for it.

Mewtwo Lv. x Legends awaken 144/146
Condition: No scratches, however on the backside there is a few nicks of whitening; only noticeable at the bottom

Crystal Lugia Aquapolis
Condition: Mint: no wear or scratches at all.

Last edited:

SadNumel

I'm a very,very SadNumel.
Years
Dark Charazaird Star Mint, No scratches. Never touched without the protective cover for 4 years.

Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2012
Going off of memory on those Japanese cards, as it's getting late and I don't feel like hunting down prices right now, I think Dark Machamp and Dark Slowbro would fetch between $2 and $4, while Pichu and Blaine's Arcanine would catch $4 to $6, and Rocket's Mewtwo would probably fetch $5 to $7. Remind me to get back to you on those later.

As for the sets, it depends on whether it's all unlimited print (without the 1st edition stamp, which is a black circle with a 1 in it), all 1st edition, or a mixture of the two.

BASE SET, JUNGLE SET, neither are first edition, except the Machamp card is first edition.

I also have 60/62 FOSSIL SET, none first edition. 2 cards missing are Holographic Dragonite, and none holographic Hypno. Am I best selling these holographics individually and giving away the none holographics?

Also have holographic Charizard, and holographic Dark Charizard neither are first edition.
Holographic Dark Gyarados, 8/82, not first edition.
Holographic Dark Alakazam, 1/82, Non-holographic dark alakazam 26/82., neither first edition

Are base set twos worth anything? I have a few of them, including base set 2 holographic Nidoqueen.

Gym Challenge
28/132 - Lt. Surge's Jolteon
30/132 - Sabrina's Golduck

Are there any webpages with up to date guides to save you helping all the time. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Just from my thread about collecting the entire original set. A guy asked about a shadowless machamp. and Donavannj said around $8.00.

In reply to that. There is absolutely no way they are worth just $8.00 considering the only way you can get a shadowless machamp is in a shadowless theme deck and those theme decks are very much non-existant these days.

The machamp in shadowless is also considered true first edition by many. So the $60 dollar price is pretty accurate for mine and although it was never a popular card it's ridiculously rare to most other 1st edition cards that you can actually buy in sealed packs.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2012
I have a holo aerodactyl pre release first edition
what does pre release mean on it and how much is it worth.

also i have some first edition commons how much are those worth?
and uncommon?

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2012
Hi, I have a few questions about a couple typo cards I found in my old collection

Murkrow - Supreme Victors - 72/147
Error: k in Murkrow is capitalized, misspelling of the words opponents(no t), including (eacluding) and spotted (spottde)

Gabite - Supreme Victors - 59/147
Error: Missing t in the word opponent

Carnivine- Supreme Victors - 53/147
Error: Pokemon (Pok e mon)

Yanmega - Supreme Victors 14/147
Error: Pokemon (Pok e mon)

Wailord - Supreme Victors 47/147
Error: Word Whale isn't capitalized

droomph

weeb
Years
Dunno about this as I'm just curious, but...

Pikachu - Black & White 115/114, holographic w/ thunderbolt foil pattern down middle, silver star. Nothing incredibly special other than the fully holofoiled front and description.

Just curious because I saw this card listed as $20 or something on an online store and I happen to have it...if it's not actually rare just tell me a rough estimate I guess. I don't want to waste y'alls time.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Hi,
I just came across a bunch of my old cards and was hoping for some ballpark numbers. All cards are mint/near mint condition.
1) Full base set (102)
2) Full jungle set (64)
3) Full fossil set (62)

If you can't price whole sets, could you please let me know what Charizard, Venosaur, and Blastoise from the base set are worth? I assume those are kind of the big three from my sets in terms of value. Thank you very much for helping out.

bartvanaken

As dutch as a windmill.
Years
I have a holo aerodactyl pre release first edition
what does pre release mean on it and how much is it worth.

also i have some first edition commons how much are those worth?
and uncommon?

Your Aerodactyl is €4. Prerelease is just a cardrelease before the set comes out. most 1st edition uncommons are €1,- the prices of commons vary because of misprints and what not.. check the site I posted below.

Dunno about this as I'm just curious, but...

Pikachu - Black & White 115/114, holographic w/ thunderbolt foil pattern down middle, silver star. Nothing incredibly special other than the fully holofoiled front and description.

Just curious because I saw this card listed as $20 or something on an online store and I happen to have it...if it's not actually rare just tell me a rough estimate I guess. I don't want to waste y'alls time.

€15,- in mint condition.

Hi,
I just came across a bunch of my old cards and was hoping for some ballpark numbers. All cards are mint/near mint condition.
1) Full base set (102)
2) Full jungle set (64)
3) Full fossil set (62)

If you can't price whole sets, could you please let me know what Charizard, Venosaur, and Blastoise from the base set are worth? I assume those are kind of the big three from my sets in terms of value. Thank you very much for helping out.

Base set: € 450.00 (1st Edition), € 100.00 (Shadowless, unlimited), € 60.00 (unlimited)

Jungle set: € 90.00 (1st Edition), € 60.00 (unlimited)

Fossil set: € 90.00 (1st edition), € 60.00 (unlimited)

Base set January 2010, Jungle and Fossil April 2011, Beckett Pokémon Unofficial Collector.

Hope this helps :-)

BASE SET, JUNGLE SET, neither are first edition, except the Machamp card is first edition.

I also have 60/62 FOSSIL SET, none first edition. 2 cards missing are Holographic Dragonite, and none holographic Hypno. Am I best selling these holographics individually and giving away the none holographics?

Also have holographic Charizard, and holographic Dark Charizard neither are first edition.
Holographic Dark Gyarados, 8/82, not first edition.
Holographic Dark Alakazam, 1/82, Non-holographic dark alakazam 26/82., neither first edition

Are base set twos worth anything? I have a few of them, including base set 2 holographic Nidoqueen.

Gym Challenge
28/132 - Lt. Surge's Jolteon
30/132 - Sabrina's Golduck

Are there any webpages with up to date guides to save you helping all the time. :)

actually, there is. it's a dutch site though... http://www.pokemon-paradijs.com/ruilkaarten/ruilkaarten.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back