• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Cerulean Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Okay I know you aren't Santa now... But everything is looking great! Now update Archayos!! Also are you sticking with the same general gym types (like always starting with rock...)?

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Yeah Twoie, quit making this people wait! *poke*

He has internet access and should be able to update, but after all he is vacationing so don't give him too hard of a time xP;

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Where is it? Archayos? We wanna the update!! ( And the CMS for me, lol ).

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Archayos... Archayos..... Archayos! ARCHAYOS!!!!

No not there? Well we're still waiting for your update, which I am sure will just be amazing!

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
OK, sorrrryyy for taking so long guys. I just got too busy with vacationing and watching Digimon videos. D:
This won't happen again.

Update: Friday, 30th May 2008

System Related Screenshots:

What?! A new menu system?! O:
Scr1-1.png
Scr2-1.png

The new PokeGear~
Scr3-1.png
Scr4-1.png

Some Battle System Touch Ups! Beta Stages, STILL. xP
Scr5-1.png
Scr6-1.png

Scr7-1.png
Scr8-1.png

Scr9-1.png

Game Play Screenshots

Routes:
Scr10-1.png
Scr11-1.png

Scr12-1.png
Scr13-1.png

Scr14-1.png
Scr15-1.png

Scr16-1.png
Scr17-1.png

Scr18-1.png
Scr19-1.png

Scr20-1.png
Scr21-1.png

Cities:

Healnic City:

A modernized city which was made on an ancient ruin's site. The city, being modern, has an ancient culture. The houses are built with brown bricks and in most cases, with a matching roof top. This city is also the home to Arlia's biggest research lab.
Screens coming soon...

Plot Hints

1. Healnic City has an underground cave which leads to blank dead end. According to the old dialects, the cave was supposedly a portal between two worlds. However, the dialects are written in another language and thus the translation is rough and unfinished. Also, there is no evidence to prove the myth mentioned in the dialect.

2. You encounter the leader of Team Aero in the research lab of the city. He speaks something about an unfinished experiment in the element of water, and that by "combining these powers" the "element of destruction" will be formed.
--x--

...and so you can obviously see why that update took so long. The new list of new features includes:
-New Trees
-Sidestairs
-DP styled front stairs
-Some new character sets
-New Autotiles
-Modifications to the duel system
-Modifications to the battle system
-A whole new menu system
-New animations
-Whole PokeGear system

... and I got a lot of maps done. Mapping Healnic was pretty tough. I'll get in some screenshots once I'm done with the NPCs.

Oh! And one more thing! Credit to OG for the menu graphics. Basically, we had a little deal going. I'll do the coding of the menu while he provides me with the graphics. Both our games are using the same code and same graphics, except that our interfaces are pretty different.

Enjoy the update~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't realize what you had meant by 'human-to-human' before until last night; wow, that's DEFINITELY original.

Can I borrow that? :P I've been wanting to do a more realistic Pokemon fangame, and that's about as real as it gets - well, I'll have to elaborate on it a little more for my version, of course, just so it doesn't seem like an exact copy.

Thanks!~
As long as I get adequate credit, I seriously don't mind. Just don't allow people to think that it's your idea; mention somewhere (where people would bother looking) that you got the idea from me. That's all I want, and you can use it. : D

Also are you sticking with the same general gym types (like always starting with rock...)?

Definitely not. But I haven't thought of the new types yet, though. Gyms aren't a priority yet. I was thinking of making a new type though. o.O; do you think I should? Not for the gyms or anything like that, just for my new Pokemon. I guess I'll shut up about giving story spoilers now..

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
AMAZING!! Archayos! Finally updated! Thanks for crediting me^^
Well, the CBS looks GREAT! I like the battle background!! Keep it up!

Waudby

You will need to credit Kyledove for those stairs tiles. and probably even for the trees that you used to edit.

Other than that looking good. the battle system is looking impressive.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Ohhh. Nice menu system. Looks slick. Good job to you and OG on it. Excellent update. Felt like I was waiting awhile for that :P

Archayos

Years
AMAZING!! Archayos! Finally updated! Thanks for crediting me^^
Well, the CBS looks GREAT! I like the battle background!! Keep it up!

Heh. Thanks. I still need to modify the HP bar boxes and stuff like that. It's still in beta stages. :3
But you can see why I took so long to update x3. Sorry for keeping you and everybody else waiting.

You will need to credit Kyledove for those stairs tiles. and probably even for the trees that you used to edit.

Other than that looking good. the battle system is looking impressive.
They're kyledove's? I found them on The Spriters Resource and there wasn't anything mentioned. I didn't know; I'll put his name in the credits right about now.
Thanks for the comment about the battle system! Nobody's commented on the new menu or the Pokegear yet, though. -shrug-

EDIT:
Ohhh. Nice menu system. Looks slick. Good job to you and OG on it. Excellent update. Felt like I was waiting awhile for that :P

Woops. Missed that. Our posts came in at the same time. xP;
I'm glad to see that you liked my update. They're well worth the time they take, I guess. Although I wasted days altogether this time. Keeping people waiting is just wrong; I won't do it again.
I'm still trying to fix up one tiny bug in my menu and smoothen out the graphics. I'm not even sure about this design... I might just go with another interface. :P

---------------------------

I'll be posting some screenies of Healnic City soon. Still trying to think of what the NPCs should say with some kind of co-relation to the story.
Has anybody even bothered to read the plot hints yet? D:

Last edited:

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
"Has anybody even bothered to read the plot hints yet? D:"

Tssk, no pushy-ness! lol

Looking very good, Twoie. I'm looking forward to seeing the Healnic City screenies! x3
And...what's May doing there?!

Archayos

Years
"Has anybody even bothered to read the plot hints yet? D:"

Tssk, no pushy-ness! lol

Looking very good, Twoie. I'm looking forward to seeing the Healnic City screenies! x3
And...what's May doing there?!

Thanks for keeping this thread active, Krimmy. Looks like people just don't like to comment here. D:
In case you missed it... there's an update here. x_x

Oh... we have a userbar!
TCSSupportBar.png

HTML:
[IMG]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/Archayos/TCSSupportBar.png[/IMG]

EDIT: About may... it's actually a placeholder sprite for Terra. :3

Years
I love the menu system that you have developed for this game. I think its much better than the everyday pokemon game menu. Looking at the trainer battle and the wild encounters I think that the enemy box and where it shows the trainers pokemon seems to be a bit low, but that may be how you wanted it. In the person vs. person battles, if you lose is it like a trainer battle and you go back to a pokemon center?

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Hehe nice last time I posted here was post 17 i think. Anyweh this is intresting and a beta/demo/whatever you call it sounds cool. Also I think by know everyone preetty much guessed with the portal to another dimention refers to giratina. I know it refers to a pokemon other to giratina

Archayos

Years
I love the menu system that you have developed for this game. I think its much better than the everyday pokemon game menu. Looking at the trainer battle and the wild encounters I think that the enemy box and where it shows the trainers pokemon seems to be a bit low, but that may be how you wanted it. In the person vs. person battles, if you lose is it like a trainer battle and you go back to a pokemon center?

Heh, thanks. There still might be many modifications to this CMS. About the enemy box; I don't know. I haven't really edited the battle scenes much, so I think that's the way it is in the SK. Perhaps it looks like it has been lowered because of the new BG, I guess.

Hehe nice last time I posted here was post 17 i think. Anyweh this is intresting and a beta/demo/whatever you call it sounds cool. Also I think by know everyone preetty much guessed with the portal to another dimention refers to giratina. I know it refers to a pokemon other to giratina
Naw, I'm tired of that. Giratina has a tiny role in the story, but that cave definitely isn't dedicated to it. If you've played Devil Summoner, then you'll have probably guessed what it's like.
There's your clue. : D

Also... on a lighter note...
This is my 100th post! Yayz!~

Last edited:

Ancient

Aspiring Video Game Designer
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2008
Incredible...

Archayos buddy, you've outdone yourself! This looks like a game on Game Boy Advance! It's truly incredible work! ^_^

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
how did you make it? did you use RPG MAKER XP? please reffer something to meh thnx, also verry good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back