• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Not doing a whole lot in Black ATM. I did catch a good Sawk - Jolly, with great IVs. Trained him a bit and leveled up a few others, but I haven't done Lenora's gym yet. I want to finish up catching Munnas, since the game steers you into Pinwheel Forest right after Lenora's gym, and I don't have all the Synchronizers I want yet - in particular, I haven't gotten either Modest or Timid yet. So I'm turning little circles in the Dreamyard, hunting for Synchronize Munnas. At least I can tell immediately if they have Synchronize, since the alternative is Forewarn, which shows up on-screen. But it's slow going anyway. And it doesn't help that I gave in to the temptation and started a Nuzlocke in the VoltWhite Full hack, which has been a lot of fun, though a bit exhausting, since everything's tougher.

Just a few more Munnas to go. Maybe this next one will be Timid or Modest...

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I decided to put down White 2 and picked up Black Again.

After becoming the world's most powerful trainer, Clara has turned her attention to filling the Unova National Pokedex; a task she has nearly complete. Compiling a grand total of 595 Pokemon from all the regions, she has set her sites on the remaining few!

I traded with myself from Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 to catch certain pokemon, as well as transferring pokemon from Platinum and Soul Silver. I'm missing a bunch of pokemon from Hoenn, but I should be able to obtained them soon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Pretty much finished off my set of Synchronize Munnas - never caught a Lax or a Hardy, but that's fine. Breezed through Lenora's gym - Sawk did most of the work - then off to reclaim a stolen skull. Spent a long time in Pinwheel Forest and caught a nice Timid Cottonee, a Jolly Venipede and an awesome Adamant Sewaddle. Fought all the trainers, took back the skull, yada yada. Then it was on to Skyarrow Bridge.

Sincerely - crossing Skyarrow Bridge for the first time was one of the most amazing moments I've had playing Pokemon, and it's still pretty impressive. It looks great and the music is perfect.

Got in to Castelia City and just worked my way through, doing everything. Got the pokemon I planned on taking into Burgh's gym - Dewott, Roggenrola, Pansear, Blitzle, Tranquill and Herdier - all up to about level 20-22, mostly by fighting in the Battle Company, though I ended up doubling back across the bridge to do a bit of grinding in Pinwheel Forest. Then met Burgh, fought the Plasma grunt and was pleased to see Bianca get her Munna back. Then it was off to the honey maze gym, which was easily handled by the team. Back to the PC to heal, swung by the vending machines to stock up on water, soda and lemonade, then battled Bianca in the gate house. I felt a bit sorry for her, as I always do when I demolish her, but as usual, she brightened back up and went on her way, and I saved at the gate to Route 4. Next stop - desert.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Okay so every Thursday i get a chance of playing pokemon Black so.. here what i did so far
Trainer Name : Ethan
Starter : Snivy => serviter => Serperior
got 5 badges :) heading towards the 6th :D

Years
---Begin of Log (3 Jan. 2013)---

So, started Pokémon Black on my DSi.
Already have 3 pokémon, starter Snivy (Lv. 10), and a Lillipup (Lv. 6) and a Patrat (Lv. 4).
Also battled PKMN-Trainer N.

I'm currently at Route 2.
And going to sleep (it's in Holland 11 PM)

---End of Log (3 Jan. 2013)---

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Spoilered so this doesn't get too unmanageable:
Spoiler:

Edited for an update:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Finally picked up White after a few month and actually made some progress. Sad, I've focused more on filling up my Pokedex and trades and actually doing post-game. XD

Anyway last time I played I finally found the sixth and final of the Seven Sages, Zinzolin. Found him chilling (pun not intended) in the Cold Storage. He just talked for a while and then gave me Hone Claws. The Looker showed up soon after and arrested him for questioning.

After that I've decided to evolve two Pokemon just for the heck of it: Frillish into Jellicent and my Fraxure into Haxorus. Basically for Frillish I went around Route 16 and the Small Court and battled trainers and wild Pokemon there. And then I went to Route 10 and leveled it up until it evolved into Jellicent! So then I decided to continue training Fraxure there battling wild Audino as we went. Then explored Victory Road for a bit and leveled up there till he was at level 46. After that I back to the Small Court and Big Stadium and leveled him up against trainers to level 48 in which he evolved into Haxorus! Finally glad I was able to do this.

Next should actually do more post-game stuff that needs to be done.

Years
My turn. I am really late to the Gen V party, but here goes nothin'.
My team and I just finished off Drayden, gonna head for Elite Four after grinding
team
--Halen the Emboar lvl 50
--Wriggs the Stoutland currently lvl 37
--Saria the Simisage lvl currently lvl 39
--Minipete the Emolga currently lvl 40
--Barb the Swoobat currently lvl 35
--Leo the Carracosta currently lvl 37
Going to level the rest of the team to at least 45 before attempting the Elite Four challenge
Really like the Fire type starter, but it was tough to take down Drayden with no type advantage. Was pretty fun though.

Years
i'm currently at Abyssal Ruins trying to get all items from the 3rd floor(pretty sure i already got all items on 1st floor and 100% i got all on 2nd floor). I love the music,it for some reason just feels satisfying

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Current team:

I'm in Nimbasa City.

Planned team:

I may change Ferrothorn for Eelektross if I can find a Tynamo.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Playing Black for my second playthrough in a LONG time before I jump to B/W2.

Currently roaming around Nimbasa City because it is probably one of my favourite cities in the game and I don't want to run through the Gym just yet.

My Team: Sawk, Yamask, Servine, Panpour, Patrat

Honestly its Sawk and Yamask proving to be an unbeatable duo. Between Sawk's fighting moves and Bide, and Yamask having the Will-O-Wisp/Hex combo I have beaten everyone easily since getting them while leaving Share Exp on Patrat. Servine and Panpour come out in situational circumstances, but its clear who the MVP tag team of this run is by far. I will be stopping Yamask from evolving just for aesthetic purposes. I would like to beat N with the two Pokemon that I've had since I could get Yamask that will haul me through the game. L.O.E, Loyalty Over Evolutions.

Going to roam around Nimbasa for a while, grind a bit to get levels up, then squash the gym leader before moving on with my journey to defeat every trainer in the game.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Meh. Gave up on Ferrothorn and raised a Tynamo.

I realized that if I went with Ferrothorn I would have absolutely zero coverage against Flying Pokémon, and Ferrothorn doesn't add anything that I need (Jellicent will take care of certain Pokémon for me). Also, I don't have any coverage against Fighting Pokémon, but Jellicent is immune to Fighting and Scolipede has a quad resist. Ferrothorn would've been weak to Fighting, whereas Eelektross is weak to nothing.

Not sure if Haxorus is needed at all, but Dragon hits everything for neutral and Haxorus is a boss anyway, so it might be my general purpose Pokémon.

Also, I'm grossly overleveled... I had a 7 level advantage over Skyla. Didn't even need Tynamo to own her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back