• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Buying Pre-Owned Diamond and Pearl?

This seemed appropriate for this board, but if it isn't I'm sorry in advance! I did check Google too, but I'm awful at price comparing 8(

My boyfriend and I are going to buy Diamond and Pearl this Christmas - I'm getting Diamond and he's getting Pearl - but as full-time college students... we want them as cheap as possible.

I have no idea where I can get cheap pre-owned copies of DP, I checked Best Buy ($20) and GameStop ($25) but if anyone knows of any other way to buy them (we don't want to order online) that's wallet friendly, we'd love to know! :3

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I got my Diamond version from EB Games (GameStop for some of you) for around 20$ used, usually it was 25$ or 30$(not sure about 30$ tho)
You could always try going to flea markets and checking the prices over there, they're always cheaper at flea markets.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
There is one flea market I frequent but they never really have DS games... I've found multiple copies of RBY and GSC at some of their stands though cx

I'm looking to see if Walmart or Target have any still in stock, but I'm not sure if they're even still being sold new retail-wise?​

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm not sure about D/P/Pt, but they do have have HG/SS for 35$-40$ in Walmart. Which is about 10-5$ more than D/P/Pt. You could always check tho.

*Keep in mind that I live in Canada, so if you live in USA, your prices should be lower than mines*

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Honestly, I think Gamestop is your best bet, if you go anywhere else, they are likely to charge you the orginal price (Which was like 34.99, if my memory serves me right).

Years
Aside from trying to find it online somewhere (eBay, Craigslist, etc.), it looks like your best bet would be Best Buy if they still are $20. Having been to the stores around here at least, $25-$30 seems to be the price of the games- even the used ones.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You should both buy Platinum instead. Diamond and Pearl are just nasty nasty nasty creations and Platinum is a gift from the Lord baby Jesus. Praise Dale. But seriously, Diamond and Pearl run slowly and have a crappy Pokedex of Pokemon to choose from. It's also got more to do in the post-game and is generally just a better game. Though if you already have Platinum, then ignore what I'm saying. XD DP are my least favorite in the series though, so I feel like I should rescue you or something. lol

Back to money matters though, you could consider buying used copies at GameStop. I think I've seen them go for around $29.99. The eBay route might be better, and luckily this being a DS game, they're not as commonly faked as the GBA Pokemon games.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm going to second what Sydian said about Pt > DP. You need to replace Diamond and Pearl with Platinum. It's faster, it has a much larger variety of Pokemon to choose from, train and battle and its post-game is by far way better. Anyway, as this is more of a question/query, I'll move it into the 4th Gen Help Thread.

Moved.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
Hey guys and gals. So, I wanted to check out some wifi action (first time), but it says "NO COMPATIBLE ACCESS POINT IN RANGE". I DO have an access point, I am even connected to it. To prove it, I can go to the internet app(DSiXL), and it's a firetrucking full 3 bar. I don't get it. Please halp me D:
EDIT: Anyone? please :'( I want to trade mah Croconaw(lv 22) for a Wynaut :'( please halp me with this problem </3

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Is your internet WPA or WEP? DS and DSlite both use WEP while newer DSes use WPA. You can't flip back and forth between DSes and the type of security.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Hey guys and gals. So, I wanted to check out some wifi action (first time), but it says "NO COMPATIBLE ACCESS POINT IN RANGE". I DO have an access point, I am even connected to it. To prove it, I can go to the internet app(DSiXL), and it's a firetrucking full 3 bar. I don't get it. Please halp me D:
EDIT: Anyone? please :'( I want to trade mah Croconaw(lv 22) for a Wynaut :'( please halp me with this problem </3

Its the security on your access point, the DSi browser can access the point (dunno what type it was) but I know that if you can't get on with the game but can with the DSi browser, its just because the game isn't compatible with the point while the browser is. You could reconfigure your access point and make it work easily enough.

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Confused status is less powerful?

I played through Platinum and I must say my pokemon never really hurt themselves on first turn after getting confused. I don't know if I was just lucky but in earlier gens it was almost guaranteed that my pokemon would hurt themselves after getting confused. I remember even after Swagger and getting confused, my pokemon attacked enemy properly at one incident.

I usually attacked once after getting confused then change to another pokemon. There were times I continued attacking. I wonder if hurting yourself percent is reduced on gen 4. Anybody has input on this?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
You were probably just lucky. Everytime I get confused, it's a selfhit fest for my Pokemon. I get frustrated most of the time.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It is most likely due to luck.

Anyway, quick questions belong in the 4th Gen Help Thread, so please post any more you may have, there.

Moved.

Years
I can't find Heracross. I have searched all of the forest and the surrounding trees but it won't pop out. Is he just rare or am I unlucky?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Ok, so in the Underground I know you can remove boulders depending on how many flags you capture, but how do I actually remove the boulders when I actually have captured some flags?
(hopefully this makes sense)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back