• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Out with the old, in with the new. (OU RMT)

What do you think about Umbreon

• Replace it with a physical sweeper.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace it with a special sweeper.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tyrant626

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Hey there, pokecommunity. Today I come here searching for help with my OU offensive team. I've been playing this team for awhile and have had a win ratio of about 4/1. The reason I'm here is because I've been criticized about the use of Umbreon on my team, and the critics are actually right. I've noticed he is holding this team back, but I haven't been able to find a replacement for him. Well, that's where you guys come in.

The Team
442.png
212.png
197.png
94.png
135.png
230.png

A Closer Look
442.png
Bronzong (Ding Dong)@Leftovers (Levitate)
Relaxed
252 HP / 84 Atk / 92 Def / 80 SpD

-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Payback
-Explosion

My lead, and late game physical wall. I always hated the idea of sacrificing a team mate on the first two turns. Bronzong is a bulky, helpful lead that always gets its job done. Gyro Ball for STAB, and Explosion as a last resort. The EV's are more physicaly oriented due to the fact that physical power is more of a threat.

212.png
Scizor (Axel)@Leftovers (Technician)
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Brick Break
-Bullet Punch

My first Physical Sweeper. Scizor has always been a reliable sweeper, and a reliable Attack Passer. One swords dance allows Brick Break and Bullet Punch to do massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it. I used Leftovers to shrug off any damge taken while using Swords Dance.

197.png
Umbreon (Lunatic) @Leftovers (Syncronize)
Careful
252 HP / 92 SpD / 164 Spe

-Mean Look
-Wish
-Toxic
-Baton Pass

Now, here's where things get complicated. Umbreon's a Trap Passer and Wish support. He's also a great special wall. However, people have pointed out that he's slow, and SUPER taunt weak. Taunt has never been a problem though. Anyways, Mean Look to allow easy set up, Toxic if I can, make a Wish, then BP to either Scizor or Kingdra to provide them with easy set up.
94.png
Gengar (Danny) @Life Orb (Levitate)
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

-Shadow Ball
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Pain Split

My first special sweeper. Danny also serves as a Spin Blocker and an Explosion absorber.His three attacking moves provide excellent coverage, and Pain Split heals the Life Orb recoil. I have, however, noticed that shadow ball and dark pulse have almost the same coverage.
135.png
Jolteon (Bolt) @ Life Orb (Volt Absorb)
Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

-Charge Beam
-Thunder Bolt
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder Wave

Jolteon is my second special sweeper. Charge Beam to make up for the lack of power (due to using Life Orb over Coice Specs). Thunderbolt for STAB, and Shadow Ball for coverage. I'm using Thunder Wave to cripple speedy sweepers who would otherwise ruin my team.
230.png
Kingdra (Maelstrom) @Leftovers (Swift Swim)
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Outrage
-Draco Meteor

The main attraction. With the fall of Salamence, Kingdra can rein supreme. I love Kingdra because of his typing and stats. Dragon Dance for set up, then Waterfall and Outrage as Dual STAB, hitting everthing for AT LEAST neutral damage except for Empoleon and Shedinja. Draco Meteor is for pesky physical walls like Skarmory.

Well, now for the final test. I need to figure out whether Umbreon can thrive on this team, or if he needs to be replaced. Thanks for your help!

Tyrant626

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
The Team
442.png
212.png
197.png
94.png
135.png
230.png

A Closer Look
442.png
Bronzong (Ding Dong)@Leftovers (Levitate)
Relaxed
252 HP / 84 Atk / 92 Def / 80 SpD

-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Payback
-Explosion

Uh ok i guess. There are much better leads though honestly. Id find something that isnt Spikes set up bait. That is terrible for an offensive team. It puts you on the back foot straight away, get something either with Taunt or that just flat out deters set ups.

212.png
Scizor (Axel)@Leftovers (Technician)
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Brick Break
-Bullet Punch

ok...but passing really isn't gonna do much for this team tbh.

197.png
Umbreon (Lunatic) @Leftovers (Syncronize)
Careful
252 HP / 92 SpD / 164 Spe

-Mean Look
-Wish
-Toxic
-Baton Pass

Umbreon blows. Scizor negates everything it does, not only that Lucario and pals have a totally free set up. Oh and btw did i mention how Scizor weak you are ? Yeah...

94.png
Gengar (Danny) @Life Orb (Levitate)
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

-Substitute
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Pain Split

Dark Pulse sucks and has no extra coverage and Shadow Ball hits everything that will. Use Sub to avoid being Pursuit/Blissey bait.

135.png
Jolteon (Bolt) @ Life Orb (Volt Absorb)
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

-Charge Beam
-Thunder Bolt
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Grass/Ice

Jolteon wants Timid and Hidden Powers.

230.png
Kingdra (Maelstrom) @Leftovers (Swift Swim)
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Outrage
-Draco Meteor
Draco Meteor is for pesky physical walls like Skarmory.

Skarmory used "i still wall you because i resist the move" -.- lol. Use Hydro Pump if you really want to beat Skarm or Chesto Rest since Kingdra can actually pull that off.

Ok so you need something to stop Gyarados and Scizor since those 2 shred you. Replace Umbreon and Bronzong basically.

Tyrant626

Pokemon Breeder
Years
After much consideration, Umbreon has been booted. Along with Umbreon also goes Scizor. Here are the new recruits.

Along with Bronzong, Jolteon, Gengar, and Kingdra are...

248.png
Kronos @ Choice Scarf

Adamant

160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe

-Stone Edge
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Crunch

A Physical Sweeper. Tyranitar reaches a little more tha 350 Spe with the scarf, and this set allows for all around type coverage. I noticed I now needed something to take his major weaknesses to fighting, ground, water, and steel, so i found...

286.png
Dai Li @ Toxic Orb

Jolly
Poison Heal

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

-Spore
-Substitute
-Seed Bomb
-Stone Edge

Tyranitar's partner, and a physical sweeper. Put them to sleep, then set up a Sub. Then I hit them with either a STAB Seed Bomb, or Stone Edge.

@ Dark Azelf.

Bronzong-I see your point, but Bronzong has actually started me off at 6-5 on several occasions. I always set up rocks on the first turn, then either use Gyro Ball or Payback based on the situation. The only leads that ever give me problems are Metagross and Bronzong.

Scizor-now Breloom

Umbreon-now Tyranitar

Gengar-I forgot that Ghost and Dark have almost the same coverage, so I used Substitute instead of Dark Pulse.

Jolteon-already has outstanding speed. I will be using HP Grass though.

Kingdra-Hmm..well, I suppose Hydro Pump may serve better, as it will also alow me to hit Metagross and Hippowdon a bit harder.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For Breloom: it might need Focus Punch to replace Seed Bomb. This is because the former works well in tandem with Substitute and Spore and provides better coverage and power than the latter.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
After much consideration, Umbreon has been booted. Along with Umbreon also goes Scizor. Here are the new recruits.

Along with Bronzong, Jolteon, Gengar, and Kingdra are...

248.png
Kronos @ Choice Scarf

Adamant

160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe

-Stone Edge
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Crunch

A Physical Sweeper. Tyranitar reaches a little more tha 350 Spe with the scarf, and this set allows for all around type coverage. I noticed I now needed something to take his major weaknesses to fighting, ground, water, and steel, so i found...

286.png
Dai Li @ Toxic Orb

Jolly
Poison Heal

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

-Spore
-Substitute
-Seed Bomb
-Stone Edge

Tyranitar's partner, and a physical sweeper. Put them to sleep, then set up a Sub. Then I hit them with either a STAB Seed Bomb, or Stone Edge.

Focus Punch over either Seed Bomb or SE on Loom. 12 HP (for max poison heal recvery) / Max att / 244 speed @ Adamant. Jolly is poop and makes it weak.

Tht EV spread is horrid on Scarftar, it gets 273 speed with that spread. :/ It needs max Att and speed @ Jolly to beat Starmie, Azelf, Gengar and so many other threats. Pursuit over Fire Punch. Pursuit is one of the biggest reasons to even use it. Taking out things like Starmie, Gengar and Rotom amongst anything that doesn't resist it is too good to pass up. Fire Punch sucks and doesn't hit anything.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Jolteon-already has outstanding speed. I will be using HP Grass though.

...but not enough to outspeed Adamant +1 Gyarados which then proceeds to decimate your team, especially if Breloom is gone. By decimate, I mean OHKO everything. Except for Kingdra, which takes like ~90% anyway and the aforementioned Breloom.

Tyrant626

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Brellom-hmm, I suppose I would get better results if I replace Stone Edge with Focus Punch.

Tyranitar-My only problem is that Skarmory and Bronzong would force me out because I woul'dnt be able to do anything. However, I'm considering running a Choice Band set, so I could replace Fire Punch with Pursuit. Then, with the same EV spread, Breloom and Gengar will make it easy for Tyranitar to switch in, and Jolteon to if he can lure in other Jolteon.

Back